Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp huyện lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 9
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh lớp 9 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải rất hay và cần thiết cho các bạn đưa vào bộ sưu tập của mình, chuẩn bị tốt nhất trước mỗi kì thi quan trọng. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo và tải về để ôn luyện.
- Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 9 cấp huyện có đáp án
- Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 9 có đáp án
- Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Phòng GD-ĐT Thạch Thành, Thanh Hóa năm học 2017 - 2018 có đáp án
A. PHONETICS, VOCABULARY AND GRAMMAR.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
II. Choose the word A, B, C or D whose main stress is different from the others.
III. Choose the most suitable word or phrase.
1. My sister is busy _________ a letter
A. in writing
B. at writing
D. to write
2. He recommended that I _________there early
D. would be
3. He said that he __________ badly sick since he returned from abroad.
A. had been
B. has been
D. would be
4. She is __________ her brother.
A. twice as old as
B. twice older than
C. as old as twice
D. more twice older than
5. The smaller the room is, the _________ furniture it needs.
6. I find the time of English meals very strange. I’m not used _________ dinner at 5 pm.
A. to have
B. to having
7. He spent the entire night thinking and in the end _________ a brilliant idea.
A. came up to
B. put up with
C. came up with
D. put through to
8. Mary: “Peter failed in the final examination last term.” - Nancy: “__________”
B. Sorry to hear that.
C. What’s wrong?
D. I can’t believe it.
9. He is the man who won’t __________ his promise
10. It’s a __________ nice a day __________ we should do something
A. either ….. or
B. neither …… nor
C. so ……. that
D. such …….. that
11. My boss is angry with me. I didn’t do all the work that I __________ last week.
A. should do
B. should have done
C. must have done
D. might have done
12. __________ the students here are serious about studying.
B. Most of
C. Almost of
13. Listen carefully. I'm going to give you __________ advice.
B. a few
14. Call an ambulance. There's been __________
B. an accident
C. some accident
D. any accident
15. __________ the time you get to the theatre, the play will have finished.
IV. Complete sentences using the correct form of the words.
Don’t tell anyone else what I’ve just told you. Remember, it’s (CONFIDE) ________.
We have (APOLOGY) __________ to our teacher for being late for the meeting.
The recent hurricane caused (WIDE) __________ damage.
How are you getting on with your (CORRESPOND) __________ course in Russian?
But how could you do it? Really, Ophelia, I feel quite (SHAME) __________ of you!
The government should take action to help the (EMPLOY) ______ find jobs.
(LITERATE) _____ was one of the three problems facing Vietnamese government after the August Revolution.
Is it possible to (DISTINCT) _______ between a hobby and an interest?
Sam works as a (TELEPHONE) __________ in an office in the town centre.
I'll always remember that journey - it was an (FORGET) __________ experience.
2. apologised/ apologized
V. Read the text below and look carefully at each line. Some of the lines are correct, and some have a word which should not be there. If a line is correct, put a tick ( ) by the number. If a line has a word which should not be there, write the word in the space provided
I had a wonderful experience or last weekend and I
would like to tell you about it. Once a month I spend a
weekend away with two friends. We usually prefer sleep in
our tents, but sometimes when we feel like to having
a real rest, we book a room in a hotel. On Thursday evening,
I suggested them that we should go on a ‘mystery weekend’
and they agreed with at once. On Saturday morning, we got into
my father’s car, one which I had borrowed for the weekend.
Noone else knew for how long the drive would be. I was
the only one who knew it where we were going. I had been
busy on the telephone that morning making all the hotel
arrangements. Where do you think I took them off?
To the Bond Marina Hotel, on the banks of the River Dart,
where a boat was got ready to take us all on a trip up
the river. It was such a lovely day that we sat on the seats
on deck and enjoyed ourselves the sunshine. When we got
home on Sunday, everyone wanted another ‘mystery weekend’.
12. got/ was
Kì thi học sinh giỏi môn tiếng Anh lớp 9 rất gần với kì thi học kì 1. Nhằm giúp các bạn đạt điểm cao trong kì thi quan trọng này, mời các bạn hãy vào tham khảo một số bài sau đây: