Bộ đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh Phòng GD&ĐT Quận 1, TP. Hồ Chí Minh có đáp án
Đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh
Kì thi giữa học kì 2 đang gần kề, VnDoc. com trân trọng gửi tới các bạn Bộ đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh Phòng GD&ĐT Quận 1, TP. Hồ Chí Minh có đáp án. Hãy thử sức với các đề thi này để tích lũy thêm kiến thức và kinh nghiệm làm bài. Chúng tôi hi vọng, bộ đề thi này sẽ hữu ích cho kì ôn tập của bạn. Chúc các bạn thành công!
I. PRONUNCIATION: (1,0pt) (Write A, B, C, or D for the word you choose)
@. Choose the word whose underlined part Is pronounced differently from that of the other words:
1. A. nuclear B. pollute C. infrastructure D. reduce
2. A. persuade B. wrap C. deforestation D. label
3. A. flow B. household C. folk D. category
@@. Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others:
4. A. effective B. efficiency C. appliance D. innovation
5. A. ordinary B. recent C. suggest D. regularly
II. USE OF ENGLISH: (3,0 pts ) Write A.B.C, or D which best completes the sentences:
6. Tom suggested _________ to eat.
A. go out B. going out C. to going out D. going on
7. I think we should use electricity _________ to save money.
A. careful B. careless C. carefully D. carelessly
8. That river is _________ with foam.
A. littered B. ended C. thrown D. covered
9. Henry’s mother has just gone abroad _________ , he has to look after himself.
A. Therefore B. so C. However D. Moreover
10. We need stronger laws to protect the _________ .
A. environment. B. deforestation C. pollutants D. complication
11. The _________ causes many health problems.
A. treasure B. pollution C. resources D. standard
12. In a few years’ time, our houses will be _________ by solar energy.
A. replaced B. installed C. heated D. conserved
13. Television is an _________ means of communication.
A. natural B. alternative C. ineffective D. effective
14. The teacher divided the students _________ four groups.
A. in B. into C. on D. onto
15. The cost of living in Vietnam is low compared _________ Singapore.
A. as B. with C. of D. than
16. Can you give us some advice _________ how to improve English, Ms. Mary?
A. of B. off C. on D. after
17. He got wet _________ he forgot his umbrella.
A. so B. because of C. since D. but
18. We enjoy learning English _________ we find it very difficult.
A. moreover B. and C. however D. but
19. There is a _________ faucet in your kitchen.
A. drip B. dripping C. driping D. dripped
20. We are worried about the _________ of the fresh water for the world’s population.
A. short B. shortage C. shorten D. shortening
III. READING COMPREHENSION: (2pts)
@. Choose the, word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that best fits the blank space in the following passage:
Are you looking for a cheap, clean, effective (21)_________ of power that doesn’t cause pollution or waste natural resources? Look no further than solar energy (22)_________ our Sun.
This power could be provided by the Sun. One percent of the solar energy that reaches the Earth is enough to provide power for the (23) _________ population.
Many countries are already using solar energy. Solar panels are placed on the roofs of a house and the Sun’s energy is used (24) _________ water. The energy can be stored for a number of days; so on (25)_________ days you can use solar energy, too.
21. A. source B. resource C. resources D. way
22. A. in B. from C. of D. above
23. A. all B. recent C. total D. enormous
24. A.heat B. to heat C. heating D. heated
25. A. cloudy B. cloudless C. sunny D. beautiful
@@. Read the passage, and then decide whether the statements that follow are True or False. Write A for TRUE and B for FALSE:
Pollution can kill or sicken plants, animals, and people. Pollution can change the environment. Things that cause pollution are called pollutants.
Pollution can get into the air. Air pollution can irritate people's lungs. Polluted air can mix with rain to make acid rain. Acid rain kills trees and harms fish in lakes.
Pollution can also get into soil and water. From there, pollutants can get into the food chain. Plants take In the pollution from the ground. Animals that eat the plants can be harmed, too. Bigger animals and even people might eat the damaged animals.
26. Animals and people can die because of pollution.
27. In order to make acid rain, people mix polluted air and rain.
28. People call all polluted things pollutants.
29. Fish in lake are harmed by acid rain.
30. The damaged plants can directly do harm to animals’ health.
IV. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English: (1,0)
31. I think you should replace (A) those ordinary bulbs with (B) saving energy (C) ones.(D)
32. We should try to (A) conserving (B) energy in (C) our house.(D)
33. We are going camping (A) this weekend, so (B) we ask her to look (C) for (D) our dog.
34. Please remember (A) buying (B) me a magazine (C) on (D) your way home.
35. I am disappoint (A) that my son didn't win (B) the first prize in (C) the speaking (D) contest.
V. Use the correct form of the word given In each sentence: (1,0 pt)
36. She has _________ provided a picnic lunch for US. (kindness)
37. If we buy recycled _________ , we can do a part to save the environment. (produce)
38. The beach in our city is _________ dirty. (extreme)
39. I am looking forward to receiving good _________ from you. (respond)
40. They are discussing the preservation of _________ resources. (nature)
VI. Choose the best option A, B. C. or D to complete the sentence: (0, 8 pt)
41. Remember to turn off the lights before leaving _________.
A. or you’ll pay more for electricity. B. so you’ll pay more for electricity,
C. although you'll pay more for electricity. D. if you'll pay more for electricity.
42. Don’t forget to _________.
A. have him do homework B. told him to do homework
C. ask him do homework D. request him doing homework
43. It was raining hard, _________ .
A. however, we had to cancel the game. B. but we had to cancel the game.
C. so we had to cancel the game. D. because we had to cancel the game.
44. _________ to school by public bus?
A. Shall you go B. Let’s go C. Why not we go D. Why not go
VII. Rewrite the second sentence so that It has a similar meaning to the first sentence: (1,2pts)
45. Ride your bike carefully or you will cause accident.
46. Nam dances wonderfully.
47. My friend failed his exam because or his laziness.
Mời các bạn vào tham khảo và luyện tập với một số đề sau đây để chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho kì thi học kì 2 sắp tới: