Bài tập ôn tập lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh
Bài tập ôn tập môn tiếng Anh lớp 9
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập ôn tập lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây bao gồm 2 dạng bài luôn luôn xuất hiện trong bài kiểm tra và bài thi bất kì sẽ giúp các bạn ôn luyện và củng cố ngữ pháp cũng như trau dồi vốn từ vựng cần thiết để nâng cao hiệu quả học tập. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
Choose the best option among A, B, C, or D provided to finish each of the following sentences.
1. Mary lives in a small apartment________ the ground floor.
A. under B. by C. in D. on
2. My sister can________ six languages fluently.
A. speak B. tell C. say D. talk
3. I'm so_______, mum! Can I have something to drink?
A. thirty B. hungry C. thirsty D. angry
4. ________ Tom's sister’s birthday, John?
A. When's B. How does C. what's D. Where's
5. He lives________ the sea.
A. on B. at C. in D. near
6. He doesn't have________ experience of working in an office.
A. much B. some C. an D. the
7. Do you mind________ the cooking?
A. doing B. to do C. for cooking D. to cooking
8. They gave________ looking for her when it grew dark.
A. out B. up C. in D. away
9. She is one of those who________ money.
A. enjoys to spend B. enjoy spending C. enjoy to spend D. enjoys spending
10. I spent half a year_______ this boat.
A. to build B. built C. building D. with building
11. I have never had any liking for cake, _______?
A. have I B. haven't I C. did I D. didn't I
12. David's house is________ to the river.
A. near B. next C. between D. in front
13. There is a movie________ the football match.
A. after B. behind C. at D. on
14. ________ paper is decorated paper that is used to cover presents.
A. Wrap B. Wraps C. Wrapped D. Wrapping
15. Henry is excited________ leaving________ India.
A. in/ at B. about/ at C. about/ to D. about/ for
16. The museum is the________ away of the two buildings.
A. far B. farther C. further D. farthest
17. The film at the Center Theatre is a________ one.
A. to bore B. boredom C. boring D. bored
18. Jack loves his parents' house________ he was born.
A. which B. who C. whose D. in which
19. I'm afraid I'm not very good________ looking after animals.
A. for B. in C. at D. about
20. I'm worried ________ taking my oral exam.
A. about B. that C. of D. to
21. The English language________ in all over the world.
A. speaks B. was spoken C. is spoken D. has been spoken
22. Last night when I________ my homework, the light________ out.
A. did/ went B. doing/ went C. did/ was going D. was doing/ went
23. If I________ a bird, I________ in a cage.
A. was/ won't live B. am/ won't live C. were/ shan't live D. were/ wouldn't live
24. I can't go because I________ my work yet.
A. don't finish B. am not finish C. haven't finished D. haven't finish
25. Why don't you________ extra lessons in the evening?
A. take B. takes C. to take D. take to
26. Do you like pop music? _________.
A. I would B. Yes, a lot C. No, I like it D. Yes, we are
27. The dog with white paws________ to Joan. She loves it very much.
A. belong B. is belonging C. belongs D. belonging
28. Almost every day we go for a walk________ after lunch.
A. along the sea B. along the shore C. in the beach D. in the sand
29. The Harrisons are travelling to Paris _____plane.
A. by B. on C. through D. in
30. ________ do you and your brother often go to school? - We cycle.
A. How B. How far C. How long D. How by
31. Mr Kent's flat is________ the third floor of the building.
A. at B. on C. in D. under
32. Where is Paula? - She_______.
A. is in her room studying B. studies in her room
C. in her room is studying D. was in her room studying
33. He's lazy. He never does________ work.
A. some B. any C. no D. a
34. It was a boring weekend. I________ anything.
A. didn't B. don't do C. didn't do D. doesn't do
35. Would you like to come________ my car?
A. in B. by C. on D. with
36. Using only a pen with blue ink, Sue________ a beautiful picture of a bird.
A. drews B. drawed C. drew D. drawn
37. She gives her children everything________ they want.
A. where B. who C. what D. X
38. _______? - It's about three miles from the house to the supermarket.
A. How B. How often C. How far D. How long
39. Tell me________ there is anything special that you would like to do.
A. that B. which C. so D. if
40. I have an________ to a party tonight.
A. invite B. invitations C. invitation D. invited
II- Read the following passage and choose A, B, C, or D to fill in the gaps.
Earnest Hemingway was born in Oak Park, a small town (41)______ the state of Illinois. As a boy he was often taken on frequently hunting and fishing trips (42)______ his father to Michigan, the locale of many his stories, and (43)______ he soon got acquainted with the life of the Indians and such virtues as courage and endurance, (44)______ were later revealed in his fiction. After school Hemingway (45)______ as a newspaper reporter and then joined a volunteer ambulance unit (46)______ in World War I. After the war he came home (47)______ a hero. He lived for several years in Paris after that. He joined a group of expatriated American writers who considered (48)______ a lost generation. In Paris he published "Three Stories and Ten Poems" (1923) and "In Our Time" (1924) (49)______ his own experiences of life are revealed, and which brought him (50)______ immediately.
41. A. at B. in C. on D. behind
42. A. with B. for C. by D. to
43. A. where B. which C. that D. when
44. A. that B. which C. who D. it
45. A. works B. was working C. has worked D. worked
46. A. taking part B. take part C. to take part D. took part
47. A. an B. like C. as D. the
48. A. they B. them C. their D. themselves
49. A. in which B. in that C. where D. at which
50. A. famous B. fame C. famed D. famously