Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 11 Changing Roles In Society
Bài tập Unit 11 lớp 9 Changing Roles In Society có đáp án
Đề luyện tập Tiếng Anh Unit 11 lớp 9 có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit năm học 2020 - 2021 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra Tiếng Anh gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh khác nhau được biên tập bám sát chương trình học giúp học sinh lớp 9 nắm chắc kiến thức trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Changing roles in society
Agreeing and disagreeing tones
– Review: Future passive
– Non-defining relative clause
The changing roles in society
– Reading about the changing roles of women in society and its effects
– Listening about the changes that women in Kenya are going through
– Talking and writing about roles in the future
I. Choose a word in each line that has different stress pattern.
1. A. Forum B. Machine C. Pressure D. Whiteboard
2. A. Projector B. Dependent C. Dominate D. Appointment
3. A. Relationship B. Participate C. Curriculum D. Academic
4. A. Demolish B. Syllabus C. Principal D. Masterpiece
5. A. Theoretical B. International C. Uneconomic D. University
II. Complete the sentences with the words from the box. Use each word once only.
apply - breadwinner - burden - content - evaluator
hands-on - process - provider - responsibility - tailor
1. In our society, men are often expected to be the _________ in a family.
2. His work was reviewed by the _________ and he was given a list of corrections that he should apply to meet corporate standards.
3. In order to help students learn the sense of _________ , it’s necessary for them to do household work after school.
4. If you need to contact your internet service_________ , you can find their contact details on your bills.
5. Many employers consider ________ experience to be as useful as academic qualifications.
6. With the modern training strategy, we identify your needs, and __________ your training accordingly.
7. He can speak English, French and Japanese. He wants a job in which he can his foreign languages.
8. Paying tuition fees often places a large financial ___________ on poor students’ families.
9. Mary is very__________ with her current job and has no desire to quit it.
10. Teenagers play an important part in the __________ of changing the society.
III. Give the correct form of the word in CAPITALS to complete each of the following sentences.
1. A leg injury is preventing Peter from active ___________ in the competition. (PARTICIPATE)
2. Her children are very _______________. They do all the shopping and cooking by themselves. (DEPEND)
3. In the future, students will not _____________ go to school every day; they can stay at home and follow the lesson online.(NECESSARY)
4. The modern mother will decrease her ___________ in household work as it will be shared by her husband.(INVOLVE)
5. Teachers should act as________, enabling their students to study in the way that suits them best.(FACILITATE)
6. Our school will participate in a big campaign to save,_______ species.(DANGER)
7. The role of the modern teacher is to provide ________to the student.(GUIDE)
8. It is good news that all the schools in our city are_______ to changes in the curriculum. (RESPOND)
9. Finishing high school at the age of 16 is ________possible for many students.(THEORY)
10. It is announced that successful _______will receive notification within the week. (APPLY)
IV. Put the following sentences Into passive voice.
1. We will open more forums for students to share their ideas.
2. Students will no longer carry school bags to the classes.
3. Will schools provide students with laptops or iPads?
4. They will recognise and value women’ s contribution equally.
5. Teachers will not check students’ homework every day.
6. Virtual schools will allow students to work from home.
7. Will he look after the children and feed them?
8. Women will not do all the washing-up and cooking.
9. Students will log into their accounts to take part in online lessons.
10. Our school will use a special software to track student progress.
V. Combine the following sentences using an appropriate relative clause.
1. My head teacher has such a good sense of humour. He usually makes everyone laugh by telling funny stories.
2. I prefer traditional classrooms. I can interact face to face with the teachers and other students there.
3. We are going to open a new English class. This class is totally online.
4. Mr. Vinh is talking with the students. They are sharing their thoughts about the roles of schools in the future.
5. My new school is bigger than the old one. You visited it two days ago.
6. Dr. Anna Bennett is a senior lecturer at the National University. Her paper is about women’ s roles in the 21st century.
7. My brother has just graduated from Harvard University. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO used to study there.
