Bộ đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (14)
Bộ đề thi tuyển sinh vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN (14)
Với mong muốn giúp các em học sinh chuẩn bị tham dự kì thi vào lớp 10 và quý thầy cô giáo có thêm tài liệu tham khảo, VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn bộ Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2017. Hi vọng, đây sẽ là tài liệu hữu ích cho việc ôn tập của các bạn học sinh.
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh (Chuyên) năm học 2016 - 2017 trường THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ, Hà Nội
PART I: LISTENING (15 points)
Listen to a conversation between Mrs. Phillips and Robert about library work, answer the questions.
Questions 1-6: Answer the following questions. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/ OR A NUMBER for each answer. Write your answers into the box below.
1. What is Mrs. Phillip's job at the library?
2. What is Robert's job at the library?
3. What time does the library open?
4. What time does Robert can go home after he finishes his duty in the library?
5. Where are fiction and non-fiction books collected?
6. Where can children find their suitable books?
Questions 7-11: Decide whether these statements are True (T) or False (F). Write your answers in the box below.
7. The books in the brown cart are for republishing.
8. The books in the black cart need to be repaired.
9. The white cart books are to be sold as used books to raise money for the laboratory.
10. "Fashion show" is the most popular activity of the library.
11. It costs children nothing to see movies on Saturday noon.
Questions 12-15: Complete the table. Write NO MORE THAN TWO WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer. Write your answers into the box below.
|Activity||Location||Day and Time|
|(12) ____________________||Children's Room||Thursday at 11:00|
|Family Movies||(13) ____________________||(14) ____________________|
|(15) ____________________||Meeting Room||Friday at 6:30|
PART II: PRONUNCIATION, VOCABULARY & GRAMMAR (35 points)
Questions 16-17: Choose the word (A, B, C or D) whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others. Write your answers into the box below.
16. A. hasty B. nasty C. tasty D. wastage
17. A. rough B. thought C. thorough D. through
Questions 18-20: Choose the word (A, B, C or D) that differs from the others in the position of the primary stress. Write your answers into the box below.
18. A. argumatative B. psychological C. contributory D. hypersensitive
19. A. compensate B. competence C. communist D. commitment
20. A. mysterious B. preferable C. modernity D. historical
Questions 21-30: Choose the best option (A, B, C or D) to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answers into the box below.
21. Although he was completely _______ as a furniture maker, he produced the most beacutiful chairs.
A. unable B. untrained C. incapable D. uneducated
22. There is no point in telephoning him. He's certain _______ by now.
A. to leave B. to have left C. left D. having left
23. _______, dolphins have no sense of smell.
A. As known as far B. As far as is known
C. It is known as far D. Known as far as it is
24. When I finish writing this composition, I'm going to _______ and go to bed.
A. make time B. hit the day C. hit the big time D. call it a day
25. It could have been a lot worse _______ there.
A. when he was not B. whether or not he had been
C. for he had not been D. had he not been
26. _______ kind of organization throughout the world uses computers to conduct business.
A. Virtually every B. Virtually all C. Nearly most D. Nearlly all
27. After a lengthy debate, the spokesman announced the board had _______ a unanimous conclusion.
A. commited B. solved C. reached D. compromised
28. Not only _______ in the project, but he also wanted to become the leader.
A. did Jack involve B. had Jack been involved
C. was Jack involved D. was involved Jack
29. The factory is closed today. The workers are _______ strike because their demand _______ increase _______ pay has not been met.
A. on – for – in B. in – for – in C. for – on – in D. on – in – for
30. _______ snow that covers _______ top of _______ mountain is _______ beautiful sight.
A. The – the – the – the B. The – the – the – a
C. Ø – the – the – the D. Ø – Ø – the – the
Questions 31-35: Find one word that can fill in the blank of the three given sentences. Write your answers into the box below.
a. An _______ a day keeps a doctor away.
b. I am the _______ of our parents' eye.
c. The ________ doesn't fall far from the tree.
a. They are looking at the _______ of fish in the lake.
b. My younger brother is studying at a private _______.
c. A _______ bus is very popular nowadays.
a. Could you add this up for me? I'm not good at all with _______.
b. The cocktail party was attended by several well-known public _______.
c. Models have to watch their _______ all the time so they eat very carefully.
a. Anna _______ in bed looking at the ceiling and wondering whether or not to get up.
b. I'm going to _______ a dustsheet down on the floor and start painting the walls immediately.
c. Will you _______ the table while I get the meal ready?
a. Why don't more women _______ for public office?
b. Does your car _______ on unleaded petrol or diesel?
c. We are going to _______ a series of advertisements in the local paper.
