Đề thi giữa học kì 1 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 - 2020
Đề thi giữa học kì 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 12
Đề thi môn tiếng Anh lớp 12 giữa kì 1 dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề thi giữa học kì 1 lớp 12 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh được biên tập bám sát chương trình học tiếng Anh 12 mới giúp các em học sinh củng cố kiến thức Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh hiệu quả.
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation
1. A. swimming B. throwing C. water D. switch
2. A. interfered B. allowed C. visited D. played
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
3. A. internation B. federation C. communicate D. dedication
4. A. perform B. invent C. attempt D. nature
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s)
5. The number of Vietnamese sport officials and referees of international standard taking part in regional tournaments has increased rapidly.
6. The 1923 earthquake in Japan killed about 200,000 people and left countless wounded and homeless.
Mark the letter A. B, C, or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s)
7. Sports and festivals form an integral part of every human society.
8. They had to delay their trip because of the bad weather.
A. get through
C. keep up with
D. go over
Mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
9. There is (A) very little documentations (B) about the (C) origins of water polo (D)
10. The (A) Red Cross Society of China is a very (B) strong organization with extensively (C) experience responding to (D) disasters.
Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
After the London Olympics in 2012, Phelps announced he was retiring from his sport. (11)……., at the 2016 Olympic Games, he came out of retirement and returned to professional competition. This was also the event (12)……. he won one silver and five gold medals, becoming the oldest individual gold medalist (13)…… Olympic swimming history, as well as the first swimmer (14)……four consecutive golds in the same event, the 200-meter individual medley.
11. A. However B. but C. so D. therefore
12. A. who B. which C. whom D. whose
12. A. at B. on C. in D. with
14. A. winning B. won C. be won D. to win
Mark the letter A. 8, C. or D to indicate the correct response to each of the following exchanges
15. “Hi, Chris. Good day at work?” “ ____”
A. Yeah, not bad, thanks.
B. I'm fine, thanks.
C. No, thanks.
D. I'm terribly sorry.
16. “Could you pick me up before 4 p.m?” “ ____ I'll be still working then."
A. I hope so.
B. Yes, I could.
C. I'm afraid I can't.
D. Yes, of course.
17. I find it very challenging. It requires a lot of concentration and determination.
A. I find it very challenging, so it requires a lot of concentration and determination.
B. I find it very challenging, yet it requires a lot of concentration and determination.
C. I find it very challenging, for it requires a lot of concentration and determination
D. I find it very challenging, though it requires a lot of concentration and determination.
18. The more polluted the environment, the less safe it becomes for the animals.
A. If the environment is more polluted, it becomes better for the animals.
B. Animals find the more polluted environment safer.
C. Animals become less safe with a more polluted environment.
D. Animals become safer with a more polluted environment.
19. It was the first time she had ever seen such a moving documentary,
A. She had never seen a moving documentary before.
B. She had seen such a moving documentary for a long time.
C. She had never seen a more moving documentary than this before.
D. The first time she saw such a moving documentary was a long time ago
20. People are not allowed to approach animals in safari parks.
A. People are prohibited from approaching animals in safari parks.
B. People are advised not to approach animals in safari parks.
C. Safari parks don't prohibit people from approaching animals.
D. Safari parks allow people to approach animals.
21. We paid for the meal. We wanted to say sorry for what we had done.
A. In order to pay for the meal, we wanted to say sorry for what we had done.
B. We paid for the meal in order to say sorry for what we had done.
C. We paid for the meal although we wanted to say sorry for what we had done.
D. The meal we paid for is what we want to say sorry for what we had done.
22. The main uses of books are to provide entertainment and ________.
23. In beach volleyball, Indonesia defeated Thailand in straight sets to take men's gold _______.
24. The organization was …… in 1950 in the USA.
A. come around
B. set up
C. made out
D. put on
25. The delegation to the SEA Games was composed ____ top competitors of the country.
26. Where can people play ____ water polo?
27. _____ he drank, ____ he became.
