Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 huyện Hạ Hòa, Phú Thọ năm học 2015 - 2016
Đề thi chọn HSG môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 cấp huyện
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 huyện Hạ Hòa, Phú Thọ năm học 2015 - 2016 kiểm tra các kỹ năng: Nghe, Ngữ âm, Ngữ pháp, Đọc và Viết cùng đáp án đi kèm, đây là tài liệu học tập hữu ích giúp các bạn học sinh lớp 9 ôn tập và nâng cao kiến thức Tiếng Anh của mình.
ĐỀ THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI LỚP 9 THCS CẤP HUYỆN NĂM HỌC 2015 - 2016
Môn: Tiếng Anh
Thời gian làm bài 150 phút (Không kể thời gian giao đề)
Đề thi có 07 trang
SECTION A: LISTENING
I. Listen and check your understanding by choosing TRUE or FALSE for each statement. You will hear the recording twice. (10 points)
1. There are two customers eating together.
2. The two customers order the same starter.
3. Both customers order the Thai chicken for their main course.
4. The customers order soft drinks.
5. Both customers order a dessert.
II. You will hear some information on the radio about a summer music school. Listen and complete questions 1 to 5. You will hear the information twice (10 points)
SUMMER MUSIC SCHOOL
Place: (0) Arts centre
Starting date: (1) .............................. July
Learn to play: (2) Piano, guitar ........................
Classes start at: (3) ................................. a.m.
Cost of classes: (4) £................................. a day
Phone number: (5) .............................................
SECTION B. PHONETICS
III. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest by circling the corresponding letter A, B, C, or D. (10 points)
1. A. enough B. laugh C. cough D. plough
2. A. switch B. stomach C. match D. catch
3. A. internet B. invent C. media D. spend
4. A. beneath B. breath C. health D. breathe
5. A. leaf B. of C. deaf D. wife
IV. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the others. (10 points)
1. A. reputation B. description C. suggestion D. pollution
2. A. practical B. designer C. minority D. occasion
3. A. communicate B. convenient C. compulsory D. correspond
4. A. national B. engineer C. interesting D. scientist
5. A. purpose B. machine C. surface D. greenhouse
SECTION C. LEXICO-GRAMMAR
V. Complete the following sentences by choosing the correct answer among the four options (A, B, C or D). There may be more than one correct option.(40 pts)
1. She asked me how I ________ English in the future.
A. will use B. would use C. used D. use
2. The wall of the room was made ___________thick glass.
A. by B. off C. in D. of
3. She was his grandmother, so he was her _______
A. son B. grandson C. nephew D. niece
4. Would you mind if I took a photo? – "______."
A. Please go ahead B. Thank you C. Yes, I would D. Congratulations
5. We are all ______ that you passed your English exam. Congratulation!
A. relieved B. afraid C. delighted D. certain
6. You have to work ________ for the coming exam.
A. hardly B. more hardly C. more hard D. hard
7.It is essential that he ................. that contract.
