Đề thi học kỳ 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 trường THPT Trần Hưng Đạo, TP Hồ Chí Minh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề thi cuối năm Tiếng Anh 11 có đáp án
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh ôn tập, chuẩn bị cho kì thi học kì 2 và quý thầy cô giáo có thêm tài liệu tham khảo, VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 11 năm 2017 (Chương trình cơ bản). Hi vọng, đây sẽ là tài liệu hữu ích cho việc ôn tập của các bạn học sinh. Chúc các bạn ôn tập tốt và đạt kết quả cao trong kì thi.
A. TRẮC NGHIỆM: (0.2p/ each)
Listen and choose the correct answer for each question.
1. What time does Fiona usually get up?
A. She gets up at 7 am B. She gets up at 10 am C. She gets up at 7:30 am
2. What can't Betty do?
A. She can't dance B. She can't play the guitar C. She can't sing
3. What does Jane usually do in the evening?
A. She surfs the Internet B. She does her homework C. She watches DVDs
4. What does Mike do on Wednesdays?
A. He plays football B. He goes swimming C. He has guitar lesson
5. What does Henry look like?
A. The boy with the short light hair
B. The boy with the long hair and the cap
C. The boy with the short hair and the cap
I-Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
6. A. lifted B. lasted C. happened D. decided
7. A. sun B. solar C. sure D. safe
II-Mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
8. A. admire B. wonderful C. fascinating D. album
9. A. pollution B. potential C. develop D. plentiful
III-Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) CLOSET in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
10. She was an elegant and talented woman.
A. modest B. accomplished C. perfect D. bad
IV-Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
11. No one knew precisely what would happen to a human being in space.
A. informally B. flexibly C. exactly D. wrongly
V-Mark the letter A, B, C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
12. Swimming and water skiing are both _________ sports.
A. tragic B. appreciated C. aquatic D. advancing
13. _______from many countries competed in the Olympic Games.
A. Spectators B. Athletes C. Audience D. Viewers
14. It is reported that the damage is extensive.
A. The damage is reported to be extensive.
B. It reported that the damage to be extensive.
C. The damage is reported that to be extensive.
D. It was reported that the damage is extensive.
15. I love watching the small fish swimming ___________ in the tank.
A. through B. about C. up D. towards
16. Galileo, _________ published works proving that the Earth revolves around the Sun, continued his scientific experiments even when he went deaf and blind.
A. when B. who C. whose D. which
17. I thank the girl from ____________ I received the gift.
A. whom B. whose C. who D. that
18. Don't open the door, ___________?
A. do you B. won't you C. will you D. shall you
19. There's someone at the door. _________ it.
A. I'm answering B. I answer C. I will answer D. I answered
20. After they ___________ all the food, they ____________ up their bags and left.
A. ate/ pick B. eaten/ picked C. had eaten/ pick D. had eaten/ picked
21. "What do you think I should do?"
A. It's okay. B. I'd love to.
C. I know nothing. D. I'm sorry. I don't really know.
22. " Don't tell anyone about my new address." – " ______________."
A. I wouldn't B. I can't C. I don't D. I won't
VII-Read the following passage and mark the letter A, B, C, or D on your answer sheet to indicate the correct word or phrase that best fits each of the numbered blanks.
The solar system is the Sun and the objects that travel (26)_________ it. The Earth is part of the solar system because it also travels around the sun.
There are seven other (27)__________ that travel around the sun, too. These planets, in order, (28)_________ Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Earth is located between Venus and Mars. The path the planets use when traveling around the sun is oval-shaped and is called its (29)_________. Each of the planets in the solar system take a different amount of time to orbit or travel around the Sun.
The planet Earth takes 365 days or one year to orbit the Sun. The other planets take more or less time to orbit the Sun. It (30)______ Mercury less than two months or 88 days to travel around the Sun. It is the shortest time compared to the other planets. The planet taking the longest time to go around the Sun is Neptune. It takes Neptune almost 165 years to travel around the Sun.
26. A. around B. between C. in front of D. to
27. A. stars B. planets C. moons D. satellites
28. A. include B. consist C. add D. call
29. A. circle B. way C. orbit D. road
30. A. took B. spent C. spends D. takes
VIII-Read the passage then choose the correct answer to each of the questions
Energy is fundamental to human beings, especially to poor people – the one-third of humanity that does not have modern energy supplies like electricity, with which their life could be improved.
Many people who live in countryside have to gather fuel wood. This takes a lot of time. Moreover, it causes indoor air pollution because of heavy smoke. For many people living in rural areas in developing countries of the world, biogas is the large energy resources available and costs almost nothing. The main use of biogas is for cooking and heating. As biogas is smoke-free, it helps solve the problem of indoor air pollution. Moreover, plant waste and animal manure cost almost nothing.
The tendency to use renewable energy sources is on the increase when non-renewable ones are running out. In the near, people in the developing countries may use wind or sea waves as the environment-friendly energy sources.
31. What is the role of energy to human beings?
A. unimportant B. unnecessary
C. necessary D. fundamental
32. What is the main use of biogas?
A. It is used mainly for cooking and heating. B. It is mainly used for lighting.
C. It is mainly used for operating. D. It is mainly used for producing in factories.
33. According to the passage, what is the most awful effect of using fuel wood?
A. It causes indoor air pollution. B. It may cause fire.
C. It damages their houses. D. It affects the local scenery.
34. What, according to the passage, may be used as the environment-friendly energy sources?
A. Nuclear energy B. Coal
C. Wind and sea energy D. Oil
35. Which energy is NOT mentioned in the passage?
A. Biogas B. Kerosene
C. Wind energy D. Sea energy
B. TỰ LUẬN.
IX-Supply the correct form of the word given in each of the following sentences.
36. Dancing and singing are among her ______________________. (accomplish)
37. The sea turtle is an _____________________species. (danger)
38. If you are not ___________________ with this result, call the manager. (satisfy)
39. Their prices are better than any of their ___________________. (compete)
40. I'm sure these problems can be ____________________ resolved. (satisfy)
X-Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means the same as the sentence printed before it.
41. Hung bought Lan a golden ring on her birthday. (Use a cleft sentence)
- It __________________________________________________________________________.
42. James has repaired the roof of the house three times so far. (Change into passive voice)
- The roof ____________________________________________________________________.
43. People believe that he won the marathon race. (Change into passive voice)
- He _________________________________________________________________________.
44. It's a good thing you wrote the letter, or we wouldn't have known what happened.
- If you _______________________________________________________________________.
45. The man is my father. I respect his opinion most.
- The man ____________________________________________________________my father.