Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 6: The young pioneers club - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 6: The young pioneers club - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 8 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
1. Aims: At the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to understand and know more about activities that the Y & Y does and write a letter about activities their organization do in the future.
*Vocabulary: (to) recycle, used glass, (to) save natural resources, (a) fund, (to) earn (some money), environment
*Grammar: Review how to write a formal letter?
3. Skills: Reading and Writing.
1. Teacher: Lesson plan, posters, textbook
2. Students: Review how to write a formal letter
1. Revision: (4’) Brainstorming (Groupwork)
Cleaning up beaches Planting trees, flowers..
Helping handicapped or street children
2. New lesson:
? The HCM Y and Y Organization has a lot of activities to help the community.
1. Vocabulary (7’)
+ (to) recycle (Example)
+ used glass (n) (Realia)
+ (to) save natural resources (Trans.)
+ (a) fund (Situation)
Ex: We raise funds for the poor
+ (to) earn (some money) (Situation)
+ environment (n)(Example)
- Eicit the words from the Ss and says them out.
- Write and check., instruct Ss to read.
- Use Matching to check vocab. and asks Ss to correct.
2. Gap-filling (P.58) (6’)
*) Answer key:
1. community 6. save
2. recycling 7. earn
3. collect 8. participating
4. send 9. planting
5. recycling 10. helping
- Set the scene and asks Ss to read the Notice and fill in the missing information in the letter.
- Get feedback and checks the answers.
- Revise Ss with the form of the informal letter.
3. Answer the questions: (6’)
1.What do we do in a recycling program?
2.What can we get from this program?
3. What other programs can we participate in?
- Give the above questions orally and asks Ss to read the letter again to answer.
- Give main information of each part of the letter.
II. WHILE-WRITING: (12’)
*Write a letter about a future plan. (Part b-P.59)
- Ask Ss to read the dialogue and asks some questions to discover its main content.
- Ask Ss to write a letter individually, basing on it.
- Have them to share their ideas in groups to choose the best letter, write their letter on the cellophanes.
III. POST-WRITING: (8’)
- Collect 3 drafts from Ss and put them in the overhead.
- Help the whole to correct.
- Ask them to copy down.
- Listen to teacher.
- Lry out & repeat chorally-individually.
- Give the meaning, stress
- Read through them and match them with the Vietnamese.
- Share their ideas in groups, reading the Notice and choose the right words to fill in.
- Speak their answers and give explanations.
- Take notes.
- We collect used glass, paper,..
- we can save natural resources and .. ..
- .. raising funds for the poor, helping street children,.. ..
- Read it quickly and answer the questions individually in oral.
- Focus on the aim of each part in a letter.
- Read the dialogue and pick out: What is Hoa planning to do?/ What are they going to do?.. ..
- Write it individually first.
- Share their ideas in groups to choose the best letter, write their letter on the cellophanes.
- Share and compare their work.
- Correct texts with teacher.
- Copy it in their books.
IV. HOMEWORK: (2’)
- Ask Ss to complete the letter at home.
- Ask Ss to prepare: Language Focus
- Gerunds, Modals (May, can, could), present tense with future meaning.