Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 The Environment Số 1
BÀI TẬP TRẮC NGHIỆM TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9 UNIT 6
Mời quý thầy cô và các em học sinh tham khảo Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 The Environment Số 1, tài liệu này giúp thầy cô và các em học sinh tham khảo nghiên cứu, ra đề kiểm tra, đề thi, ôn tập lại kiến thức đã học.
I. From each number, pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. three B. with C. father D. there
2. A. meat B. break C. steak D. great
3. A. clown B. south C. southern D. plough
4. A. method B. death C. think D. those
5. A. nature B. natural C. explain D. nation
6. A. kitchen B. torch C. mechanic D. church
7. A. ocean B. beach C. clean D. reason
8. A. climb B. surburb C. comb D. doubt
9. A. treasure B. reasure C. measure D. pleasure
10. A. feature B. reason C. season D. pleasant
II. From each number, pick out one word which has the stress on the first syllable.
1. A. appliance B. activity C. adventure D. average
2. A. chemical B. effective C. experience D. biology
3. A. primary B. satisfy C. variety D. remedy
4. A. compulsory B. population C. occasionally D. immediate
5. A. favorite B. government C. influence D. identify
III. Choose the word or the phrase or sentence that best completes each unfinished sentence below or that best keeps the meaning of the original sentence if it is substituted for the underlined word or phrase.
1. How about ______ lunch with us on Sunday?
A. to have B. have C. have had D. having
2. I suggest ______ A shortcut through the park. It’ll take much less time
A. to take B. take C. taking D. is taking
3. If you don’t pay the bill within two week, electricity will be _________..
A. turn off . B. come off C. cut off D. take off
4. We are leaving Hue for Ho Chi Minh city ______ 4 o’clock this affternoon.
A. in B. from C. to D. at
5. We’re very worried ______ spending lots of money on energy in our home.
A. about B. with C. to D. on
6. The villagers are interested in ______ Natural resources but they don’t know how to do so
A. to conserve B. conserve C. conserving D. conserved
7. The girl was not pretty but she sang ______.
A. beauty B. more beautiful C. beautiful D. beautifully
8. Check the faucets for dripping water ______ you will have to pay an enormous water bill.
A. although B. or C. because D. however
9. If we ______ wasting water, there will be shortage of fresh water in a few decades.
A. turn on B. turn off C. go on D. look for
10. You should ______ all the lights before going out.
A. turn on B. turn off C. turn up D. turn out
11. Many women nowadays are fond of ______ football.
A. playing B. to play C. play D. played
12. The doctor suggested that the secretary _________.. at least three days off work.
A. to have B. having C. should have D. have
13. My brother was ______ as the most effective activist in the school charity programme.
A. said B. nominated C. invited D. appointed
14. I’m going to tell you something important, so please listen ______.
A. care B. careful C. carelessly D. carefully
15. If it ______ this evening, I won’t go out.
A. rain B. rains C. raining D. rained
16. Ba ate a lot of food _________.. he wasn’t very hungry.
A. but B. and C. though D. because
17. Mrs. Yen forgot to __________________. the faucet when she left for work.
A. turn on B. turn off C. look for D. look after.
18. I ’d love to play volleyball _________…I have to complete an assignment.
A. and B. so C. but D. because
19. What about ….. fishing with me this morning?
A. go B. goes C. to go D. going
20. _________ we go on littering, the environment will become seriously polluted.
A. And B. But C. So D. If
21. She is tired _________she stayed up late watching TV.
A. as B. but C. so D. and
22. Tuan sighed ________________ when he heard that he failed the test.
A. sad B. sadly C. more sad D. sadlier
23. They couldn’t send the parcel ____________ the post office closed on the national holiday.
A. because B. although C. so D. or
24. When he was in university, he wasted much time _________ by Internet.
A. to chat B. chat C. chatting D. chatted
25. He denied ________the shop.
A. breaking into B. break into C. breaking on D. to break into
26. She suggested __________ for a swim.
A. going B. go C. to go D gone
27. You don’t know French, __________?
A. does you B. don’t you C. do you D. didn’t you
28. I don’t ________ the action films. I prefer documentaries.
A. likes watching B. like watching C. hardly to watch D. hardly watching
29. _________ we were tired, we sat down beside the stream.
