Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2016 - 2017 Phòng GD-ĐT Yên Lạc, Vĩnh Phúc (Lần 1)
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh năm học 2016 - 2017 Phòng GD-ĐT Yên Lạc, Vĩnh Phúc (Lần 1) có kèm đáp án cụ thể. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức.
PHÒNG GD&ĐT YÊN LẠC
ĐỀ THI THỬ VÀO LỚP 10 THPT NĂM HỌC 2016-2017
LẦN 1 MÔN TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian 60 phút, không kể thời gian giao đề
I. PHẦN TRẮC NGHIỆM
Choose the word A, B, C or D whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others.
1. A. reply B. many C. candy D. lovely
2. A. stopped B. laughed C. watched D. stayed
3. A. reduce B. fence C. prevent D. receive
Choose the word A, B, C or D which is stressed differently from the others.
4. A. control B. taken C. depend D. collect
5. A. arrive B. water C. open D. happen
Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to choose the correct word or phrase to complete each sentence.
6. When he __________ here, Mark was always making mistakes.
A. works B. worked C. was working D. had worked
7. A great deal of tea __________ everyday in England.
A. drinks B. is drunk C. drink D. are drunk
8. It was _____________ a boring film that I left before the end.
A. so B. too C. very D. such
9. If we work hard, we will make this beach a clean and ___________ place again.
A. beauty B. beautifully C. beautiful D. beautician
10. The new teacher loves poems and __________ them by heart.
A. makes us to learn B. makes us learn C. make us to learn D. make us learn
11. You shouldn't stay at home so much. Go ___________ and make new friends.
A. out B. away C. on D. by
12. Unless he ________ hard, he ____________ the final exam.
A. studies/ won't pass B. studies/ will pass
C. doesn't study/ will pass D. doesn't study/ won't pass
13. Mathematics is a _______________ subject in school.
A. easy B. compulsory C. unimportant D. choice
14. I don't want much sugar in my coffee. Just _________, please?
A. a few B. little C. few D. a little
15. My father used ____________ heavily, but he doesn't smoke any longer.
A. to smoke B. to smoking C. smoke D. smoking
16. It is sunny today. Let's play tennis, _____________?
A. won't we B. shall we C. will we D. shan't we
17. Peter: "Would you like to drink more coffee?"
A. Yes, I like it B. Yes, I'd love to
C. Yes, I like you D. No, I don't like
18. I am always busy. I wish I _________ more time to look after my family.
A. am having B. have C. had D. was having
19. I look forward to ________ from you and _________ good response from your company.
A. hearing/ seeing B. hear/ seeing C. hearing/ see D. hear/ see
20. This school is only for children ________ first language is not English.
A. that B. who C. whose D. which
Find one mistake in each following sentence and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet.
21. She asked me where did I came from.
A B C D
22. The boy who broke the vase will be punish.
A B C D
23. Would you like a cup of coffee with tea?
A B C D
24. Although they are very rich, but they aren't happy.
A B C D
25. If we turn on destroying the forests, there will be big floods every year.
A B C D
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word for each of the blanks.
Most people think of computers as very modern inventions, products of our new technological age. But actually the idea for a computer had been worked out over two centuries ago by a man (26)_____ Charles Babbage. Babbage was born in 1791 and grew up to be a brilliant mathematician. He drew up plans for several calculating machines which he called "engines". But despite the fact that he (27)_____ building some of these, he never finished any of them. Over the years people have argued (28) _____ his machines would ever work. Recently, however, the Science Museum in London has finished building (29) _____ engine based on one of Babbage's designs. (30) _____ has taken six years to complete and more than four thousand parts have been specially made.
Whether it works or not, the machine will be on show at a special exhibition in the Science Museum to remind people of Babbage's work.
26. A. written B. called C. recognized D. known
27. A. wanted B. started C. made D. missed
28. A. until B. whether C. though D. why
29. A. that B. the C. some D. an
30. A. He B. They C. One D. It
Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer for each of the questions.
If you are invited to someone's house in America for dinner, you should bring a gift, such as a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates . If you give your host a wrapped gift, he or she may open it in front of you. Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered polite. It shows that the host is excited about receiving the gift and want to show his or her appreciation to you immediately. Even if the host doesn't like it, he or she will tell a "white lie" and say how much they like the gift to prevent the guest from feeling bad.
If your host asks you to arrive at a particular time , you should not arrive exactly on time or earlier than the expected time , because this is considered to be potentially inconvenient and therefore rude , as the host may not be ready.
31. Why shouldn't you arrive exactly on time if you are invited to a dinner at a particular time?
- Because ........................................
A. the host may not be ready. B. the host is not at home.
C. you are impolite. D. you go there by bus.
32. When should you arrive if you are asked a particular time?
A. earlier than the expected time B. exactly on time
C. later than the expected time D. very late
33. Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered ..........
A. polite B. impolite C. bad D. good
34. What will the host do if he or she doesn't like the present ?
A. tell a "white lie". B. say how much they dislike the present.
C. prevent the guest from being happy. D. All of them.
35. What should you bring if you are invited to someone's house in America for dinner?
A. flower B. gift C. wine D. fruit
B. PHẦN TỰ LUẬN
I. SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION
Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
1. It is very useful to speak English fluently.
=> Speaking English ___________________.
2. He hasn't smoked for three years.
=> He stopped _________________________.
3. My father has bought me a new computer.
=> A new computer _____________________.
4. "Who phoned you yesterday, Lan?" said he.
=> He asked Lan _______________________.
5. In spite of the bad weather, they had a picnic.
=> Although __________________________.
II. PARAGRAPH WRITING
Write a paragraph of 100-120 words about your best friend at school.