Đề thi giữa học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Trần Văn Bảo, Nam Định năm học 2017-2018
Đề thi giữa học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 năm học 2017-2018
VnDoc.com mời các bạn tham khảo mẫu đề thi giữa học kỳ 1 môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 trường THPT Trần Văn Bảo, Nam Định năm học 2017-2018 hay còn gọi là đề thi chất lượng 8 tuần. Đây là tài liệu học tập tham khảo hữu ích dành cho quý thầy cô và các bạn học sinh.
PART A: TRẮC NGHIỆM. ( 7 điểm)
Question I. Choose the word whose underlined part is PRONOUNCED differently from the others. (0.6 p)
1. A. subject B. marvelous C. farther D. guitar
2. A. fish B. leave C. miss D. kiss
3. A. unit B. love C. study D. wonderful
Question II. Choose the option A, B, C or D whose STRESS is laid differently from the others in each group (0.4 p)
4. A. ready B. remove C. parent D. student
5. A. become B. decide C. receive D. famous
Question III. Choose the one option A, B, C or D that best fits each of the numbered blank. (1p)
Marie Curie, the Polish-born chemist, was a courageous______( 1)____determined woman. She left her home for Paris to pursue her interest in science. Living in poverty, she still managed ______( 2)_____at the top of her class. She met Pierre Curie shortly after graduation and married him _____( 3)______year later. Together, Pierre and Marie Curie formed the most husband-and-wife partnership in science history. They ____(4)_____the Nobel Prize for physics_______( 5)______1903.
6. A. so B. also C. and D. still
7. A. to graduate B. graduating C. to graduating D. graduate
8. A. an B. C. the D. a
9. A. were awarded B. are awarded C. was awarded D. awarded
10. A. on B. at C. in D. since
Question IV. Choose the best option to complete the sentences. (4 p)
11. We are too late. The plane ____________ off ten minutes ago.
A. has taken B. had taken C. was taken D. took
12. Son: __________ does your family go out for lunch? Jim: Once a month.
A. How often B. How many C. How much D. How long
13. Could you please stop ______________ so much noise?
A. making B. to make C. make D. made
14. John won the first international prize in Physics, ________ made his parents happy.
A. that B. which C. who D. whose
15. Jane: “What subject do you like best?” Viet: “ _____________________”
A. I don't learn English well
B. I hate English.
C. I have learned it for 5 years.
D. I like English best.
16. Tom got mark 10 in English, _______________ made his parents happy
A. that B. which C. what D. it
17. Dave has been a member of this English speaking club _________ last week.
A. for B. ago B. before D. since
18. Tim: ____________ children do they have? Sam: Two boys.
A. What B. Which C. How long D. How many
19. The children will learn how _______________scientifically.
A. will do B. doing C. to do D. do
20. He _______________ at six in the morning.
A. usually gets up B. get up usually C. gets up usually D. usually get up
21. My family is considering ___________ a bigger house.
A. building B. build C. to build D. built
22. The sun ___________ in the East and____________ in the West.
A. has risen/ has set
B. rose/ had set
C. rises/ set
D. rises/ sets
23. In the past, it was ______________ for women to go to university.
A. impossible B. unable C. unlikely D. improbable
24. He enjoys _____________near the window on board
A. sit B. to sit C. siting D. sitting
25. Mr. Vy is a farmer. He spends 8 hours doing in the field every day.
A. teacher B. engineer C. driver D. peasant
26. There is so _________ traffic in this road.
A. much B. many C. any D. some
27. We had just finished dinner when they _______________.
A. come B. had come C. came D. were coming
28. ___________________ have the future in their hand
A. The young B. Younger C. Young D. The youngest
29. The alarm goes off at 5.30 and Tuan starts a new day.
A. laughs B. rings C. sings D. cries
30. She studied hard and got a degree with ____________ colors.
A. scarlet B. red C. flying D. flower
Question V. Find a mistake in each sentence that needs correcting. (1p)
31. After he did the homework, he went to school.
A B C D
32. Jonathan always is the best student in his class.
A B C D
33. The alarm didn’t go on this morning so Nam was late for school.
A B C D
34. It was a nice day so we decided going for a walk.
A B C D
35. Where does Tam lives? – She lives in Hong Quang.
A B C D
PART B: TỰ LUẬN. (4 điểm)
Question I: Read the passage and answer the questions. (0.8 p)
Charlie Chaplin was born in a very poor part of London. His father was a comedian and his mother worked as a dancer and singer. Neither of them was successful and the family had very little money. The first time he himself earned some money by dancing and singing when he was only five years old. He did many kinds of jobs, but what he loved best was working in the theatre. When he was about fifteen he joined a traveling theatre company and went on trips to America. He went to Hollywood, where he eventually became both a famous actor and film director. He died in 1977, at the age of eighty-eight.
36. Which job did Chaplin like best?
37. What did Chaplin’s father do?
38. Were his parents successful and rich?
39. How did Chaplin earn some money the first time?
Question II: Make questions for the underlined parts. (0.6 p)
40. General Vo Nguyen Giap was born on August 25, 1911.
41. There are 21 classes in my school.
42. The train arrived at ten o’clock.
Question III: Rewrite the following sentences so that the meaning stays the same. (0.8 p)
43. I started playing the guitar 6 years ago.
I have _________________________________________________________.
44. My father prefers watching the news to listening to music.
My father would rather____________________________________________.
45. Learning English well is very important.
It is ___________________________________________________________.
46. I did all the homework then I went to school.
After I _________________________________________________________.
Question IV: Put the correct form of the verbs in the brackets. (0.8 p)
47. Quan often (have)__________________Physic lesson on at 7: 15 on Thursday.
48. He (write)____________________ a letter to his father before he went to Paris.
49. I don’t mind (work)_____________________overtime.
5. Would you like (go)____________________out and have a drink?
- THE END -