Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Đoàn Thượng, Hải Dương năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề kiểm tra cuối năm lớp 11 có đáp án
Để giúp các bạn học sinh ôn tập một cách dễ dàng hơn nhằm chuẩn bị cho kì thi học kỳ 2, chúng tôi xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Đoàn Thượng, Hải Dương năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án. Qua đây, các bạn sẽ hệ thống lại kiến thức phù hợp với cấu trúc đề thi. Chúc các bạn học tốt.
I. LISTENING: (2.0 p)
Part 1: Listen and choose the reason why the people have their opinions about things. (1.0p)
1. A. It's too expensive.
B. It's how people learn about the universe.
C. It's not important.
2. A. They are too short.
B. They interrupt his fabourite programs.
C. They're boring.
3. A. They encourage an interest in sports.
B. They cost too much.
C. Her country never wins.
4. A. They are dangerous.
B. They are fun to play.
C. They raise moneyfor the city.
Part 2: Listen and choose the words to fill in the blanks (1.0p)
UNIVERSAL SCIENTISTS SPACE UNIVERSE INFINITE EARTH
The universe never, ever ends. It is (5)___________ in size. It's funny when (6)___________ say they want to unlock the secrets of the universe. That's impossible. There are way too many secrets out there. The universe has given us an adjective in English that is misused. When we say something is (7)___________, it doesn't make sense. That's because we're saying it takes place or happens all around the universe, when in fact, it only happens on (8)___________.
II. LANGUAGE USE (3.0p)
Part 1: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently (0.5p)
1. A. stop B. effort C. convenient D. polluted
2. A. trousers B. house C. blouse D. thought
Part 2: Choose the best answer to complete the sentences (2.5p)
3. Ha Long Bay, ______ is located in Quang Ninh, Vietnam, was listed as one of New Seven Wonders of the World.
A. who B. where C. that D. which
4. Let's go for a long walk, ______?
A. will we B. shall we C. don't you D. do you
5. Liz and Peter prepared all those biscuits, _______?
A. did they B. did she C. didn't they D. didn't she
6. Lan is better cook than her mother, _______?
A. is she B. isn't she C. are they D. aren't they
7. Despite the bad weather, he _______ get to school in time.
A. could B. wasn't able to C. couldn't D. was able to
8. His flight was in ______ around the Earth at the speed of more than 17,000 miles per hour.
A. orbit B. travel C. circuit D. revolve
9. The Great Pyramid of Giza was built to protect the burial _______ from the weather and from the thieves.
A. boat B. chamber C. spiral ramp D. blocks of stone
10. Neil Armstrong, an American _______, was the first man to step on the moon's surface.
A. astronaut B. astronomer C. scientist D. inventor
11. The Great Pyramid was only _______ in height in the nineteenth century AD.
A. proposed B. promoted C. improved D. surpassed
12. - Nam Tao: "_______ did it take to build the Great Pyramid of Giza?"
- Bac Dau: "Over a 20 - year period"
A. How long B. How far C. How many D. How often
III. READING (2.5p)
Part 1: Choose the correct answer (0.75 p)
2. What does this message say?
A. Jess will meet Tom at the bar.
B. Tom should go to the restaurant without Jess.
C. Jess can't go to the restaurant. She will meet Tom at the bar.
Part 2: Read the text and do the following tasks (1.75 p)
The Taj Mahal, in India, is one of the most beautiful buildings in the world, built over 300 years ago by the Shah Jehan as a tomb for his wife. Shah Jehan loved his wife very much. He wanted the tomb to be perfect, that's why he did not care about the time and money. Bearing this thought in mind, he found the finest workmen in all Asia to work on the building. It took over seventeen thousand men over 20 years to complete it. In front of the main entrance to the building, there is a long narrow pool. If you look in this pool, you will see all the beauty of the Taj Mahal in the reflection from the water.
Some people think the Taj Mahal is the most beautiful at sunset when the reflection of the building in the pool gleams like ruby. Others like it best at noon. Many think it is the most beautiful by moonlight, at nights when the moon is spending the night beside the pool. When morning comes and the Taj Mahal turns from silver to gold in the early sunshine, they go away, to return perhaps when the moon is full again.
Choose the best answer A, B, C or D to the questions (1.25p)
1. When was the Taj Mahal built?
A. more than 300 years ago B. about 300 years ago C. 300 years ago D. over 300 years ago
2. What shape is the visible moon when hundreds of people stay overnight outside the Taj Mahal?
A. round B. half - round C. oblong D. crescent - shaped
3. When does the Taj Mahal appear to have a reddish colour?
A. in the early morning B. at midday C. at sunset D. at night by moonlight
4. How many man - years did it take to build the Taj Mahal?
A. more than 340 B. more than 3,400 C. more than 34,000 D. more than 340,000
5. What relation was Shah Jehan to the person buried in the Taj Mahal?
A. father B. husband C. son D. wife
Fill in with NO MORE THAN 3 words (0.5p)
6 . The Taj Mahal was built over 300 years ago by the Shah Jehan in __________.
7 . When morning comes and the Taj Mahal turns from ________in the early sunshine.
IV. WRITING (2.5p)
Part 1: Rewritwe the following sentences using Double Passive (1p)
1. People report that those animals are vulnerable and endangered.
It is ____________________________________________________________.
2. People believe that her husband is a generous and romantic man.
Her husband ____________________________________________________.
Part 2: Write a profile of the following astronaut, Valentina Tereshkova, based on given information. (1.5p)
- Date of birth: March 6, 1937
- Place of birth: Bolshoye Maslennikovo, Russia
- Known as: The first woman to travel in space
+ 1945: start school
+ 1953: leave school to work in a textile plant
+ June 16, 1963: be launched into space aboard Vostok 6, spend almost three days in space.
+ November 1963: marry Andrian Nikolayev, a cosmonaut.
+ Now: become an important member of the Communist Party and a representative of the Soviet government.
- Quote: "Once you have been in space, you appreciate how small and fragile the Earth is".
____ THE END ____
Đáp án Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11
II. LANGUAGE USE
Part 1: (0.75 p)
Part 2: (1.75)
7. silver to gold
IV. WRITING (2.5p)
Part 1: 0.5/each
1. It is reported that those animals are vulnerable and endangered .
2. Her husband is believed to be a generous and romantic man
Mỗi câu đúng được 0.25p, form: 0.25p