A. More / more violent
B. The most / the most violent
C. The more / the more violent
D. The less / less violent
28. The Sears Tower is ___ building in Chicago.
B. the more tall
C. the tallest
D. taller and taller
29. My job gets ____ every year.
A. harder and harder
B. harder and more harder
C. more harder and harder
D. more and more harder
30. The water supply of the building was ___ off because the pipes burst.
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the questions.
It has long been seen as a less romantic way of meeting Mr Right. But finding love over the Internet is a good way of meeting a marriage partner, research has showed. It found that one in five of those who have used dating sites to find their perfect partner have gone on to marry someone they met over the web. The study, by consumer group Which?, also revealed that more than half of the 1,504 people questioned had been on a date with someone they met in cyberspace. Sixty-two per cent agreed that it was easier to meet someone on a dating site than in other ways, such as in a pub or club, or through friends. At the same time, the under-35s were more likely to know someone who had been on a date or had a long-term relationship with someone they met through online dating. The survey also found that Match.com and Dating Direct were the most popular dating websites.
Jess Ross, editor of which.co.uk, said: “Online dating is revolutionising the way people meet each other. Switching the computer on could be the first step to success.” According to industry surveys, more than 22 million people visited dating websites in 2007, and more than two million Britons are signed up to singles sites. Previous research has shown that couples who get to know each other via emails are more likely to see each other again after their first date. Two years ago, a study by Bath University revealed that those who met on dating websites were 94 per cent more likely to see each other after their first meeting than other couples. The researchers studied relationships formed on online dating website Match.com over a six-month period. They found that consummate love - described as a balance of passion, intimacy and commitment - was evident at around 12 months into a relationship. Of the 147 couples who took part in the study, 61 per cent said their relationships had high levels of these components. The researchers also found that men were more likely to find true love on the Internet than women. Some 67 per cent of men but just 57 per cent of women said they had experienced consummate love with an online partner.
Companionate love - a relationship with high levels of intimacy and commitment, but lower levels of passion - was the next most frequently experienced form of love, exhibited by 16 per cent of the study group. Dr Jeff Gavin, who led the team, said: “To date, there has been no systematic study of love in the context-of relationships formed via online dating sites. But with the popularity of online dating, it is imperative we understand the factors that influence satisfaction in relationships formed in this way.” Charlotte Harper, of Match.com, said: “We were thrilled to find so many of our former members have found love. It supports our belief that the Internet does in fact encourage old-fashioned courtship.”
31. According to the passage, online dating is seen as ____.
A. a modern romantic way of dating
B. an economical way of dating
C. the fastest way to find a soul mate
D. a great change in the way people meet
32. The words “systematic" in paragraph 5 is closest in meaning to ____.
33. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?
A. Consummate love has higher levels of passion than companionate love.
B. Less than 20 million people visited dating websites in 2007.
C. Many members of match.com have found love.
D. Men are more likely to find their ideal partner online than women.
34. Which of the following would serve as the best title for the passage?
A. Internet does in fact encourage old-fashioned courtship.
B. Online dating - a good way of meeting people.
C. Online dating is showed to help you find your perfect partner.
D. The revolution of online dating is alarming.
LISTEN and Fill in each blank with no more than 2 words
Customer: So, what are the differences between these four hotels?
Travel agent: Well, the main (35)……………..… is in the facilities they offer. The Hotel Sunshine is the only one which has a gym and it’s also got one of the top health spars in the areA. It’s next to a lake so you can do (36)……………… …. There. But if you really like sailing or watersiing, then the Highland Hotel would probably be the best place because it offers great (37)…………………..… programmes in these sports.
LISTEN and Decide which of the following statements is true (T) or false (F)
38. The customer is a sporty person
39. The Hotel Carminia is a brand new hotel without a cinema and multimedia centre.
40. The customer and his wife are going on holiday
Hiện tại VnDoc.com chưa cập nhật được đáp án của Đề kiểm tra giữa kì 1 lớp 12 môn tiếng Anh. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 12, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 12, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 12,... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.