Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences.
1. It’s _______to call anyone at night.
2. Mary _______write to me last year.
3. I wish you _______here tomorrow.
4. In summer my brother always wears shirts with short _______.
5. He _______with his friends in an apartment in HCM City since last week.
6. I don’t like that dress; it’s out of _______.
7. Millions of Christmas cards _______ last month.
8. A new bridge is going _______in the area.
Read the following passage carefully then choose the correct answer from (A, B, C or D).
The Olympic Games are important international sports events which take place every 4 years in different cities. All sports men who take part must be amateur athletes. The twenty-second Olympic Games were held in Moscow in the summer of 1980. On the first day of the Olympic Games, Olga Iranov, the 18-years-old Soviet gymnast won the Gold medal.
1. What are the Olympic Games?
2. Who can take part in Olympic Games?
3. When were the twenty-second Olympic Games held?
4. Where were the twenty-second Olympic Games held?
Choose the correct answer.
1. It’s a pity that I don't have a computer.
2. They has just sold that old house.
3. People built this church over 100 years ago.
4. Every day I spend 30 minutes watering the flowers
Rewrite the sentences with the same meanings.
1. “Do you still live in Hanoi now?” Nam said to me.
→ Nam asked me_______________________________________________
2. Does your brother use the Internet every day?
→ Your brother____________________________________
3. They will have to change the day of the meeting again.
→ The day _____________________________________
4. The boy can’t speak to the visitors because he doesn’t know French.
→ The boy wishes___________________________________________