Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 The Environment
Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh Unit 6 lớp 9 có đáp án gồm nhiều dạng bài tập trắc nghiệm tiếng Anh lớp 9 hệ 7 năm thường gặp như: Tìm từ có trọng âm khác; Tìm từ có cách phát âm khác; Tìm câu trả lời đúng; Nối; Điền từ thích hợp hoàn thành câu; ... giúp các em học sinh lớp 9 cải thiện kỹ năng làm bài thi hiệu quả cũng như củng cố kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm Unit 6: The Environment chương trình cũ hiệu quả.
Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 The Environment
Với mong muốn giúp học sinh học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình cũ, VnDoc.com đã đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 theo từng Unit hiệu quả. Bài tập Tiếng Anh Unit 6 The Environment có đáp án dưới đây được biên tập bám sát chương trình học tại Nhà trường giúp học sinh lớp 9 củng cố kiến thức đã học hiệu quả.
I. From each number, pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
|1. A. happy||B. hour||C. high||D. hotel|
|2. A. so||B. coat||C. note||D. bottom|
|3. A. put||B. luck||C. lung||D. drunk|
|4. A. bare||B. car||C. card||D. farm|
|5. A. come||B. love||C. women||D. some|
|6. A. many||B. make||C. fate||D. pain|
|7. A. heat||B. sweat||C. threat||D. thread|
|8. A. climb||B. dictionary||C. economic||D. six|
|9. A. beg||B. age||C. gather||D. guess|
|10. A. children||B. choose||C. child||D. mechanic|
Key: 1. B; 2. D; 3. A; 4. A; 5. C; 6. A; 7. C; 8. A; 9. B; 10. D;
II. From each number, pick out one word which has the stress on the first syllable.
|1. A. garbage||B. junkyard||C. protect||D. treasure|
|2. A. collected||B. published||C. protected||D. provided|
|3. A. recycle||B. refreshment||C. creatures||D. reuse|
|4. A. limitation||B. intermediate||C. desforestation||D. disappointed|
|5. A. garbage||B. problem||C. solution||D. sewage|
Key: 1. C; 2. B; 3. C; 4. C; 5. C;
III. Choose the word or the phrase or sentence that best completes each unfinished sentence below or that best keeps the meaning of the original sentence if it is substituted for the underlined word or phrase.
1. _________ air is one of the many problems we have to solve.
2. I’ll be in trouble if I _________my passport.
B. will lose
D. would lose
3. We can eat at home or, ________ you prefer, we can go to a restaurant.
4. If it is raining this evening, I_________.
A. will go out
B. don’t go out
C. go out
D. won’t go out
5. Minh’s English is excellent. He speaks________.
A. perfectly English
B. English perfectly
C. perfect English
D. English perfect
6. I’m disappointed _________ people have spoiled this area.
7. He ________ to find a job but he had no luck.
A. hardly tried
B. hard tried
C. tried hardly
D. tried hard
8. We couldn’t go on a picnic as planned __________ it was raining.
9. If he ________ hard today, can he have a holiday tomorrow?
B. will work
D. would work
10. ________we were tired, we sat down beside the stream.
A. Because of
11. He _________to find a job, but he had no luck.
A. tried hard
B. hardly tried
C. tried hardly
D. try hardly
12. Solar energy doesn’t cause __________.
13. Are you lookingh forward ___________ my letter?
A. to see
B. to seeing
14. "___________” means a piece of land full of rubbish.
15. Dynamite _________ many years ago.
A. has invented
C. was invented
D. were invented
16. Mary said to me "can you speak English?”
In reported speech the sentence will be:
She asked me _________
A. if I can speak English
B. if I could speak English.
C. If can I speak English
D. If I could speak English?
17. I live very far from school. I wish________
A. I lived far from school.
B. I lived close to school.
C. I live near the school now.
D. I don’t live very far from school
18. If he __________ hard today, can he have a holiday tomorrow?
B. will work
D. would worked
19. Because there _________ no buses, we had to take a taxi.
20. We plan to ________ this Saturday.
A. go hiked
B. go hiking
C. go to hike
D. go hike
21. I’ll have to buy a map _________ I don’t know this area.
D. because of
22. It is recommended that he __________ this course.
23. He’s running so fast. I __________ catch up with him.
A. cannot hardly
B. can hardly
C. not hardly
D. could hardly
24. It is important that he _________ take the final examination.
A. has to
B. have to
C. had to
D. having to
25. I will be __________if she manages to sell that motorbike at a high price.
C. surprising .
D. to surprise
26. Unless you understand. I __________ explain it again to you
27. If you know where she lives, please let me__________
D. to know'
28. If he ______ a student, he will get a discount.
D. will be
29. ______ you are interested in this film, don't go to see it at any cost.