Questions 36-45: Use the correct form of the bracketed word to complete the passage. (0) has been done as an example. Write your answers into the box below.
What kind of __ education ___(0. EDUCATE), experience and background should we be giving our children? In a _______ (36. COMPETE) western economy, they need to be well-informed and _______ (37. KNOW). In a complex ever-changing modern world, it is _______ (38. ARGUE) that the task of preparing the next generation cannot be carried out within the _______ (39. TRADITION) classroom framework, because acquiring a proper education in this way is simply _______ (40. POSSIBLE). This is where computer-aided learning steps in, providing children with the skills that they will need in tomorrow's world, in a one-to-one learner-center environment.
There are those who claim, however, that _______ (41. EXCEED) exposure to computers may prove to be harmful rather than _______ (42. BENEFIT) to children and that is more _______ (43. PRODUCE) for education to take place in the classroom. They say that, although computers seem to hold a _______ (44. RESIST) appeal for some people, particularly young children, it is _______ (45. PREFER) for children to have a person, rather than a machine, for a teacher.
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Chuyên Ngoại Ngữ năm 2015
I. Câu 01 - 05: Chọn từ (ứng với A, B, C hoặc D) có phần gạch dưới được phát âm khác với những từ còn lại trong mỗi câu.
01. A. eliminate B. equal C. elaborate D. election
02. A. carriage B. dosage C. massage D. voyage
03. A. suit B. bruise C. suite D. fruit
04. A. calculate B. populate C. contemplate D. fortunate
05. A. apprehension B. division C. precision D. measure
II. Câu 06 - 10: Chọn từ (ứng với A, B, C hoặc D) có trọng âm chính nhấn vào âm tiết có vị trí khác với những từ còn lại.
06. A. ignorant B. decisive C. horizon D. museum
07. A. suffice B. product C. nulear D. province
08. A. neurosis B. nocturnal C. nominate D. nostalgia
09. A. psychological B. contributory C argumentative D. hypersensitive
10. A. crescendo B. attorney C. compromise D. endeavor
III. Câu 11-20: Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn phướng án đúng nhất (ứng với A, B, C hoặc D) cho mỗi câu hỏi.
(1) On the night of September 2, 1666, a fire broke out in a baker's shop near Fish Street Hill in London. Before the flames were finally extinguished, nearty the entreaty had been reduced to ashes. Over thirteen thousand homes, fifty churches and numerous public buildings and hospitals were lost in the blaze. For all practical purposes, London was destroyed.
(5) The Great Fire was not seen as a total tragedy, however. The deplorable conditions of the city had been attacked by physicians and humanitarians for years before the fire; thus, with the opportunity dearly presented to create a shining new dty, artists and craftsmen from all over England hurried to submit their designs for the rebuilding of London.
Among those who submitted plans was Sir Christopher Wren, one of England's leading architects and the
(10) Surveyor of London. The task of rebuilding the city was given to him. Wren realized that the Great Fire would not have been so damaging if the city had been better laid out: broader streets were needed to replace the crooked, narrow alleys overhung with dilapidated wooden houses and shops. He also felt that redesigning the main thoroughfares of London would result in increased and more effective transportation within the city.
Shortly after Wren began working on his first drafts for the rebuilding. King Charles I issued a proclamation (15) prohibiting the construction of any house or shop within the city limits until after the plans were completed. When the plans were unveiled to the citizens of London, however, they were overwhelmingly rejected. The most vocal leaders of the opposition were the landlords, who feared that such a drastic widening of the streets would reduce the amount of land available for development.
(20) Winter was approaching; consequently, it was necessary for the rebuilding to proceed at once. Permission was, therefore, granted for the townspeople and landlords to commence reconstruction of their houses and shops at the sites where they had been before the fire. Had the need for immediate action not been so pressing, some kind of compromise could likely have been reached. This was not to be, however, and the ideas that could (25) have made London one of the world's most beautiful cities never came to pass.
11 The probable meaning of "reduced to ashes" (line 2) is..........
A. made unbearably hot B. discolored by the fire and smote
C. covered with ashes D. destroyed by fire
12. Which of the followings was probably among the deplorable conditions of the city?
A. lack of adequate lightning
B. the rough streets and alleys
C. the run-down condition of many houses and shops
D. all of the above