Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 tỉnh An Giang năm 2015
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 có đáp án
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 tỉnh An Giang năm 2015 là tài liệu ôn thi học sinh giỏi dành cho các em học sinh ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng làm bài và tham khảo đáp án nhé!
PART A: LISTENING COMPREHENSION (3/18 POINTS)
HƯỚNG DẪN PHẦN THI LISTENING
Bài nghe gồm 2 phần, mỗi phần được nghe 2 lần, mỗi lần cách nhau 20 giây, mỗi phần cách nhau 30 giây.
I. Listen to people talking about prices in the U.S and prices in their country. Check (v) the correct answer. (1.0 point)
|Cheaper in the their country||Cheaper in the U.S|
|4. air travel|
II. These people are talking about their work. Listen and match the people on the left with the information on the right. (2.0 points)
1. Ted A. just graduated from college.
2. Sonia B. works in a bank.
3. Bob C. works in a restaurant.
4. Marie D. is a receptionist.
5. Suzanne E. is a lawyer.
PART B: PHONETICS (1/18 POINTS)
I. Choose the word that has the underlined parts pronounced differently from the others (0.5 point)
1. A. equal B. fashion C. champagne D. match
2. A. economy B. occasion C. freedom D. logical
3. A. invite B. river C. shrine D. primary
4. A. encourage B. proud C. enough D. young
5. A. invited B. arrived C. mentioned D. loved
II. Choose the word that has a different stress pattern from the others (0.5 point)
1. A. practical B. designer C. minority D. occasion
2. A. consist B. fashion C. design D. collect
3. A. enjoyment B. pagoda C. collection D. business
4. A. economical B. federation C. itinerary D. complication
5. A. advertise B. deposit C. candidate D. institute
PART C: LEXICAL AND GRAMMAR (5/18 POINTS)
I. Choose the best word or phrase to complete each of the following sentences. Write A, B, C or D on your answer sheet. (1.0 point)
1. The goalkeeper's arm was so________injured that he couldn't play in the final.
A. deeply B. badly C. heavily D. hardly
2. " How much do you earn a month, Jean ?" -" I'd_________"
A. rather don't say B. better not to say C. rather not say D. prefer not say
3. ______________I love you, I never let you do these bad things .
A. Whether B. Whatever C. However D. Much as
4. As an adult, I'm independent_____________my parents financially.
A. on B. out C. with D. of
5. Many elderly people have to live on the money they__________when they were working .
A. laid up B. put back C. set up D. put aside
6. The U.S. is made up of 51 states, ___________has its own government..
A. each of them B. each of C. each of which D. each them
7. Everyone hopes to pass the next final exam,___________?
A.doesn't he B. hasn't he C. haven't they D. don't they
8. –" I'm afraid I can't come with you." –" ___________".
A. What pity B. Patience C. What a shame! D. That's shame!
9. No one in our family likes housescleaning, but we all take___________at it .
A. a chance B. a turn C. an interest D. responsibility
10. It's too late now that the holiday's over, but I wish we __________somewhere else.
A. went B. have gone C. were going D. had gone
II. Supply the appropriate form of the words in CAPITAL to complete each sentence. Write them on your answer sheet. (2.0 points)
1. The poem shows the wonderful__________of the poet. (SENSITIVE)
2. It is becoming_________difficult to find a job nowadays. (INCREASE)
3. The house is large, but it is terribly__________to live in. (COMFORT)
4. John went to bed early because he had had a ___________day. (TIRE)
5. The vase got broken________. (ACCIDENT)
6. In_____, I'd like to thank the people who have helped while I have been working here. (CONCLUDE)
7. The professor explained his idea with great________. (CLEAR)
8. You must realize that such ___________cannot be tolerated. (OBEY)
9. United Nations organizations __________people in developing countries to improve their education programmes and industry. (ABLE)
10. As a result of _________washing , the jeans had shrunk to a child's size (CARE)
III. Supply the correct form of verbs in the blankets. (2.0 points)
1. Hello, Peter! I (not see ) ________you for a long time. How are you doing?
2. You (stop) ______by a policeman if you try to cross the road now.
3. She wishes she ( not give )______ them her phone number last week.
4. I'm sorry for (not write) ________to you lately but my house (break)______ into a few weeks ago and I have been feeling rather upset since then.
5. He kept ( talk )____ about you last night.
6. Look! A man (run) _____ after the rain.
7. My friends (sing)_______when we came in the room.
8. This exercise (look)______ difficult. You (do) ________one like this before?
PART D. READING COMPREHENSION (4/18 POINTS)
I. Read the text and fill in each gap with ONE suitable word. (2.0 points)
The Old Clock
John lived (1) ________ his mother in a very big house, and when she died, the house became (2) ________ big for him, (3) ________ he bought a smaller one in the next street. There was a very nice old clock in his first house, and when the men came to take his furniture (4) ________ the new house, John thought, "I'm not going to let them (5) ________ my beautiful old clock in their truck. Perhaps they'll break it, and then repairing it will (6) ________ expensive." So he picked it up and began to carry it down the road in his arms.
It was heavy, so he stopped two or three times to have a (7) ______. Then suddenly a small boy came along the road. He stopped and looked (8) ______ John for a few seconds. Then he said to John, "You're a foolish man, (9) _____ you? Why don't you (10) _____ a watch like everybody else?"