Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 9 Natural Disasters Số 2
BÀI TẬP TRẮC NGHIỆM TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9 UNIT 9
Hình thức trắc nghiệm là một cách giúp học sinh nhanh chóng ôn tập, áp dụng kiến thức bài vừa học. Do đó, nhiều bộ môn, các thầy cô thường ra đề bài tập dưới dạng trắc nghiệm để các học sinh luyện tập. Xin giới thiệu đến các em BST Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 trắc nghiệm Unit 9: Natural Disasters để các em có thêm tư liệu hay, vừa ôn luyện bài học vừa tích lũy thêm kinh nghiệm, kỹ năng cần thiết. Hy vọng, BST sẽ giúp các em thêm yêu thích và học tốt môn tiếng Anh lên mỗi ngày. Mời các em tham khảo.
I. Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D that best fits the gap in the following sentences:
1. According to the weather ______ it will rain tonight.
A. forecast B. forecaster C. forecasted D. forecasting
2. The tsunami ______ in December 2004 in South East-A killed more than 160,000 people.
A. disaster B. disastrous C. disastrously D. disastering
3. We must find a shelter now, because of the ______ storm.
A. strong B. long C. heavy D. boring
4. The roof ______ under the weight of snow last night.
A. collapsed B. collapsing C. collapses D. collapse
5. He warned me of the ______ in the forest.
A. dangers B. dangerousness C. dangerously D. dangerous
6. Pompeii was completely ______ in AD 79 by an eruption Mount Vesuvius.
A. destroyed B. destroy C. to destroy D. destroying
7. Many people become ______ because of the natural disasters every year,
A. homeless B. homesick C. homeland D. homework
8. Mount Pinatubo, ______ is a volcano erupted in 1991.
A. which B. who C. whom D. that
9. Tornadoes and funnel-shaped storms can suck up ______ is in their path.
A. that B. whom C. who D. whose
10. We ______ since we left school.
A. haven't met B. didn't meet C. won't meet D. don't meet
11. I'll bring some raincoats just in case. I hope my friends ______ laugh at me.
A. won't B. didn't C. don't D. haven't
12. In 1995 a huge earthquake ______ the city of Kobe in Jape
A. struck B. striking C. striked D. strike
13. Tidal waves _____ the result of an abrupt shift in the underwater movement of the Earth.
A. are B. were C. is D. was
14. I can't hear what you are saying. Can you ______ the radio?
A. turn down B. turn on C. turn up D. turn off
15. Neil Armstrong, ______ walked on the moon, lived in the U S A.
A. who B. whom C. which D. whose
16. Marie Curie, ______ is one of the greatest women, discovered radium.
A. who B. whose C. whom D. which
17. According to the weather _________, it will be raining tonight.
A. prediction B. information C. announcement D. forecast
18. You shouldn't laugh ________ old people.
A. at B. on C. with D. for
19. Turn the radio ________. It's too loud.
A. down B. up C. on D. off
20. Please turn _______ the volume on TV. I want to listen to the news.
A. down B. up C. on D. off
21. The ________ is heavy rain for tomorrow.
A. forecast B. news C. saying D. guess
22. Severe thunderstorms are ______ for Tuesday night.
A. forecast B. brought C. hit D. damaged
23. It's going to be quite cool with _______ as low as 18 ºC.
A. degrees B. measurements C. temperatures D. conditions
24. The south-central coast can _______ thunderstorms.
A. be B. expect C. predict D. guess
25. HCM City will ________ temperatures between 28 ºC and 34 ºC.
A. experience B. arrive C. reach D. occur
26. I don't expect much traffic, but ________ there is, I think we should leave early.
A. in case B. in case of C. in time D. in a hurry
27. Although Tom's grandmother doesn't _____ weather forecasts, she likes watching them.
A. experience B. trust C. expect D. predict
28. An area of land with hills or mountains is called the _______.
A. regions B. territories C. highlands D. environment
29. They are going to a park ______ the other side of Saigon Bridge.
A. in B. on C. at D. to
30. The word "typhoon" comes ______ the Chinese language, doesn't it?
A. from B. for C. about D. with
31. The accident ______ while he was driving to the office.
A. occurred B. was occur C. was occurred D. was being occurred
32. That important event ______ in 1945.
A. happened B. happening C. was happened D. has happened
33. She was having a rest when the volcano _______.
A. erupted B. flew C. flowed D. broke
34. Two hundred people died in that volcano ______.
A. corruption B. eruption C. destruction D. reduction
35. Tidal waves are the result of an _______ shift in the underwater movement of the Earth.
A. amazing B. alternative C. abrupt D. unpleasant
36.________are funnel-shaped storms passing overland below a thunderstorm.
A. Earthquakes B. Tropical storms C. Hurricanes D. Tornadoes
37. In 1995, a huge earthquake struck Kobe city in Japan and caused severe _______
A. damage B. destruction C. shift D. collapse
38. The earthquake _______ the city at 2 this morning
A. occurred B. hit C. swept D. measured
39. Thousands of people were saved because scientists had__them about the volcanic eruption.
A. said B. spoke C. warned D. talked
40. A tropical storm which reaches 120 kilometers an hour is called a _______ in North and South America.
A. typhoon B. cyclone C. hurricane D. tornado
41. Ninety percent of earthquakes occur _______ the Pacific Rim.
A. around B. at C. in D. about
42. The roof ________ under the weight of snow last night.
A. collapsed B. fell C. dropped D. flew
43. A tornado looks like a big, dark _______ coming from the bottom of a storm cloud.
A. funnel B. bowl C. mushroom D. cloud
44. Early warnings about tornadoes could save many __________.
A. lives B. life C. living D. things
45. Yesterday a typhoon _________ a coastal city in the country.
A. hit B. strike C.collapsed D. predicted
46. People can know when a volcano will ________ nowadays, can't they?
A. break B. warn C. erupt D. seek
47. A tropical storm is called a hurricane in North and South America when it _____ 120 kilometers per hour.
A. reaches B. goes C. gets D. comes
48. A ____ is a very large wave.
A. tidal wave B. tsunami C. tornado D. a and b are correct.
49. A/ An __________ is a sudden strong shaking of the ground.
A. snowstorm B. tidal wave C. earthquake D. volcano.
50. A _______ is a tropical storm with strong winds.
A. typhoon B. tornado C. volcano D. tsunam