I. Choose (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences. (2pts)
1. Nowadays, robots _____________ to perform many dangerous jobs.
2. It’s very kind _______ you ________ say so!
3. We have a meeting _____ 7.30 a.m and 11a.m.
4. The national dress of Vietnamese women is __________.
5. Wearing ________ encourages students to be proud of their school.
6. If I want to get good marks, you ___________ study hard.
7. I’ve lost my money, _________ I go to the police station.
8. My father often gets up early and loves _______ some newspapers before going to work.
II. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others. (1pt)
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in standard English. (1pt)
If you want to lose weight, you should to do exercises regularly.
He can drove this kind of car.
Lan and Ba go to school by bus yesterday, didn’t they ?
She wishes she will be a teacher of English some day.
V. READING. Read. Then complete the following passage. (2pts)
Thailand, one of the countries of ASEAN, is divided ___1____ four natural regions: the North, Northeast, the Central Plain, and the South. Thailand enjoys a warm and ____2____ climate. Its basic unit of ____3______ is baht.
Bangkok is its ____4____. The country official ___5___ is Buddhism. In addition, there are other ones such as Islam, Christianity and Hinduism. The national ___6____ is Thai. Chinese and Malay _____7_____ also spoken in some areas, while local dialects are common in rural communities. English is ___8______ spoken in Bangkok and other major metropolitan areas.
VI. WRITING. Rewrite sentences. (3pts).
1. “Do you like the weather in spring?” She asked.
She asked me ____________________________.
2. I can’t go fishing with them next Sunday.
I wish _____________________________________.
3. People have used the Internet all over the world.
The Internet _______________________________.
4. “Can you speak English?” Mr Brown asked.
Mr. Brown asked me ____________________________________.