Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018 - Đề 8
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018
Việc vận dụng giải trên các đề thi cụ thể đã giúp các bạn nhớ lâu phần kiến thức, giải nhanh, chính xác các câu hỏi và bài tập, nâng cao điểm của các bài thi. Vì vậy, chúng tôi cũng hi vọng, Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018 - Đề 8 này là tư liệu hữu ích cho việc ôn tập của các bạn học sinh. Chúc các em có kì thi thật thành công!
I. Choose the word underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others:
1. A. seat
2. A. watches
3. A. pleased
4. A. nuclear
5. A. earth
II. Choose the best answer (A, B, Cor D) to complete the sentences:
6. The final examination will be held ___ June 12th, 2007.
7. How many languages are there ___ the world?
8. Egypt is famous ___ ancient pyramid.
9. The boy looks very proud ___ his success at school.
10. When the trucks leave the police, the ground is covered ___ trash.
11. You have read this article on the website,________?
A. don't you
B. aren't you
C. didn't you
D. haven't you
12. All the students are looking forward ___ their summer vacation in the countryside.
A. to spend
C. to spending
13. Did your children enjoy ___ in the sea?
C. to swim
14. "When is Mr Ba planning to retire?
- He ___ for the company for thirty years now".
B. is working
C. will work
D. has been working
15. Flowers should ___ in warm places.
A. be keep
C. be kept
D. be keeping
16. They went on walking ___ it started to rain.
17. Study harder ___ the exam.
A. if you will fail
B. and you would fail
C. unless you fail
D. or you will fail
18. The girl wishes she ___ in Hue for the festival next week.
A. had stayed
B. was staying
D. could stay
19. Miss Lan stopped ___ her letter because she had to leave for the hospital.
A. to write
20. Do you know the man ___ car Jack is driving?
21. "I suggest going to Vung Tau on the weekend." - "___".
A. That's a fine day
B. That's a good idea
C. That's a trip
D. That's a reason
22. "___" - "Don't worry. I can fix it".
A. Are you worried?
B. May i fix your TV?
C. The TV is out of order again.
D. I want to fix your TV.
III. Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage:
New Year is one of the most important (23) ___ in the United States. On New Year's Eve, most people go to the parties. At twelve o'clock (24) ___ night, everyone says "Happy New Year" and they (25) ___ their friends and relatives good luck. New Year's Eve is usually a long night to this holiday children (26) ___ as witches, ghosts or others. Most children go from house to house asking for candy or fruit. (27) ___ the people at the house do not give (28) ___ candy, the children will (29) ___ a trick on them. But this (30) ___ ever happens. Many people give them candy or fruit.
23. A. festivals
24. A. on
25. A. dream
26. A. wear
C. put on
D. take off
27. A. Whether
28. A. they
29. A. say
30. A. hardly
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence:
35. Fuel ________ can be cut down by having fewer cars on the roads. (consume)
36. Many chemicals have a ________ effect on the environment. (disaster)
37. ________, the typhoon didn't cause any damage on the village. (lucky)
38. The next stage in the ________ of television is interactive TV. (develop)
VI. Read the passage and then write True or False in your answer sheet:
I am writing this to tell you how much you are missed and loved. I will always remember that day - my wedding day. You were standing there with tears in your eyes while I was walking towards my groom. You gave me a hug, and the feeling that you never wanted to let me go. But at last I had to leave you and start my new life... a moment in time that lasted forever. I now have children, Dad, but I will always be your little girl! Happy Father's Day.
39. This is a letter written by a daughter to her father.
40. The father in the letter is not loved much.
41. The man did not let his daughter go at last.
42. The writer of this letter hasn't got any children.
VII. Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them:
43. Ba said, "I am going to meet your sister in front of the station, Liz".
- Ba told Liz that ...........................................................................
44. The last time she went out with him was two years ago.
- She hasn't .................................................................................
45. She is not on board now, so she can't experience these marvelous things.
- If she .......................................................................................
46. The show was interesting to the boys.
- The boys felt ..............................................................................