Bộ đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (15)
Bộ đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (15)
Tải đề thi hay, luyện thi hằng ngày! Xin giới thiệu đến các bạn học sinh lớp 10 và quý thầy cô giáo bộ Đề thi vào lớp 10 năm 2017. Thông qua việc giải các đề thi này, các em học sinh sẽ dễ dàng từng bước tiếp cận với cấu trúc cho đề thi từ đó rút kinh nghiệm cho kĩ năng giải đề thi của mình. Chúc các em học sinh và quý thầy cô thành công.
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Điều kiện) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội (Lần 2)
PART ONE: PHONETICS – GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY (55 pts)
I. Questions 1-5: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others by circling A, B, C or D and write your answers into the box below. (5.0 pts)
1. A. drive B. drink C. sky D. ride
2. A. laughed B. decided C. started D. invented
3. A. crash B. handbag C. dangerous D. sandwich
4. A. born B. robber C. politic D. orange
5. A. hour B. honorable C. honest D. history
II. Questions 6-25: Circle the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences and write your answers into the box below. (20 pts)
6. All the boys are good at cooking, but ______ is as good as the girls.
A. either B. neither C. every D. none
7. Instead of ______ about the good news, Peter seemed to be indifferent.
A. exciting B. being excited C. to excite D. to be excited
8. She nearly lost her own life ______ attempting to save the child from drowning.
A. at B. with C. in D. for
9. She was happy ______ a few of her friends sent her birthday cards.
A. although B. because C. while D. so
10. Daisy wrote ______ report on the Vietnam war.
A. ten - page B. a ten - page C. ten pages D. ten - pages
11. He does not know how to ______ the central heating so the room is cold.
A. stop B. shut C. operate D. hold
12. The ______ man kept on looking at his watch while he was waiting for the bus to arrive.
A. impatient B. smart C. lonely D. quiet
13. Some journalists were waiting for the ______ singer.
A. sensible B. rich C. powerful D. famous
14. Smoking is an ______ habit.
A. illegal B. ordinary C. unhealthy D. admirable
15. What a ______!
A. new small nice house B. nice small new house
C. new nice house, that is small D. new nice and small house
16. Don't forget to give Mr. Brown my message, _______?
A. do you B. are you C. shall you D. will you
17. He spends hours ______ the Internet every day.
A. surfing B. visiting C. clicking D. downloading
18. Horse-riding is ______ expensive ______ cycling.
A. more - than B. most - than C. as - than D. more - as
19. My teacher can write a beautiful poem in ______.
A. little than half an hour B. a little than half an hour
C. less than half an hour D. least than half an hour
20. Can you explain the difference ______ these two words?
A. from B. of C. to D. between
21. I regret ______ you the story. I really didn't know it would make you disappointed.
A. tell B. telling C. to tell D. told
22. I was made ______ hard when I was at high school.
A. studying B. studied C. to study D. study
23. We got on the plan and waited about ten minutes before it ______.
A. take off B. land C. took off D. landed
24. The ______ in some countries get allowance from the government.
A. unemployed B. unemployment C. unemploying D. unemploy
25. By the time we ______ there, I'm afraid they ______.
A. will get – will have left B. get – have left
C. will get – have left D. get – will have left
III. Questions 26-35: Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
26. She has made a _______ decision to send her son the countryside with her parents. (SURPRISE)
27. He didn't give any _______ for his absence. (EXPLAIN)
28. The jacket didn't fit me very _______. (GOOD)
29. I wish you every _______ in your new job. (SUCCEED)
30. You look more _______ in your new dress. (BEAUTY)
31. We found the new fashion very _______. (COLOUR)
32. Few people can _______ without water for more than a week. (EXISTENCE)
33. Tourism has _______ agriculture as the nation's main industry. (REPLACEMENT)
34. _______, the best thing to do is to call them before you go. (PROBABLE)
35. People like love stories with happy _______. (END)
IV. Questions 36-45: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form or tense and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
- It's time we (36-turn) _______ on the central heating. It (37- get) _______ colder every day.
- I hate (38 – read) _______ about sport, but I don't mind (39 – learn) _______ about music. What about (40 – have) _______ a music page.
- The computer is broken. It will have to (41-repair) _______.
- If she (42 - not have to) _______ walk home in the rain, she (43-not catch) _______ a terrible cold last Friday.
- The first Olympic Games (44 - take) _______ place at Olympic in Ancient Greece, nearly three thousand years ago. They (45-hold) _______ every hour years.
V. Questions 46-55: Fill each gap with a suitable preposition to complete each of the sentences. (10 pts)
46. Did the children account ________ 45% of the total population affected the tsunami.
47. You remind me of your uncle. We used to work ________ each other.
48. Take the bus, and get ________ in front of the library
49. We're always proud ________ your success.
50. Shall we go for a picnic tomorrow? It depends ________ the weather.
51. ________ heat from the sun, there would be no life on earth.
52. My mother is very keen ________ growing flowers.
53. We must wait ________ Friday for the final exam results.
54. What time did you arrive ________ the party?
55. It was careless ________ him not to lock the gate last night.
VI. Questions 56-65: Choose the words in the box to fill in each blank in the following passage. (10 pts) but like grow like from enough heat it in into.
Have you ever seen a greenhouse? Most greenhouses look (56) _______ a small glass house. Greenhouses are used to (57) _______ plants, especially in the winter. Greenhouses work by trapping (58) _______ from the sun. The glass panels of the greenhouse let in light but keep heat (59) _______ escaping. This causes the greenhouse to heat up, much like the inside of a car parked (60)_______ sunlight, and keeps the plants warm (61)_______ to live in the winter.
The Earth's atmosphere is all around us. It is the air that we breathe. Greenhouse gases in the atmosphere behave much (62)_______ the glass panels in a greenhouse. Sunlight enters the Earth's atmosphere, passing through the blanket of greenhouse gases. As (63)_______ reaches the Earth's surface, land, water, and biosphere absorb the sunlight's energy. Once absorbed, this energy is sent back (64)_______ the atmosphere. Some of the energy passes back into space, (65)_______ much of it remains trapped in the atmosphere by the greenhouse gases, causing our world to heat up.
Đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh Chuyên Vũng Tàu
A. Pronunciation (10 points)
I. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others in each group. (5 points)
|1. A. author|| |
|2. A. forest|| |
|3. A. industry|| |
|4. A. baggage|| |
|5. A. advantage|| |
II. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others. (5 points)
|1. A. deposit|| |
|2. A. surprising|| |
|3. A. interview|| |
|4. A. extreme|| |
|5. A. friendly|| |
B. VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR (40 points)
I. Choose the best answers to completes each sentence. (10 points)
1. One problem for teacher is that each student has his/ her own ________ needs.
A. separate B. divided C. individual D. distinctive
2. I was ________ in the book I was reading and didn't hear the phone.
A. submerged B. distracted C. gripped D. engrossed
3. If we hurry, we might get there ________ to catch the early train.
A. right B. in time C. on time D. before time
4. To get a passport, you must send in your birth ________ and two photos.
A. certificate B. licence C. paper D. card
5. She tries to set ________ an hour a week for practice.
A. about B. down C. aside D. in
6. ________ stay the night if it's too difficult to get home.
A. At all costs B. By all means C. In all D. On the whole
7. Robert and his wife ________ to my house for tea yesterday evening.
A. came round B. came about C. came down D. came away
8. Each of the guests ________ a bunch of flowers.
A. are given B. is given C. were given D. give
9. To everyone's surprise, Mr Brown ________ at the Trade Union meeting.
A. turned in B. turned over C. turned up D. turned round
10. Everyone burst out laughing. There was a lot of ________.
A. laughs B. laughter C. laughings D. laugh
II. Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets. (10 points)
1. I (meet) ________ John before I (be) ________ a fortnight in Paris.
2. The children were frightened because the lights suddenly (go) ________ out and they (sit) ________ in the dark.
3. What tune (play) ________ when we (come) ________ in?
4. She was badly hurt when her car hit another car. If she (wear) ________ her seat belt, she (not hurt) ________ so badly.
5. Coming into the room he (see) ________ Mary where he (leave) ________ her.
III. Give the correct form of the verbs to complete the passage. (10 points)
1. We go to the restaurant for ________ whenever we 're tired of eating meat. (vegetable)
2. Don't worry. I 'll be waiting for you at the ________ to the pagoda. (enter)
3. The old theater of our city is being enlarged and ________. (modern)
4. Advertisements account for three fourths of the ________ of the newspaper. (come)
5. What is the ________ of the adjective "solid". (oppose)
6. ________ should complain if they are not satisfied with the service they receive. (Consume)
7. If your work is ________ you won't get a raise. (satisfy)
8. ________ are alarmed by the rate at which tropical rain-forest are being destroyed.(Conserve)
9. The athletes take part in the Olympic Games in the true spirit of ________. (sport)
10. You can never be sure what he is going to do. He is so ________. (predict)
IV. Arrange these sentences to make a complete passage (10 points).
a. As they built bigger and bigger ships, they were able to sail further and further away.
b. They don't really mean that the world is getting smaller, of course.
c. They found that as they sailed further away from their home countries, the world became bigger.
d. Then men began to use ships to explore the world.
e. Today there are no undiscovered countries left to put on the map, but there are many new worlds to discover out in space.
f. But 2,300 years ago the Egyptians and the Greek thought that the world was very small and flat that around it was the ocean.
g. We often hear people saying that the world is getting smaller.
h. So they had to make new maps to show the countries that they found.
i. And they discovered new countries that they didn't know about.
j. What they mean is that with modern means of transport, we can now reach every part of the world very quickly.
C. READING (30 points)
I. Read the passage below and choose the best answer for each question. (5 points)
People have been playing with marbles for thousands of years. The first marbles were probably either river stones that happened to be naturally round enough to roll or, more likely, rounded globs of clay that were baked hardness. Such very old clay marbles have been found in both Greek and Roman ruins, and quartz spheres have been dated at around 6000 B.C. Harder and more durable marbles tend to inspire different kinds of games than soft clay marbles, which crack very easily. So with the advent of hand rounded and polished marbles made of agate or some other rugged, igneous rock, the 'golden age' of marbles and marble play flowered. Stone marbles began to appear in the early 1800s in what is now the southern part of Germany. Shortly after, handmade glass marbles appeared in the same part of Europe. For the next 120 years, marbles and marble playing-there were literally hundred of games - flourished in both Europe and America. Marble players developed their own vocabulary for different sizes and materials of marbles, as well as for the many kinds of games to be played and the way marbles were used in the games. For example, if you were going to play a game of Ring-Taw, one of the most popular and enduring marbles games, you would lag for the first shot, and then knuckle down from the baulk, trying your best to get a mib or two with your opponent's immie.
1. The author makes the point in the passage that playing with marbles __________.
A. has been going on since ancient times
B. is a relatively recent phenomenon
C. is losing popularity
D. is a very expensive pastime
2. According to the passage, which of the following was the least used substance for making marbles?
A. agate B. glass C. rock D. clay
3. It can be inferred from the passage that the use of marbles became very popular in Europe and America __________.
A. in the 18th century
B. in the 1970s
C. in 6000 B.C
D. after glass marbles were developed
4. We can infer from the passage that marble playing __________.
A. is a game only for children
B. has many variations in games
C. is played according to one set of rules
D. uses only one kind of marble