Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. We will fly to Ha Noi ______ the third of June.
7. What do you think about the girls who are always proud__________ their beauty.
8. Kate’s been at my house ________ 8 o’clock this morning.
9. Jack is very good________ repairing things.
10. They’re going to replace the old wooden bridge________ one made of concrete.
11. I do not particularly like the climate here ____________ I believe it is very healthy.
12. She has worked as a secretary since she______from college.
13. I’m not accustomed______up so early.
14. Your English is improving. It’s getting___________ .
15. Wild animals are________almost everywhere.
16. Do your parents mind_________ home?
17. Who will take_______ of your children while you’re at work?
18. You can ask for help _____ you need it.
19. The next bus ______ at 7:15.
The flight was put offbecause of the bad weather.
21. When people talk about large rivers, the first __________ to my mind is the Mekong River.
22. There will be a meeting tomorrow, __________ ?
23. I wish I______ work tomorrow.
24. I was________ to find that the film was quite__________
25. ‘Thank you for your help, Judy.’ ‘__________ ’
Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.