Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 huyện Phù Ninh, Phú Thọ năm 2015 - 2016
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 huyện Phù Ninh, Phú Thọ năm 2015 - 2016 có đáp án và file nghe đi kèm, giúp các bạn học sinh lớp 9 ôn tập và luyện thi học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh hiệu quả, mời các bạn tham khảo. Đề thi gồm 8 phần, kiểm tra các kỹ năng Nghe, Đọc, Ngữ pháp, Viết, mời các bạn tham khảo.
|PHÒNG GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO PHÙ NINH |
BÀI THI CHỌN HỌC SINH GIỎI
Môn: Tiếng Anh 9 – Năm học 2015 - 2016
(Thời gian làm bài: 120', không kể thời gian giao đề)
Đề thi có 06 trang
Họ và tên thí sinh:
Sinh ngày: ....../....../20.....
Học sinh trường THCS: ......................
Số báo danh
SECTION 1. LISTENING
I. Part 1: (10 points)
Listen and check your understanding by choosing TRUE or FALSE for each statement. You will hear the recording twice.
1. There are two customers eating together.
2. The two customers order the same starter.
3. Both customers order the Thai chicken for their main course.
4. The customers order soft drinks.
5. Both customers order a dessert.
II. Part 2: (10 points)
Complete the notes below. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORDS OR NUMBERS for each answer. You will hear the recording twice.
Questions: transport from Bayswater
Express train leaves at (1) …………………….
Nearest station is (2) …………………….
Number 706 bus goes to (3) …………………….
Number (4) ……………………. bus goes to station
Earlier bus leaves at (5) …………………….
SECTION 2. PHONETICS
III. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. Write your answers in the space provided. (10 points)
1. A. food B. school C. tool D. good
2. A. border B. torch C. morning D. forget
3. A. housed B. preserved C. crooked D. raised
4. A. species B. pollute C. accept D. receipt
5. A. mouths B. paths C. months D. wreaths
Write your answers (A, B, C or D) here:
IV. Choose the word whose stress pattern is different from the other three of the group. Write your answers in the space provided. (10 points)
1. A. tomorrow B. important C. mystery D. however
2. A. language B. advice C. summer D. region
3. A. fashion B. pattern C. symbol D. design
4. A. understand B. engineer C. Vietnamese D. adventure
5. A. laboratory B. electricity C. education D. mathematics
SECTION 3. LEXICO - GRAMMAR
V. Choose the correct answer to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answers in the space provided. (40 points)
1. The men and animals ________ were coming through the streets made a big cloud of dust.
A. who B. which C. that D. whom
2. My letter ________have come yesterday, but it didn't.
A. must B. should C. ought D. can
3. Phone me before eight; ________I'll be too busy to talk to you.
A. unless B. whether C. otherwise D. if
4. This wall is said ________ three hundred years ago.
A. to build B. to have been built
C. to have built D. to be built
5. Peter: "Thanks for your help, John."
John: "________ "
A. With all my heart B. Never remind me
C. It's my pleasure D. As you wish
6. The weather is very nice. Let's go for a walk, ______?
A. shall we B. will we C. do we D. have we
7. She often uses her goods as _______ as she can.
A. economic B. economically C. economical D. economicly
8. Let's wait for her here; I'm sure she will ________
A. turn off B. turn up C. turn down D. turn over
9. Thousands of people ________ near the Fukushima nuclear power plant have been ordered to evacuate.
A. living B. are living C. who living D. A and C are correct
10. It costs about fifty dollars to have a tooth ________.
A. filling B. to fill C. filled D. being filled
11. The roof was damaged and water ________ from the ceiling in wet weather.
A. spilled B. dripped C. drained D. dropped
12. ________little we may like it, old age comes to most of us.
A. In spite of B. So C. As D. However
13. Madrid is ________ bigger than Granada.
A. much B. bit C. lot D. many
14. You are ________ to clean the bathroom.
A. declared B. imagined C. supposed D. spoken
15. This school needs ________. It looks so old.
A. to repaint B. repainting C. repainted D. to be repainting
16. I had nothing to ________, so I decided to keep silent.
A. say B. tell C. talk D. speak
17. The captain as well as the passengers ________ frightened.
A. be B. was C. to be D. were
18. In order to buy his house, he had to obtain a large ________ from his bank
A. loan B. finance C. capital D. debt
19. Only because she had to support her family ________ to leave school.
A. that Alice decides B. did Alice decide
C. does Alice decide D. Alice decided
20. We have just built _____.
A. three public excellent tennis courts B. three excellent public tennis courts
C. three tennis courts excellent public D. three tennis public excellent courts
Đáp án đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
SECTION ONE. LISTENING
I. Part 1: (5X2 = 10 points)
1. True 2. False 3. True 4. True 5. False
II. Part 2: (5X2 = 10 points)
1. 9.30 (am) 2. Helendale
3. Central Street/St 4. (number/no) 792 5. 8.55 (am)
SECTION TWO. PHONETICS
III. Pronunciation: (5X2 = 10 points)
1. D 2. D 3. C 4. D 5. C
IV. Stress: (5X2 = 10 points)
1. C 2. B 3. D 4. D 5. A
SECTION THREE. LEXICO-GRAMMAR
V. Multiple choice: (20X2 = 40 points)
1. C 2. B 3. C 4. B 5. C
6. A 7. B 8. B 9. A 10. C
11. B 12. D 13. A 14. C 15. B
16. A 17. B 18. A 19. B 20. B
VI. Error identification: (5x2 = 10 points)
1. C 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. A
VII. Word form: (5x2 = 10 points)
1. ability 2. enlarged
3. industrious 4. modernized
VIII. Verb form: (5x2 = 10 points)
1. paying 2. had seen
3. was following 4. (should) be named
5. Having spent
SECTION FOUR. READING
IX. Exercise 1: (10x2 = 20 points)
1. A 2. C 3. A 4. D 5. A
6. C 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. B
X. Exercise 2: (5x2 = 10 points)
1. C 2. B 3. D 4. C 5. A
XI. Exercise 3: Gap-filling. (10x2 = 20 points)
1. study 2. improve/ enrich
3. plays 4. how
5. lots 6. educated
7. regard/ consider 8. of
9. graduate 10. never/ not
SECTION FIVE. WRITING
XII. Sentence transformation: (10x2 = 20 points)
1. I wish I had bought some tickets for the concert.
2. Do you mind putting the chairs away?
3. So far I have written five pages of the letter.
4. I haven't made a decision to continue my study in a foreign country.
(I haven't made up my mind to continue my study in a foreign country)
5. It was foolish of him to say that.
6. The car was too expensive for him to buy.
(The car was so expensive that he couldn't buy it)
7. Such was Fiona's disappointment that she could not keep on working.
8. He was made to wait for two hours.
9. It was not until he came into the house that I recognized him.
10. Had Lan not helped me / Had it not been for Lan's help, I wouldn't have been able to finish the project./ I couldn't have finished the project.
XIII. Sentence building: (10x2 = 20 points)
1. The last time I played football was in 2008.
2. The room is/ was not dirty, so they don't/ didn't need to clean it.
3. Unless you phone immediately, you won't get any information.
4. The policeman ordered the children not to play football in the street.
5. It is/ was wrong of you not to give her a chance to talk.
6. The only person (whom) I expect to see now is my son.
7. Women in the US are more independent than those/ women in other countries
8. Many foreigners are not accustomed to (the) cold weather in Vietnam.
9. I want to have my/ the/ this suit cleaned and ironed before the meeting.
10. The air we breathe is polluted with exhaust fumes from cars in the cities.