Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7: Saving energy Số 1
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7: Saving energy
Mời quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh tham khảo bộ sưu tập Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7: Saving energy Số 1 có trên VnDoc.com. Bao gồm nhiều tài liệu giúp các em học sinh nắm được từ vựng và ngữ pháp đã được học trong Unit 7 tiếng Anh lớp 9.
II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others.
1. A. objection B. opinion C. official D. optional
2. A. compulsory B. convenient C. correspond D. communicate
3. A. recycle B. garbage C. prevent D. pollution
4. A. pesticide B. environment C. authority D. suggestion
5. A. complication B. deforestation C. electricity D. disappointed
6. A. problem B. extremely C. mention D. natural
7. A. treasure B. poisonous C. resource D. plastic
8. A. replace B. efficiency C. electricity D. appliance
9. A. energy B. enormous C. expensive D. reduce
10. A. refrigerator B. innovation C. population D. entertainment
III. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. I believe that our new manager has the ______ to work well in this business environment.
A. flexible B. inflexible C. flexibly D. flexibility
2. When my father retired, he decided to take ______ golf.
A. in B. with C. up D. for
3. That's a nice coat, and the color ______ you well.
A. matches B. fits C. suits D. agrees
4. I come from Vietnam so I am not used to ______ on the left
A. drive B. drove C. driven D. driving
5. The Ao dai is the ______ dress of Vietnamese women
A. beautiful B. traditional C. casual D. baggy
6. I ......English here since I graduated from university
A. teach B. taught C. have taught D. am teaching
7. I wish you ______ here tomorrow.
A. come B. came C. will come D. would come
8. Your teacher writes poems or stories ______ she?
A. don't B. won't C. didn't D. doesn't
9. Let's ______ somewhere for a drink.
A. go B. do C. going D. doing
10. it's raining heavily ______ I can't go to the movie with you.
A. and B. but C. because D. So
11. Malaysia is divided ______ two regions
A. to B. on C. in D. into
12. Mathematics and literature are _____ subjects in high schools
A. adding B. compulsory C. optional D. religious
13. What were you doing when he ______?
A. comes B. to come C. came D. coming
14. Tell me_______ there is anything special that you would like to do.
A. which B if C that D so
15. She asked___________ whether she really wanted to take the exam.
A. anyone else B each other C herself D one
16. When she answers the phone, she often ______ in a funny accent which annoys me.
A repeats B says C speaks D tells
17. I am going to _________all my clothes and decide which to keep and which to give away.
A get on B go through C hand in D look up
18. I must find out _________ the train leave.
A. if B When C as D that
19. Is there a place ____________ we can eat cheaply near here?
A. that B there C where D which
20. He pointed to number 6 and said" That is the house she lives........"
A there B where C in D in it
21. If you work for us, you'll get somewhere to live ______ free.
A. for B. of C. at D. out
22. They took a pride ______ being the best players of the school
A. of B. in C. on D. at
23. She still remembered how he had broken down and cried ______ a baby
A. as if B. as C. like D. same as
24. - I'm sorry about that! - Well______.
A. you're welcome B. of course C. thank you D. it's OK
25. Pam, what would you ______do tomorrow morning?
A. like B. rather C. better D. ought to
26. I wish I ______ there yesterday afternoon!
A. was B. were C. had been D. would have bee
27. She saw me, but she didn't bother______hello to me.
A. to have said B. say C. saying D. to say
28. She'd prefer to go out ______ home
A. than to stay B. than staying
C. rather than staying D. rather than to stay
29. We could not use fire fighting equipment because the water pipes ______.
A. would burst B. used to burst C. have burst D. had burst
30. It's no use ______ him really. He had to do what he had been told to.
A. to blame B. for blaming C. you blame D. blaming
31. Have you got a car ______?
A. of your own B. of yourself C. of you D. of your
32. I'm not accustomed ______ in public.
A. to speak B. to speaking C. speaking D. at speaking
33. Either john or his brothers ______ the key to the car.
A. has been taken B. has taken C. have taken D. have been taken
34. Just watch me, and do ______ I tell you.
A. whoever B. whenever C. however D, whatever
35. What we heard _____
A. encouraged B. was encouraging C. encouraging D. was encouraged
36. I would have met you at the bus terminal if I ______ that you ______
A. knew/ were arriving B. knew/ arrived
C. had known/ arrived D. had known/ arriving
37. The fewer bags you take ______ trouble you will have.
A. the fewer B. the least C. the little D. the less
38. ______ where to find the key, the boy could not open the safe
A. knowing not B. knew not C. not knowing D. didn't know
39. This house needs............
A. to repaint B. repainted C. to be repainting D. repainting
40. They received......advice from their parents that they became successful.
A. so good B. such a good C. so good a D. such good
41. A good way to go to foreign countries is ________air.
A by B in C on D. with
42. All her family came to the airport to _____ her off her trip to Australia.
A. call B get C see D. take
43. - Help! -___________.
A Just a minute B Moment C I come at once D Wait on
V: Complete the passage.
sun, however, lasts, for, cause, used, in, of, being, but
Are you looking (1).......a cheap, clean, effective source of power that doesn't (2) ...... pollution or waste natural resources? Look no further than solar energy. While most fuels now iin use are (3)...... burned at an astonishing rate, solar energy, or power from the (4)...... , will last as long as the world (5)....... . This energy has already been (6)...... to heat and cool homes and to cook food. It has been used experimentally (7)...... radio batteries and in furnishing power for telephone lines. The devices, (8)......, are cheap to operate but very expensive to produce.