Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh Chuyên trường THPT Hà Nội - Amsterdam năm học 2016 - 2017
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh Chuyên năm 2016 có đáp án
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh Chuyên trường THPT Hà Nội - Amsterdam năm học 2016 - 2017 là tài liệu ôn thi vào lớp 10 có kèm đáp án cụ thể. Sau đây mời các em cùng luyện tập nhé!
TT BỒI DƯỠNG VĂN HÓA
ĐỀ THI THỬ VÀO LỚP 10 CHUYÊN THPT
Năm học : 2016-2017
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (CHUYÊN)
Thời gian làm bài : 120 phút
(Thí sinh làm bài vào tờ giấy nay)
(Không được dùng bất cứ loại từ điển hay tài liệu nào)
PART A: PHONETICS
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others in eachgroup. (5 pts.)
1. A. facsimile B. transfer C. spacious D. fax ______
2. A. swallow B. switch C. sweet D. sword ______
3. A. scenic B. extinct C. decrease D. coexist ______
4. A. agreed B. boxed C. based D. listened ______
5. A. off B. of C. if D. fly ______
II. Choose the word whose main stressed syllable is placed differently from that of the others in each group. (5 pts.)
1. A. appreciate B. experience C. embarrassing D. situation _____
2. A. excited B. interested C. confident D. memorable _____
3. A. floppy B. embrace C. cotton D. idol _____
4. A. complain B. destroy C. terrify D. imagine _____
5. A. carefully B. correctly C. seriously D. personally _____
PART B: LEXICO AND GRAMMAR
I. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answer (A, B, C or D) in
the box provided. (20pts.)
1. The weather is going to change soon; I feel it in my _____.
A. body B. legs C. skin D. bones
2. Before the invention of the Internet, people couldn't _____ of such universal access to information.
A. reminisce B. conceive C. contemplate D. access
3. ___________, Americans eat a light breakfast. They don't eat a lot of food in the morning.
A. By and large B. Fair and square C. Ins and outs D. Odds and ends
4. There has been a recommendation that Peter _____ the president of the country.
A. will be elected B. be elected C. is elected D. was elected
5. For a whole month, Muslims ________eating and drinking during daylight hours.
A. abstain from B. keep from C. stay from D. stand from
6. TV advertising inthe late afternoon tends to _____ young children.
A. target B. point C. focus D. aim
7. He traveled _____ for 20 years and then he decided to return home.
A. farther away B. far from it C. far and wide D. farthest of all
8. No matter how angry hewas, he would never _____ to violence.
A. refuse B. resort C. resist D. resolve
9. Simon .............................in me on the understanding that I wouldn't tell anyone else.
A. confided B. intimated C. confessed D. disclosed
10.If you want to be a rock star, talent helps, but what it really ............. down to is luck.
A. boils B. revolves C. centers D. refines
11. That argument is no good: it won't ..................
A. hold water B. blossom C. make water D. pass water
12. If you get measles, you will ...................in spots.
A. break out B. break up C. break D. break down
13. Insults roll off him like water ..................
A. down a drain B. on a tin roof C. into the river D. off a duck's back
14. Go to the Chinese ..................and bring back a grilled pork chop.
A. carry-away B. carry-on C. take-away D. fast-courses
15. As a result of government ................., more jobs were lost.
A. cut-aways B. cut-backs C. cuttings D. drop-backs
16. No one knows precisely how much he earnsa month, but $ 5.000 can't be ................ of the target.
A.far B. broad C. wide D. distant
17. She insisted that the reporter _______ her as his source of information.
A. not mention B. doesn't mention C. hadn't mentioned D. didn't mention
18. Look, will you stop ______ in and let me finish my sentence!
A. plugging B. pushing C. butting D. moving
19. We put his rude manner ______ ignorance of our British customs.
A. up to B. down to C. off at D. up with
20. I would rather you_______ the office phone for personal purpose.
A. shouldn't have used B. shouldn't use C. not to use D. didn't use
II. Give the correct form of the word in brackets to complete the following passage. Write your answer in the box provided. (5 pts.)
Mount Mulanje in Malawi is the highest mountain in (1. CENTRE) Africa, part of a range which comprises no fewer than twenty peaks over 2,500 meters. The range is readily (2. ACCESS) by road and a day's drive allow a (3. LEISURE) circumnavigation. More energetic visitors, particularly walkers and climbers, are rewarded with an experience that is (4.FORGET).
Mulanje is a (5.BREATH) sight, visible for miles around. The giant slab of rock appears to protrude almost vertically from the plain. This impression is borne out by the existence of the longest sheer rock-face in Africa, demanding for even the most skilled (6. MOUNTAIN). The explanation for this dramatic geography lies in the rock: hard granite, very (7. RESIST) to erosion, which contrasts with the softer rocks of the plains.
Most visitors remain on the lower, gentler slopes, making use of forest huts for overnight accommodation. The trek up the foothills, along clearly defined paths, is not overly (8. CHALLENGE) but may take up to a week. As the climate cools gradually, almost (9. PERCEPTIBLE), with every few meters of altitude gained, so the full diversity of fauna and flora is revealed in all its (10. SPLENDID).
III. Fill in each blank with a suitable preposition or particle. (5 pts.)
1. We're all very obliged _________________you
2. He escaped by passing himself ___________________ as a guard.
3. He's quite careless ________________danger.
4. When she sets ________ ________ an examination, she always tries to avoid crossing the part of a woman.
5. I've been so anxious_________________you.
6. She refused to be a party _______________________ any violence.
7. Embarrassment rooted her _______________________ the spot.
8. This service is free ___________________charge.
9._________________the devil and the deep blue sea.
10. We cannot afford to take risks when people's lives are ________________stake.