Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5 The Media
Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5 The Media
Bộ sưu tập Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5 The Media sẽ mang đến cho quý thầy cô giáo và các em học sinh các tài liệu hay, chất lượng phục vụ việc dạy và học môn Tiếng Anh. Gồm các bài tập trắc nghiệm trong Unit 5 sẽ giúp các em học sinh biết cách làm các bài tập trong chương trình Tiếng Anh 9. Bộ sưu tập này cũng giúp quý thầy cô giáo có thêm tài liệu phục vụ công tác giảng dạy. Mời quý thầy cô và các em học sinh tham khảo.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. internet b. invent c. media d. spend
2. a. remote b. local c. popular d. program
3. a. watch b. channel c. chat d. Christmas
4. a. deny b. pity c. century d. documentary
5. a. surf b. hamburger c. purpose d. communicate
II. Choose the word that has main stress placed differently from the others.
6. a. invent b. interact c. develop d. control
7. a. violent b. popular c. convenient d. favorite
8. a. benefit b. commerce c. available d. explore
9. a. article b. personal c. access d. wander
10. a. relative b. opinion c. invention d. publish
III. Tag question.
11. Tom won't be late, ______________?
12. I'm too impatient, _______________?
13. Let's go out for a drink, _______________?
14. Don't turn on the TV until 8, _______________?
15. You went to an internet service last night, _______________?
16. Hoa like reading detective movie, _______________?
17. These cakes look good, _______________?
18. Graham Bell invented the telephone, _______________?
19. Phong and Kien were talking when you came, _______________?
20. Don't leave the house before I come back, _______________?
21. Britney Spear is the most famous singer this year, _______________?
22. I'm late for the appointment, _______________?
23. Shakespeare's plays have been performed everywhere, _______________?
24. We should call Rita, _______________?
25. There are many bad things of the Net, _______________?
26. You must do this exercise, _______________?
27. The students stopped talking when the teacher entered the classroom, __________?
28. A new manager won't come here tomorrow, _______________?
29. Your children watch TV a lot, _______________?
30. You often chat in your free time, _______________?
11. Tom won’t be late, ______will he________?
12. I’m too impatient, ______aren’t I_________?
13. Let’s go out for a drink, ________don’t you_______?
14. Don’t turn on the TV until 8, _______do they________?
15. You went to an internet service last night, _______didn’t you________?
16. Hoa like reading detective movie, ______doesn’t she_________?
17. These cakes look good, ______don’t they_________?
18. Graham Bell invented the telephone, ______didn’t he_________?
19. Phong and Kien were talking when you came, _____weren’t they__________?
20. Don’t leave the house before I come back, ______do you_________?
21. Britney Spear is the most famous singer this year, ______isn’t she_________?
22. I’m late for the appointment, ________aren’t I_______?
23. Shakespeare’s plays have been performed everywhere, ________haven’t they_______?
24. We should call Rita, _____shouldn’t we__________?
25. There are many bad things of the Net, _______aren’t there________?
26. You must do this exercise, _______mustn’t you________?
27. The students stopped talking when the teacher entered the classroom, _____didn’t they_____?
28. A new manager won’t come here tomorrow, _____will he/ she__________?
29. Your children watch TV a lot, __________don’t they_____?
30. You often chat in your free time, ________don’t you_______?
IV. Choose the answer for each of the following sentences:
31. Surfing the Net is time-__________.
a. consume b. consuming c. consumed d. consumer
32. Let's go swimming this afternoon, ___________?
a. shall we b. will we c. let we d. let not we
33. Thanks _____ television people can get the lastest information.
a. for b. to c. of d. about
34. Remote controls _______ interact with TV.
a. used to b. use to c. are used to d. uses to
35. How much time do you spend ________ the web each day?
a. surfing b. surf c. to surf d. surfs
36. I'm late for the meeting, _________?
a. am I b. am not I c. are I d. aren't I
37. What benefits does TV bring about to people's life?
a. information b. advantages c. programs d. events
38. You had a computer yesterday, ____________?
a. had not you b. had you c. did you d. didn't you
39. The Internet is a very fast and _______ way for me to get information.
a. convenient b. terrible c. inconvenient d. quickly
40. That is a true story, ________?
a. isn't that b. is that c. isn't it d. is it
V. There is a mistake in the four underlined parts of each sentence. Find the mistakes (A, B, C, D)
41. The Tuoi Tre is a daily newspaper that is wide read by both teenagers and adults.
a. daily b. that c. wide d. both
42. I'm usually right about my answers, amn't I?
a. I'm b. right c. answers d. amn't I
43. Watch television more than 8 hours a day is very bad for your children.
a. watch b. more than c. 8 hours a day d. for
44. This is a difficult question for all students, isn't this?
a. difficult b. for c. all d. isn't this
45. I often avoid to go to the parties because they are very noisy.
a. avoid b. to go c. because d. noisy
Test for unit 5:
I. There is a mistake in the four underlined parts of each sentence. Find the mistakes (A,B,C,D)
1. Your brother likes watching documentaries, isn't he?
A B C D
2. I dislike to play soccer, it seems quite boring for me.
A B C D
3. Mrs. Lan never listens to music on the radio, doesn't she?
A B C D
4. Would you like reading the story a bit more loudly, Hoa?
A B C D
5. you didn't read the article about environment, have you?