A. refuse B. refuses C. refusing D. is refusing
8. This shirt is much prettier, but it costs ............the other one.
A. so much as B. as many as
C. twice as much as D. twice as many
9. Can you ..............the papers with you when you come to see me, please?
A. bring B. collect C. take D. get
10. The Minister suggested .................................all poor people.
A. that we should help B. that we help
C. that we helped D. helping
11. It was ................film that I couldn't see it through.
A. so boring a B. such a boring C. so a boring D. both A&B
12. We didn't .........to the station in time to catch the train.
A. reach B. arrive C. get D. leave
13. You dislike playing basketball and table tennis,..............?
A. don't you B. do you C. won't you D. will you
14. She tried to prevent the dog ..................running into the road.
A. from B. to C. against D. for
15. Let's go somewhere else. There's ______ noise in this room.
A. too many B. too much C. enough D. too
16. He has two cars, but ............ works.
A. neither of them B. no of them C. either of them D. none them
17. He has just bought ................expensive new furniture.
A. an B. some C. these D. those
18. The more the car costs, ........... it goes.
A. the faster B. the more faster C. the fastest D. faster
Đáp án đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
SECTION A. LISTENING
I. (10 points - 2 pts for each)
1. True 2. False 3. True 4. True 5. False
II. You will hear some information on the radio about a summer music school. Listen and complete questions 1 to 5. You will hear the information twice (10 pts - 2 pts for each)
1. 5th(July); 5/7
2. (and) drum(s)
3. 9.15 (nine fifteen)/ a quarter past nine (a.m)
4. (£) 3.25/three pounds (and) twenty-five (p/pence)
SECTION B. PHONETICS:
III. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from that of the rest by writing your answer (A, B, C, D) in the numbered box. (10 points. 2 pts for each)
1. D 2. B 3. C 4. D 5. B
IV. Choose the letter (A, B, C or D) next to the word whose main stress is placed differently from that of the rest. Write your answer (A, B, C, D) in the numbered box. (10 points - 2 pts for each)
1. A 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. B
SECTION C: LEXICO- GRAMMAR:
V. Complete the following sentences by choosing the correct answer among the four options (A, B, C or D). There may be more than one correct option.(40 pts - 2 pts for each)
1. B 2. D 3. B 4. A 5. C
6. D 7. A 8. C 9. A 10. A, B, D
11. D 12. C 13. B 14. A 15. B
16. A 17. B 18. A 19. D 20. A
VI. There is one mistake in each sentence. Find the mistake and write your correction in the space provided below: (10 points. 2 pts for each)
A. sad C. shorter D. operational D. make C. naturally
VII. Complete the sentences by filling in each blank with the correct form of the word in italic: (10 points. 2 pts for each)
1. impolitely 2. disastrous 3. collections 4. misunderstanding
VIII. Complete the sentences with the right form of the verbs in bracket: (10 points. 2 pts for each)
1. has not been cleaned 2. turns 3. cheating 4. made 5. is getting
SECTION D. READING:
IX. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions. (20 points. 2 pts for each)
1. A 2. D 3. D 4. A 5. C
6. B 7. C 8. C 9. B 10. D
X. Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions. (10 points. 2 pts for each)
1. A 2. D 3. B 4. C 5. A
XI. Fill in each numbered blank ONE suitable word. (20 points. 2 pts for each)
1. is 2. get 3. for 4. that 5. their
6. because 7. who 8. from 9. also 10. with
SECTION E. WRITING:
XII. Rewrite the sentences so that it means the same as the first one, beginning with the given words. (20 points. 2 pts for each)
1. I'd rather you didn't interrupt me when I'm talking.
2. Hoa asked me if / whether I lived in that flat with my parents.
3. Minh advised me not to drink too much coffee at night.
4. This is the first time I have ever read such a romantic story.
5. Impressed as we were by the new cinema, we found it rather expensive.
6. I never had intention to go/of going to the meeting.
7. If it hadn't been for his help, we would all have died.
8. Both Tim and Mary can't speak Portugese
9. The house is too expensive for us to buy.
(Or: The house is so expensive that we can't afford to buy/ we can't buy (it).
10. Such was Laura's disappointment that she could not keep on working.
XIII. Complete these sentences using the words given. Make all the changes and additions if necessary. (20 points - 2 pts for each)
1. Never in her life has she seen such a tall building.
2. It is / was wrong of you not to give her a chance to talk.
3. Would you like me to show you the best places in/of our town?
4. The air is full of dust because the roads are being repaired.
5. It took Mai five hours to go to the seaside last week.
6. Because of the heavy rain, many students were late for class yesterday.
7. I want to have that suit cleaned and ironed before the meeting.
8. My brother often spends his spare time reading books and watching television.
9. Do / Did you know who invented the telephone?
10. Last weekend my family had a two-day trip to our home village.