30. If you like that book. l will give it______you as my present.
31. If you are busy, we ________ this by ourselves.
A. will do
C. would do
32. How about ______ dinner with us on Sunday?
A. to have
C. have had
33. My brother is very fond of ______ to pop and rock music.
B. to listen
34. Life today is very different ______ life 50 years ago.
35. My uncle is a ______. He often does research in his laboratory.
36. My father arrives in Singapore ______Monday evening.
37. John goes to his office every day except Sunday. ______ Sundays he stays at home.
38. I hope the weather will be nice ______ the weekend.
39. Would you like ______ to a party on Saturday?
C. to come
D. will come
40. Helen is always in the kitchen. She enjoys ______.
B. to cook
41. People wanted to see the opening of the ceremony, _____they started leaving very early in the morning
42. Vietnamese women prefer to wear modern clothing ______ work.
43. He ______ with friends in an apartment in HCMC since last week.
B. has lived
44. My mother said she ______ busy then
C. is being
45. My village lies near the ______ of the mountain and by the river.
46. If you don’t study hard , you ______ the exam.
B. will fail
D. have failed
47. It is Saturday , ______?
A. is it
B. it isn’t
C. isn’t it
D. wasn’t it
48. She said that she ______ learning English with you.
D. to like
49. They ______ their home village last Sunday.
C. was visiting
D. were visiting
50. He was born ______ March 25 , 1992.
Key: 1. A; 2. A; 3. C; 4. D; 5. B; 6. A; 7. B; 8. C; 9. A; 10. C;
11. A; 12. A; 13. B; 14. A; 15. C; 16. B; 17. B; 18. A; 19. C; 20. B;
21. B; 22. B; 23. B; 24. A; 25. A; 26. C; 27. A; 28. C; 29. A; 30. A;
31. A; 32. D; 33. C; 34. B; 35. B; 36. D; 37. A; 38. C; 39. C; 40. D;
41. B; 42. A; 43. B; 44. A; 45. B; 46. B; 47. C; 48. B; 49. B; 50. B;
IV. Match a line in column A with a line in column B to make a meaningful
1. If people use public transport,
a. I can’t sleep.
2. You’ll learn English more easily
b. will you give her flowers?
3. If they don’t give him the job,
c. if he does exercise regularly.
4. If I drink coffee at night,
d. I don’t know what he will do.
5. You will speak English well
e. there will be less pollution
6. If you see her
f. if someone enters the building.
7. The alarm goes off
g. if you have more practice.
8. Henry may lose weight
h. if you study a little every day.
1. ____; 2. ____; 3. ____; 4. ____; 5. ____; 6. ____; 7. ____; 8. ____.
Key: 1. e; 2. h; 3. d; 4. a; 5. g; 6. b; 7. f; 8. c;
V. Complete the sentences with because/ as/ since/ if/ when, or so.
1. We decided to go out to eat _______ we had no food at home.
2. He has a very important job _______ he is particularly well-paid.
3. Can I borrow that book _______ you’ve finished it?
4. No one was watching the television _______ I switched it off.
5. _______ she changed a lot, we didn’t recognize her.
6. _______ you’ve ready, we can start now.
7. I’m going away for a few days, I’ll phone you _______ I get back.
8. You should inform the police _______ your bicycle is stolen.
9. Mathew went to bed _______ it was too late to go out.
10. _______ you drive without driving license, you’re breaking the law.
11. ________the weather was bad, they delayed their trip.
12. He will buy a new car _______ he saves up.
13. I can’t drive fast _______ the street is very crowded.
Key: 1. because; 2. so; 3. if; 4. so; 5. As/ since; 6. if;
7. when; 8. when/ if; 9. because/ as; 10. when 11. because/ since/ as; 12. because/ since
VI. Fill in the blanks with proper words, then answer the following questions.
scientists/ pollution/ serious/ factories
exhaust/ reduce/ require/ percentage
Everyone wants to reduce (1) _______. But the pollution problem is as complicated as it is (2) _______. It is complicated because much pollution is caused by things that benefit people. For example, (3) _______ from automobile caused large (4) _______ of air pollution. But the automobile provides transportation to millions of people. (5) _______ discharge much of the material that pollutes air and water, but factories give employment to a large number of people.
Thus, to end or greatly (6) _______ pollutions immediately, people would have to stop using many things that benefit them. Most people do not want to do that, of course. But pollution can be gradually reduces in several ways, (7) _______ and engineers can work to find ways t lessen the amount of pollution that such things as automobiles and factories cause. Government can pass and enforce laws that (8) _______ businesses and individuals to stop, or cut down on certain polluting activities.
Key: 1. pollution; 2. serious; 3. exhaust;. 4. percentage; 5. factories; 6. reduce; 7. scientists; 8. require;
Trên đây là toàn bộ nội dung của Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 The Environment. VnDoc.com cũng đăng tải rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 9 Unit 6 khác như: Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6: The Environment, Giải sách bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6: The Environment, Bài tập tự luận Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 The Environment...
Song song với chương trình Tiếng Anh lớp 9 cũ, VnDoc.com đã cập nhật rất nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 chương trình mới Unit 6: Viet Nam Then And Now hiệu quả như: Từ vựng Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 Viet Nam Then And Now, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 Viet Nam: Then And Now, Kiểm tra 15 phút Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6 Viet Nam Then And Now,... Mời Thầy cô, Quý phụ huynh và các em học sinh tham khảo, download phục vụ việc học tập, giảng dạy.