A B C D
II. Choose the answer for each of the following sentences:
6. Thanks to the Internet people can get the........................information.
A. late B. later C. lately D. latest
7. The Kien Thuc Ngay nay is ................................read by both teenagers and adults.
A. wide B. widely C. width D. widen
8. Nowadays, we can watch a ...............of interesting programs on TV.
A. varies B. varied C. various D. variety
9. We can communicate with friends by ................. of e-mail.
A. means B. uses C. paths D. methods
10. Internet users sometimes have to ......................various viruses
A. pain B. ache C. suffer D. bore
11. I don't like watching sports because some of them are .......................
A. fighting B. violent C. exciting D. dead
12. We usually watch the news on TV because it's very..............
A. formal B. informal C. informative D. information
13. How much time do you spend........................the web a day, Nam :
A. skiing B. chasing C. clicking D. surfing
14. You hardly watch foreign films,................?
A. do you B. are you C. don't you D. aren't you
15. Do you mind ..................me a newspaper on the way home?
A. buy B. buying C. to buy D. bought
16. Linh's sister.................as a presenter in the local television station, doesn't she?
A. works B. worked C. is working D. has worked
17. Do you find the Internet........................., Quang?
A. used B. using C. useful D. usefully
18. Mr. Trung...............to buy a color TV, doesn't he?
A. loves B. enjoys C. wants D. dislikes
19. You haven't used a computer before,................?
A. do you B. did you C. are you D. have you
20. Our teacher of English likes .......................jokes
A. telling B. talking C. speaking D. saying
III. Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each blank.
Most American television programs (21)...........................produced in Hollywood. Each year, proposals (22)........................new television serials are submitted to network executives for consideration. Only (23)........................... are accepted-often those linked to a highly (24).......................performer or producer.
The (25)........................phase is the writing of scripts. (26)................scripts are reviewed by the networks and a small (27)................. is selected to be developed into pilot programs. (28)......................the program executives like a pilot program (29)..................it gets good rating in a trial telecast, the pilot eventually (30).............produced as a regularly scheduled program.
21. A. is B. are C. were D. has been
22. A. for B. to C. with D. into
23. A. little B. a little C. few D. a few
24. A. success B. succeed C. successful D. successfully
25. A. follow B. next C. continue D. below
26. A. This B. These C. That D. There
27. A. size B. deal C. number D. figure
28. A. When B. While C. If D. Unless
29. A. as B. and C. But D. or
30. A. gets B. be C. makes D. has
IV. Choose one option that best completes the second sentence:
31. You forgot to buy me a magazine, didn't you?
A. forget to buy me a magazine, did you? B. remember to buy me a magazine, didn't you?
C. remember to buy me a magazine, didn't you? D. forget to buy me a magazine, didn't you?
32. Do you hate watchign violents movies?
A. like watching violent movies, do you? B. hate watching violent movies, do you?
C. dislike watching violent movies, don't you? D. enjoy watching violent movies, don't you?
33. Baird produced the first TV picture in 1926, didn't he?
The first TV picture .........................
A. produced in 1926,isn't it? B. has produced in 1926, hasn't it?
C. was produced in 1926, wasn't it? D. was producing in 1926, wasn't it?
34. I'd rather watch TV than read newspapers.
A. watch TV to read newspapers B. to watch TV than to read newspapers
C. watching TV than read newspapers D. watching TV to reading newspapers.
35. It took me 3 hours to search photos of SEAGAMES 23rd on the net.
A. 3 hours to search photos of SEAGAMES 23rd on the net.
B. 3 hours searching photos of SEAGAMES 23rd on the net.
C. 3 hours to searching photos of SEAGAMES 23rd on the net.
D. 3 hours for searching photos of SEAGAMES 23rd on the net.
Read the passage and decide wether each of the following statements is true (T) of false (F)
They’re big. They’re strong. They’re tough. . They’re also the stars of one of the most popular programs on TV at the moment. They are the Gladiators. At 5:40 every Sunday evening, millions of viewers of all ages switch on. For the next hour they watch four brave contenders – two men and two women – take part in TV’s most grueling competitions.
In each program the contenders have to compete against the Gladiators in six different events. If they win, they score points. If they lose, they just get the bruises. The final event is the Eliminator. The Gladiators take a rest here, because the contenders compete against each other. They have to race obstacles, such as nets, ladders and robes. It’s a most grueling end to a grueling competition. But it’s great TV!
36. The Gladiators are small but very strong
37. Only young people like the program
38. The program is on at 5.40 every morning
39. All the contenders are men
40. If the contenders win in an event, they will get money.
41. The Gladiators don’t take part in the Eliminator
Trên đây VnDoc.com đã giới thiệu Bài tập trắc nghiệm Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 5 The Media. Mời các bạn tham khảo thêm các tài liệu học tập lớp 9 hay như Bài tập Word Form lớp 9 Unit 5, .... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.
Mời các bạn tham gia nhóm Tiếng Anh THCS để nhận thêm những tài liệu hay: Nhóm Tiếng Anh THCS