Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7 Saving Energy Số 2
BÀI TẬP TRẮC NGHIỆM TIẾNG ANH LỚP 9 UNIT 7 SAVING ENERGY
Nhằm hỗ trợ tối đa việc giảng dạy của quý thầy cô giáo, việc học tập của các em học sinh, chúng tôi đã sưu tầm và tổng hợp các tài liệu thành bộ sưu tập Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 7 Saving Energy Số 2. Gồm các bài tập tiếng Anh dùng bổ trợ cho Unit 7 tiếng Anh lớp 9.
II. Choose the words that has a different stress pattern from the others.
11. A. innovation B. ultimately C. regularly D. comfortable
12. A. yourself B. English C. shopping D. speeches
13. A. birthday B. parents C. pleasant D. begin
14. A. unlikely B. writer C. attack D. suggest
15. A. impression B. remember C. character D. attention
III. Choose the best answer to complete these following sentences.
1. You can't have both of these products. Take one __________ the other.
A. and B. with C. but D. or
2. Ba really wants to buy new tables and chairs. ___________, new furniture costs too much.
A. However B. But C. Therefore D. So
3. If the TV is always on in your house, you will not reduce the ________ of electricity you use.
A. number B. amount C. much D. plenty
4. "I suggest fixing the dripping faucet." "__________"
A. We will. B. Good idea! C. Yes, please. D. I'm afraid not.
5. Lan spoke English _________ after she lived in England for several months.
A. nature B. natural C. naturally D. unnaturally
6. There's nothing good on TV. Why don't you turn it _________?
A. on B. down C. off D. up
7. I'm trying to cut down ____________ the amount of driving I do to save energy.
A. off B. to C. out of D. on
8. They wrote _______________ the addresses so that they could get in touch.
A. down B. out C. in D. on
9. They climbed onto the wall and they couldn't get _______________.
A. down B. on C. in D. over
10. _______________he has been absent frequently; he has managed to pass the test.
A. Because B. Because of C. But D. Though
11. Mary will take a plane _______________ she dislikes flying.
A. even though B. because C. and D. in spite of
12. She drank it to keep herself warm _______________ she dislikes coffee.
A. although B. because C. because of D. despite
13. The children like to put _______________ nice clothes when they go out.
A. in B. off C. into D. on
14. Before you go to bed, please turn _______________ all the lights.
A. off B. on C. in D. over
15. Please turn _______________ the gas, I want to cook my lunch.
A. over B. back C. on D. in
16. I like bananas, _______________ my brother doesn't.
A. because B. but C. and D. even though
17. I shall go _______________ you stay here.
A. and B. because C. however D. although
18. Jane will be admitted to the university _______________ she has bad grades.
A. because B. even though C. because of D. but
19. _______________ his physical handicap, he has become a successful businessman.
A. Although B. Despite C. Because of D. Because
20. She was absent _______________ her cold was worse.
A. because B. or C. because of D. so
21. The examination was long _______________ difficult.
A. or B. and C. but D. however
22. John was ill, _______________ he went to bed early.
A. but B. so C. because of D. however
23. I'd love to play the table tennis _______________ I have to complete an assignment.
A. and B. so C. but D. or
24. He likes to travel, _______________ so does she.
A. and B. or C. but D. therefore
35. The new models are expensive, _______________ efficient.
A. however B. therefore C. and D. but
26. He failed his examination. _______________; she will have to do the examination again.
A. However B. But C. Therefore D. Because
27. Students have to carry __________ their duties.
A. out B. in C. for D. over
28. He ate the chocolate cake _________ he is on a diet.
A. in spite of B. because C. despite D. even though
29. She attended the class __________ she didn't feel alert.
A. because B. although C. so D. and
30. Classes will be canceled tomorrow _________ it is a national holiday.
A. therefore B. because C. but D. because of
31. _________ her mother's sickness, she couldn't attend our wedding.
A. As of B. Because of C. Because D. Since
32. It can be black, white __________ gray.
A. or B. however C. but D. so
33. Is it a boy _________ a girl?
A. and B. but C. or D. therefore
34. Internet is a very fast __________ convenient way for us to get information.
A. and B. therefore C. or D. but
35. He is going to collect all the bags _________ take them to the garbage dump.
A. or B. and C. however D. but
36. He likes her a lot. _________; he wouldn't keep calling her.
A. and B. however C. or D. so
37. Yesterday, he gave __________ his evening job.
A. on B. in C. up D. for
38. It was still painful, __________ I went to see a doctor.
A. but B. so C. or D. however
39. In Western countries, electricity, gas, __________ water are not luxuries but necessarities.
A. and B. or C. but D. therefore
44. The examination tested both listening __________ reading.
A. or B. and C. but D. however
41. It is raining, ________ I can't go to the beach.
A. so B. but C. or D. and
42. If you _________ complaining, I'll leave immediately.
A. go off B. go for C. go on D. go over
43. Go _________ until you get to the junction and turn left.
A. out B. on C. back D. ahead
44. He took _________ my wet boots and made me sit by the fire.
A. on B. after C. over D. off
45. May I borrow your dictionary? I want to _________ this word.
A. take up B. go up C. look up D. come up
46. Lan suggested ________to the zoo at weekend.
A.to go B. going C. went D. to go
47. Shall we clean up the kitchen, Mum? ________
A. Yes, we do B. O.K C. No, we don't. D. Yes, let's
48. It 's so hot. Why don't we go swimming? ________
A. Yes, we do B. No, we don't C. That's a good idea. D. Yes, thanks
49. Let's go somewhere for a drink________
A. All right B. Yes, we do C. No, we don't. D. No, thanks
50. This movie is not interesting. How about ________ to the concert.
A. to go B. going C. go D. went
VIII. Choose the best option to fill each of the blanks to make a meaningful passage:
Most people think of computers as very modern inventions, products of our new technological age. But actually the idea for a computer was (1) _______ out over two centuries ago by a man (2) _______ Charles Babbage.
Babbage was born in 1791 and (3) _______ up to be a brilliant mathematician. He drew up plans for several calculating machines (4) _______ he called "engines". But despite the fact that he (5) _______ building some of these he never finished any of them. Over the years people have argued (6) _______ his machines would ever work. Recently, however, the Science Museum in London has finished building (7) _______ engine (8) _______ on one of Babbage's designs.
It has taken six years to complete and more (9) _______ four thousand parts have been specially made. Whether it works or not, the machine will be on show at a special exhibition in the Science Museum to (10) _______ people of Babbage's work.
1. A. turned B. thought C. invented D. worked
2. A. known B. recognized C. called D. written
3. A. developed B. grew C. brought D. expected
4. A. which B. who C. there D. whose
5. A. wanted B. made C. started D. missed
6. A. until B. whether C. while D. though
7. A. an B. the C. some D. that
8. A. depended B. based C. insisted D. influenced
9. A. than B. therefore C. when D. then
10. A. remind B. say C. inform D. encourage
VIIII: Complete each of the following sentences in such a way that means the same as the first one
1. If people (continue) ___________ to throw trash onto the water, it (not be) ____________resh enough to use.
2. If the weather (be) _______________ fine, we (go) ______________ on our picnic.
3. You (not finish) ________________ your work if you (be) ________________ lazy.
4. If people (use)__________ public transport, there (be) ___________ less pollution.
5. If it (be)_____________ raining this evening, I (not go)_____________.