A. Because of B. As C. If D. And
30. Tom doesn’t have to go to lecture, __________?
A. does Tom B. did he C. doesn’t Tom D. does he
31. He finished _________ and sat down.
A. to speak B. speaking C. speak D. spoken
32. I’ll write in Spanish finished _________ understand English.
A. because he don’t B. because he doesn’t
C. because of he doesn’t D. because of he don’t
33. Sue _______. She never seems to stop.
A. work continuously B. works continuously
C. works continuous D. continuously works
34. She ___________ when she heard the news.
A. can’t help crying B. can’t helped crying
A. couldn’t help cry D. couldn’t help crying
35. The children _________ surprised, were they?
A. weren’t B. was C. haven’t been D. hasn’t been
36. Did you go to Jane’s party last night? Of course, I did. But now I regret _______ there.
A. go B. gone C. going D. went
37. _______ the meat was cooked, I took it out of the oven.
A. Because of B. Because C. If D. And
38. He looked me _______ when I interrupted him.
A. angry B. angrily C. hungry D. thirsty
39. It’s essential that ________ here on time.
A. you are B. you is C. you were D. you be
40. Bill puts money in the bank, ________?
A. didn’t he B. did he C. doesn’t he D. does he
41. I’m leaving next week. And I think I’ll never forget ________ with you.
A. worked B. work C. to work D. working
42. He _______ to find a job, but he had no luck.
A. tried hard B. hardly tried C. tried hardly D. try hardly
43. It is necessary that the mother __________ by breast milk.
A. feed her baby up C. feeds her baby up
A. bed her baby up D. feeds up her baby
44. Maria is studying laws, _________?
A. isn’t Maria B. is Maria C. isn’t she D. wasn’t she
45. Would you mind ________ your pet snake somewhere else?
A. put B. putting C. to put D. puts
46. ________ the manager is out today, I’ll sign the letter.
A. Because B. If C. Because of D. But
47. My leg was hurting me. I ________ walk.
A. could hardly B. can hardly C. could hard D. can hard
48. The driver was ________.
A. serious injured B. injure seriously C. seriously injured D. injured seriously
49. You haven’t written to her_________, have you?
A. recently B. never C. late D. recent
50. The boy likes ________ games but hates ___________ his lessons.
A. play/ study B. playing/ study C. play/ studying D. playing/ studying
IV. Fill in each blank of the following passage with one suitable word.
Air pollution can (1) _______ people ill. Consequently, some countries (2) _______ laws to control the quality of smoke (3) _______ the air. Air pollution causes particular damage to the body (4) _______ harming the lungs. Leads should not (5) _______ used in petrol because it is bad for children’s (6) _______ and make them clumsy in using (7) _______ hands. Poisonous gas from lead collects in those parts of cities where (8) _______ are tall buildings. Pollution can also have (9) _______ influence on the earth’s climate. The (10) _______ may melt near the North and South Poles, resulting in very bad floods.
V. Read the following passage and answer the questions
Everyday on radio, on TV, and in the newspaper, we hear, see or read about many problems in the world, for example, pollution problems.
Air pollution is the first kind. It mostly comes from fumes released from motorbikes, cars, airplanes, trains and poisonous gases emitted from factories. Also, waste is dumped any where, even in the city where many people are living. The second pollution problem is sea pollution. Many people earn their living from fishing in the sea, and the fish they catch feed many people. But the sea has become so polluted from oil spills and factory wastes that the fish are dying. This pollution is not only killing the fish, but is also affecting those people who eat fish.
Seldom do you find a place nowadays that is not polluted. This problem is growing more difficult everyday. We must find a good solution that makes the world a better place to live.
1. We hear, see and read about problems in the world _________
A. once a week
B. every day
C. every week
D. every year
2. What causes the air pollution?
A. fumes from vehicles.
B. poisonous gases from factories.
C. waste from everywhere
D. all are correct
3. The sea has become polluted because of _________
A. oil spills
B. factories wastes
C. smoke from factories
D. a and b are correct
4. In order to make the world a better place to live, we _________
A. should not prevent pollution
B. should find a good solution.
C. should kill the fish.
D. None is correct.