Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
4. A. separately B. solicitor C. spacious D. sequence
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs correction in each of the following questions.
Between all the photographs she showed me, there was only one of her husband.
The letters written by the man was translating into Vietnamese by my sister.
Some bacteria are extremely harmful, but others are regular used in producing foods.
Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
8. Garderners transplant bushes and flowers by moving them from one place to ____.
9. Dolphins and whales are mammals that ____ lives in water.
10. To bake fish, _____ butter and place it in a generously greased ____ rectangular pan.
11. The risks of developing cancer can ____ by not smoking and by drinking in moderation.
12. The mass of the sun is about 750 times ____ that of all the planets combined.
14. Those flowers are ____ everywhere is a sign of spring.
15. “All right, it's true I was nervous”. The leading actor ____ that he had been nervous.
A nuclear power plant emits less radiation than a granite structure of similar proportion, such as the Lincoln Memorial. “Emits” means ____.
17. The United State turns out 16.5 billion hot dog each year. “Turns out” means ____.
18. The International Red Cross helps people in need without any discrimination based on ____, race, religion, class or political opinions.
19. Don't use the milk I bought last month. It's ____ date now.
20. Jane: "Are you interested in scuba diving?" - Janet: “____”.
21. Cindy wanted to drive her best friend to have dinner at an Italian restaurant but
her car couldn't start. Therefore, she had to borrow one from Nancy. Choose the most
suitable response to fill in the blank in the following exchange. Cindy: "Would you mind lending me your car?" - Nancy: "____”.