Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018 - Đề 2
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2017
Mời các em cùng tham khảo Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018 - Đề 2 để làm quen với cấu trúc đề và nhận diện tất cả các dạng bài thường gặp và có thể thi. Chúc các em học sinh thi đạt kết quả cao.
I. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (2.5 pts)
1. West Malaysia and East Malaysia ________ comprise an area of 329,758 sq.km.
A. each other B. together C. one another D. both
2. We have arranged to meet each other ________ 8:00 AM this weekend.
A.to B. on C. in D. at
3. Juventus did their best; _______, Barcelona won the match and the cup.
A. but B. however C. moreover D. otherwise
4. The examiner ______ that they keep silent during the exam.
A. said B. requested C. told D. admired
5. "I promise I will study harder next term." – "_________"
A. Good idea B. I hope so C. No, thanks D. I'm sorry I can't
6. People speak Malay, English, Chinese and Tamil _______ Malaysia
A. at B. in C. on D. to
7. You should reduce _________ of water your family uses.
A. the number B. the quality C. a number D. the amount
8. A lot of Vietnamese people who live _________ want to celebrate Tet in Viet Nam, their motherland.
A. foreign B. far C. aboard D. abroad
9. Peter, bring a raincoat just _________. It looks like rain to me.
A. in case B. in time C. in turn D. in spite
10. Typhoons often ___________ in Viet Nam from June to November.
A. predict B. occur C. pass D. warn
III. Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage. (1,5pts)
The word jeans (13) ______ from a kind of material that was made in Europe. It is a strong material and it does not (14) _______ out easily. In the 1960s, many university and college (15) _____ wore jeans. Designers made different styles of jeans to match the 1960s' fashions; embroidered jeans, painted jeans and so on. In the 1970s more and more people started wearing jeans because they became (16) _______. In the 1980s jeans finally became (17) _____ fashion clothing when famous designers started (18) ______ their own styles of jeans, with their own labels on them. Sales of jeans always go up and up because jeans have never been out of fashion.
13. A. gets B. goes C. arrives D. comes
14. A. go B. wear C. call D. come
15. A. teenagers B. pupils C. students D. youngsters
16. A. higher B. costlier C. longer D. cheaper
17. A. low B. high C. up D. old
18. A. doing B. getiing C. making D. buying
IV. Read the passage, then decide if the statements that follow it are True or False. (1.0 pt)
Are you looking for a cheap, clean, effective source of power that doesn't cause pollution or waste natural resources? Look no further than solar energy from our sun. Many countries are already using solar energy. Solar panels are placed on the roof of hours and the sun's energy is used to heat water. The energy can be stored for a number of days, so on cloudy days you can use solar energy too. Sweden has an advanced solar energy program. There, all buildings will be heated by solar energy; cars and buses will use solar power instead of gas by the year 2015.
19. Few countries in the world are ready to use solar energy.
20. We can hardly use solar energy on cloudy days.
21. Solar panels are used for water heating.
22. Some types of vehicles in Sweden will use solar power by 2015.
V. Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence. (1.5 pt)
23. We are worried that rivers and canals are becoming more and more _______. [pollute]
24. TV ______ are advertisements in which goods and services are promoted. [commerce]
25. It is ______ that some people poach fish in the Nhieu Loc Canal [disappoint]
26. Christmas is ______ celebrated in many countries. [joy]
27. Here is tomorrow's weather ______. Ho Chi Minh city will be sunny, and .... [cast]
28. My sister is wearing a T-shirt of the latest model. She always dresses _____. [fashion]
VI. Use the correct tense or form of the verb given in each sentence. (1.0 pt)
29. Unless she _______ the flowers regularly, they will wither. [water]
30. We all expect that Anh Vien ___________ the most outstanding athlete in this SEA GAMES. [become]
31. He _________ five comic books since last Monday. [read]
32. The teacher suggested __________ these units carefully. [revise]
VII. Rewrite each of the following sentences in another way so that it means almost the same as the sentence printed before it. (2.0 pt)
33. Emily is sick today, so she cannot go to school.
=> If ________________________.
34. We consider Messi a soccer genius. He plays for Barcelona, Spain.(relaxtive clause)
35. People celebrate Passover in Israel in late March or early April.(passive voice)
36. The last time we saw the film was 10 years ago.