Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Units 4, 5, 6 có đáp án
Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 12 Units 4, 5, 6
Nhiều bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 hay sẽ được chúng tôi tổng hợp và gửi đến các bạn. Các bạn sẽ được giới thiệu nhiều bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 cơ bản và nâng cao, bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 trắc nghiệm lẫn tự luận. Việc ôn tập bằng cách giải nhiều dạng bài tập như thế này sẽ giúp các bạn củng cố được kiến thức về nhiều mặt như: từ vựng, cấu trúc ngữ pháp,...
Choose the word which is stressed differently from the rest.
1. a. generally b. secondary c. education d. specialize
2. a. particular b. variety c. certificate d. supplementary
3. a. equivalent b. independent c. university d. entertainment
4. a. intensive b. requirement c. usually d. assessment
5. a. common b. exam c. degree d. prepare
Choose a, b, c, or d that best completes each unfinished sentence, substitutes the underlined part, or has a close meaning to the original one.
6. An 'A-level' in Mathematics or a/ an _______ qualification, is normally required.
a. equal b. same c. equivalent d. like
7. At the age of sixteen he ______ for a place. at the University of Harvard.
a. expected b. submitted c. required d. qualified
8. GCSEs are often a requirement for taking A-levels, a common type of university _______ requirement.
a. entrance b. enclose c. attendance d. assessment
9. GCSE courses are _______ in a variety of subjects, which are usually decided by the students themselves.
a. spent b. taken c. made d. looked
10. GCSEs are not compulsory, but they are the most common qualification taken by 14-16-year-old students.
a. specialized b. fulfilled c. required d. applied
11. Secondary education is the _____ of education following primary school.
a. stage b. step c. level d. standard
12. Then he'll know exactly what's required _______ him.
a. of b. in c. with d. for
13. That language center has a wide variety _______ subjects for you to choose.
a. at b. upon c. of d. about
14. I admired him for being so confident _______ his age.
a. for b. at c. In d. on
15. She is a slow student. She seems to be unable to concentrate on anything in _______.
a. particular b. particularly c. particularity d. particularize
16. You should find a job to live _______ from your parents.
a. dependence b. independence c. independent d. independently
17. Those who do well on the test clearly have the _______ fluency.
a. require b. requirement c. requisite d. requiring
18. Most _______ students in _______ UK prepare carefully for A-level exams.
a. the/ Ø b. Ø/ the c. Ø/ an d. the/ an
19. Where is Peter? - He is at _______ school.
a. a b. an c. the d. Ø
20. _______ with my previous job, I would have won a higher promotion and I _______ in this unfortunate position now.
a. Unless I had stayed I am not b. If I stayed/ would not be
c. If had I stayed/ will not be d. Had I stayed/ would not be
21. If they _______ down that old opera house, we would not have any historical architecture left in the city.
a. tear b. tore c. torn d. were torn
22. I can't stand him. If he _______, I will quit.
a. is employed b. employed c. were employed d. had employed
23. Without my parents' support, I _______ my overseas study.
a. will not complete b. did not complete
c. had not completed d. would not have completed
24. _______ at home, I would enjoy my favourite show.
a. Suppose I am b. Unless were I c. Were I d. If were I
25. The man and his dogs _______ were buried in the demolished building after the earthquake have just been rescued safely.
a. which b. who c. that d. whom
26. Since the global industrialization, the number of animal species _______ have become extinct or nearly extinct has increased.
a. which b. when c. why d. whose
27. Of my students, Betty is the only one _______ has found a good job.
a. where b. that c. which d. whose
28. Have you ever visited New York harbor _______ the famous Statue of Liberty stands?
a. on where b. that c. on that d. where
29. Tell me the day _______ you want to leave.
a. which b. when c. in that d. where
30. That is the place _______ there used to be a monument.
a. where b. that c. why d. for which
Read the two passages carefully and choose the correct answer.
There is no age requirement for admission to Cambridge University, although the vast majority of undergraduates are 18 years' or older when they come into residence. All applicants will need to demonstrate that they have the maturity and personal skills to cope with university level study. A student who will be over 21 on commencing a course is classified as a mature student.
In previous years, the University has had minimum entrance requirements for all applicants, known as matriculation requirements. These included the need for a qualification in English, a language other than English, and a mathematical or scientific subject. These requirements will be abolished from 2009 entry onwards.
Cambridge applicants are encouraged to study either four or five Advanced Subsidiary (AS) levels in Year 12. Applicants taking four subjects will not be disadvantaged compared with those taking five subjects. The university administration would normally expect A grades in subjects which are particularly reI-evant to the course a student is applying for. More challenging offers may be set to ensure that an applicant can cope with pressure and the demands of exams.
Advanced Extension Awards (AEAs) are based on A level subject criteria and require no additional teaching or resources. They are designed to challenge the most able students and to provide opportunities for students to show logical and critical thinking skills and a greater depth of understanding than required at A level.
36. "There is no age requirement for admission to Cambridge University" means that _______.
a. All students studying at Cambridge University must be under 18 years old
b. Any students can enter Cambridge University regardless of the age
c. Any students who are admitted to Cambridge University have to meet age requirement.
d. All Cambridge higher students must be more than 20 years old
37. To enter Cambridge University, students must be _______.
a. very wealthy b. under the level of university study
c. mature and personally skillful d. very intelligent
38. What is not a matriculation requirement to enter Cambridge University?
a. A Bachelor of Art in Literature b. A language other than English
c. A qualification in English d. A mathematical or, scientific subject
39. According to the third paragraph, _______.
a. Studying at Cambridge University is not a difficult task.
b. Examinations at Cambridge University are very difficult.
c. Students at Cambridge University do not to encounter any pressure.
d. Cambridge University does not require examinations.
40. Advanced Extension Awards (AEAs) are for _______ students.
a. poor b. foreign c. elderly d. good
Fill in each numbered blank with one suitable word or phrase.
Here are tips that help succeed in your job interview:
Always arrive early. If you do not know (41) _____ the organization is located, call for exact directions (42) _____ advance. Leave some extra time for any traffic, parking, or (43) _____ events. If you are running late, call right away and let someone know. The best time to arrive is approximately 5 - 10 minutes early. Give (44) _____ the time to read your resume one more time, to catch your breath, and to be ready for the interview. Once you are at the office, treat everyone you encounter with respect. Be (45) _____ to everyone as soon as you walk in the door.
Wear a professional business suit. This point should be emphasized enough. First (46) _____ are extremely important in the interview process. Women should (47) _____ wearing too much jewelry or make up. Men should avoid flashy suits or wearing too much perfume. It is (48) _____ important that you feel comfortable. While a suit is the standard interview attire in a business environment, if you think it is (49) _____ informal environment, call before and ask. Regardless, you can never be overdressed (50) _____ you are wearing a tailored suit.