8. Her husband will stay at home to look after the children. He used to be the breadwinner of her family.
9. I have read an article about Silicon Valley. It is home to many of the world’s largest high-tech corporations.
10. They will organise a farewell party for Ms. Jennifer Green next week. She has been our school principal for 8 years.
VI. Choose the best answer in the brackets to complete the following sentences.
1. Learning in the future will be more (socially-oriented / individually-oriented) as each student will have his own timetable.
2. By the time she gets her first job next week, she will have been (employed / unemployed) for over nine months.
3. The last (interviewer / interviewee) was very smart. He had answers for all of our questions.
4. She has no sense of (style / direction) at all. She always gets lost.
5. This is a picture of Mountain View, (where / which) Google Headquarters are located.
6. I have been introduced to a student (whom / that) is a member of the Beyond 2030 Forum.
7. The Amazon River, (that / which) is in South America, is one of the longest rivers in the world.
8. My director, (whom / that) you met this morning, will stop working to take care of his children.
9. Students (will stay / will be stayed) at home to plan and carry out their projects.
10. Teachers (will evaluate / will be evaluated) in lesson planning and instructional methods.
VII. Read the following passage and choose the best option for each numbered blank.
There has been a big change in the roles of men and women at home which in turn (1) _____ their feelings about their roles. However, it is important to highlight how this distribution of tasks and responsibilities can affect the relationships (2) _________ may end up in discords, or even divorces. In order to make a distinction between the past and the present times (3) ______ are provided: in the past, 75% of women with a part-time job cooked the evening meal regularly while 95% (4) _____ care of all the washing and ironing. Husbands were involved in cleaning in only 17% and used their time at home on (5)_______ repairs. The care of children was mainly a task carried out by women. The little time that men spent with children usually (6) ________ the more enjoyable aspects of child care such as play and outings. However, this has (7) _____ because now women are the ones who spend less time at home (8) ______ to their jobs or their different activities. And nowadays, most husbands stay at home taking care of children and (9) ______ the cooking. As a consequence of the change in roles, women have become more liberal and think they can manage (10) _______ their own. Men, on the other hand, feel that their position and power in the family has been replaced by women.
1. A. Develops
2. A. Which
3. A. Achievements
4. A. Thought
5. A. Commercial
6. A. Challenged
7. A. Changed
8. A. Because
9. A. Making
10. A. At
VIII. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
Do you ever think about what schools will be like in the future? Many people think that students will study most regular classes such as maths, science and history online.
Students will probably be able to these subjects anywhere using a computer. What will happen if students have problems with a subject? They might connect with a
teacher through live videoconferencing. Expert teachers from learning centres will give students help wherever they live.
Students will still take classes in a school, too. Schools will become places for learning social skills. Teachers will guide students in learning how to work together in getting along with each other. They will help students with group projects both in and out of the classroom.
Volunteer work and working at local businesses will teach students important life skills about the world they live in. This will help students become an important part of their communities.
Some experts say it will take five years for changes to begin in schools. Some say it will take longer. Most people agree, though, that computers will change education the way TVs and telephones changed life for people all over the world years before.
1. What will happen if students meet difficulties with a subject?
A. Teachers from learning centres will give them help through live videoconferencing.
B. They will meet their teachers in person for help with problems with the subject.
C. They will telephone the teachers who are staying at the school to seek their help.
D. Schools will organise a live video conference for teachers to help students with problems.
2. Students will still go to school to _____ .
A. Learn all subjects
B. Play with their friends
C. Use computers
D. Learn social skills
3. The main role of teachers in the future will be _____ .
A. Providing students with knowledge
B. Guiding students to learn computers
C. Helping students with group projects
D. Organising live video conferences
4. Students will learn important life skills through _______ .
A. Going to school every day
B. Taking online classes
C. Working in international businesses
D. Doing volunteer work
5. What is the main idea of the passage?
A. Kids won’t have to go to school in the future.
B. Computers will change education in the future.
C. All classes will be taught online in the future.
D. Teachers will help students from home in the future.
Mời bạn đọc tải trọn bộ nội dung bài tập và đáp án tại đây: Ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 11 Changing Roles In Society. Ngoài ra, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 cả năm khác nhau như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 9, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 9, Bài tập nâng cao Tiếng Anh 9,... Mời thầy cô, quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo và download phục vụ việc học tập và giảng dạy.