Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6, 7 có đáp án (số 1)
Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6, 7
VnDoc.com xin gửi đến thầy cô và các bạn Bài tập tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 6, 7 có đáp án (số 1) được sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích cho các bạn học sinh ôn tập và củng cố kiến thức ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng điểm, chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho bài học cũng như bài kiểm tra về sau.
BÀI TẬP UNIT 6,7 TIẾP THEO
Choose the best option to complete each of the following sentences.
1. Can you turn ________the light? -It’s too dark.
A. on B. off C. in D. for
2. I suggest ________showers instead of taking bath.
A. take B. taking C. to take D. to taking
3. - What are you looking ________? - My picture book. I’ve lost it.
A. on B. off C. in D. for
4. A new air-conditioner will be ________tomorrow morning.
A. to intall B. installed C. installing D. install
5. Scientists are looking for an ________way to reduce energy consumption.
A. effect B. effection C. effective D. effectively
6. They are completely short of water now. A number of people have died because of this ________.
A. shortage B. short C. shorten D. shortly
7. If you want to save money, you should ________the amount of water your family uses.
A. increase B. reduce C. adapt D. repair
8. In order to save electricity, an ordinary 100-watt light bulb can be replaced by a(n) ________.
A. energy-saving bulb B. energy-save bulb
C. saving energy bulb D. save-energy bulb
9. You should get a (n)________to make sure there are no cracks in the pipes.
A. plumber B. mechanic C. electrician D. consumer
10. ________take the train instead of the bus? It’s faster and cheaper.
A. Why not B. Why don’t C. How about D. Let’s
11. If we ________less paper, we ________the number of trees in the forests.
A. used/ will save B. use/ can save C. can use/ save D. use/ can
12. She won’t take all the suitcases ________she likes to travel light.
A. so B. but C. because D. therefore
13. She is very tired; ________, she has to finish her homework.
A. moreover B. so C. and D. however
14. - Is he an actor ________a singer? - An actor
A. and B. or C. with D. so
15. He was tired, ________he took a rest before continuing the work.
A. so B. and C. but D. if
16. Who looks ________your children when you are away from home?
A. for B. at C. after D. to
17. Why doesn’t she go ________with her university study?
A. in B. at C. to D. on
18. After coming home, she cleaned the floor ________cooked dinner.
A. but B. however C. moreober D. and
19. They didn’t understand the matter ________she didn’t ask for help.
A. but B. however C. moreover D. and
20. How about ________posters on energy saving and hanging them around our school?
A. make B. making C. to make D. to making
Give the correct form of the verbs in brackets.
21. I suggest ________________some money. (collect)
22. What about ________________a shower instead of a bath to save energy. (take)
23. I think we should ________________off the faucets. (turn)
24. If we plant more trees along the streets, we ________________more shade and fresh air. (have)
25. If the pollution _____________on, the world will end up like a second-hand junk-yard. (go)
Filling each gap with a suitable phrasal verb in the box.
turn on – turn off – look for – look after – go on – look forward to – put off
26. Mai can’t go to the movies with us tonight. She will have to ________her little sister.
27. If we ________wasting water, there will be a shortage of fresh water in a few decades.
28. “________the TV, will you? I want to watch the weather forecast.”
29. “ I think I’ve lost my new pen. I’ve ________it eveywhere.
30. Yen forgot to ________the faucets when she letf home for work.
31. I am ________hearing from you.
32. Never ________till tomorrow what you can do today.
Match a word or phrase in column A with a definition in column B.
38. turn off
A. switch off
B. of or using the sun
C. a person whose job is to fix and repair things like water pipes.
D. the power from electricity, gas, coal, ect that is used to make things work
E. a new idea, method
F. very big or very large.
Give the correct form of the word in brackets.
39. There is a ________________faucet in your kitchen. (drip)
40. We can protect the environment by ________________air pollution. (reduce)
41. I am very ________________because they use electricity to catch fish. (worry)
42. I want to see the ________________of environment from the local authority. (protect)
43. Scientists are looking for an effective way to reduce energy _______________. (consume)
Complete the second sentences
44. It was raining, so we decided to postpone our camping.
45. She wants them to sing a song.
She suggests they _____________________________________.
46. She couldn’t join us because she was busy.
She was busy, so_____________________________________.
47. Shall we go to the cinema tonight?
What about _____________________________________.
48. Why don’t we use energy-saving bulbs?
I suggest_____________________________________ .
49. Although she was not beautiful, she took part in a beauty contest.
She wasn’t beautiful but _____________________________________.
50. Work hard and you will pass the exam.
If you _____________________________________.
51. If you don’t start working hard now, you won’t be able to pass the final exam.
Unless _____________________________________ .
52. We are delighted. You passed your English exam.
We are delighted_____________________________________ .
53. She was tired and therefore she wanted to go home.
She wanted to go home because _____________________________________.
Fill in each gap with a suitable word in the box.
energy – money – electricity – machines – by – save – how much – in
For most North American households, lighting accounts for 10 percent to 15 percent of the _______(1) bill. However, this amount can be reduced_______(2) replacing an ordinary 110-watt light bulb with an _______(3) saving bulb. These bulbs use a quarter of the electricity of standard bulbs and last eight times longer. Therefore, consumers can _______(4) about US$ 7 to $21 per bulb.
In Europe, there is a labeling scheme for refrigerators, freezers, washing _______(5) and tumble dryers. The label tells the consumers _______(6) energy efficicent each model is, compared with other appliances _______(7) the same category.
Ultimately, these innovations will save _______(8) as well as conserving the Earth’s sources.