Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018 có đáp án - Đề 6
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018
Cấu trúc đề thi tuyển sinh sẽ như thế nào? Đó là câu hỏi tất cả học sinh cũng như các bậc phụ huynh rất trăn trở và lo âu. Để giúp các bạn học, bậc phụ huynh cũng như thầy cô giáo có cơ sở tham khảo, VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017 - 2018 có đáp án để các em năm được những nội dung sẽ thi sắp tới.
I/ (1,0p Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
1. A. nothing B. cover C. morning D. done
2. A. how B. town C. slow D. power
3. A. change B. chemistry C. choose D. cheese
4. A. match B. catch C. math D. watch
5. A. bread B. great C. break D. steak
II/ (3,0 points) Choose the best word or phrase to complete the following sentences.
1. I like reading books ______ tell about different peoples and their cultures.
A. who B. whom C. which D. where
2. "Buy me a dictionary on your way back,______?"
A. will you B. don't you C. can't you D. are you
3. Mary usually walks to school but today she ______ a bike.
A. ride B. rides C. riding D. is riding
4. She worked hard ______she passed the exam.
A. so B. if C. because D. as
5. I'll give you a lift to the station if you _______ in a hurry.
A. were B. are C. will be D. would be
6. I'm feeling pretty tired. Do you mind ______ me home?
A. taking B. took C. take D. to take
7. Nam looks much _______ today than yesterday.
A. good B. well C. better D. the best
8. Scientists and engineers have invented devices to remove ______ from industrial wastes.
A. polluted B. pollute C. polluting D. pollutants
9. The dress you bought is of very good quality. It ______ very expensive.
A. may be B. must be C. should have been D. must have been
10. The Pikes put ______ their trip because of bad weather.
A. away B. up C. out D. off
11. Neither Linh nor her classmates ______ the National Museum so far.
A. visit B. visited C. have visited D. has visited
12. Nga: "You look nervous! ______" – Hoa: "This thunder scares me to death."
A. How are you? B. Why's that? C. Come on! D. What's wrong?
13. He was homesick and he ______ all his family and friends.
A. missed B. wished C. desired D. hoped
14. I'm very ______ to you for putting in so much hard work.
A. thoughtful B. grateful C. considerate D. careful
15. If you come to the theatre late, you have to wait until the ______ to get in.
A. break B. refreshment C. interval D. half-time
IV. Give the correct tense or form of the verbs in brackets.
26. When my mother came home from work, I_________(cook) dinner.
27. Jane_________(go) to school by bicycle every day.
28. The children_________(play) badminton in the stadium now.
29. You_________(go) to London last month?
30. The candidates mustn't_________(bring) books into the examination room.
V/ (1,5 points) Read the passage and choose the best option A, B, C or D to answer the question.
Along with jogging and swimming, cycling is one of the best all-round forms of exercise. It can help to increase your strength and energy, giving you more efficient muscles and a stronger heart. But increasing your strength is not the only advantage of cycling. Because you're not carrying the weight of your body on your feet, it's a good form of exercise for people with painful feet or backs. However, with all forms of exercise it's important to start slowly and build up gently. Doing too much too quickly can damage muscles that aren't used to working. If you have any doubts about taking up cycling for health reasons, talk to your doctor and ask for his/her advice.
Ideally you should be cycling at least two or three times a week. For the exercise to be doing you good, you should get a little out of breath. Don't worry that if you begin to lose your breath, it could be dangerous and there must be something wrong with your heart. This is simply not true; shortness of breath shows that the exercise is having the right effect. However, if you find you are in pain then you should stop and take a rest.
1. People with back problems might go cycling because__________.
A. it enables them to carry the weight of their body on their feet
B. it does not make them carry the weight of their body on their feet
C. it helps to make their backs become stronger
D. it helps them to relieve their backache
2. All forms of exercise must be started__________.
A. gradually B. quickly C. strenuously D. violently
3. According to the writer, it is best to go cycling__________.
A. once a week B. at least two or three times a week
C. at least two or three times a day D. every day
4. You should not worry about the shortness of breath because__________.
A. it shows that there is something wrong with your heart
B. it shows that you should stop and take a rest
C. it is a sign of exercise having the right effect
D. it is a sign of your getting rid of your heart problem
5. Which of the following is NOT included in the advantages of cycling?
A. Giving you a stronger heart B. Increasing you strength and energy
C. Giving you better muscles D. Making you look younger
VI/ (1,5 points) Fill in each blank with one suitable word.
Energy is one of the problems that many people are interested in. It is not an unfamiliar word. It is heard, said, discussed day after day. It is close to everyone's (1)_____ life. You turn on the lamp and it is (2)______ that gives you light. You turn on a TV and it is energy that gives you pictures and sound. You ride a motorcycle and it is energy that gives you movement. You (3)______ your meals and it is energy that gives you heat to boil rice.
The problem is that the demand for energy is rising and that the price of energy is getting (4)______ and higher. The supply of energy on earth is limited. It cannot provide us all forever. The shortage of energy in the future is inevitable. Therefore, (5)______ energy is a must if we want to continue to live in a safe and sound world.
VII/ (1,5p) Complete the following sentences, using the words or phrases suggested.
1. I/ feel/ hopeful/ that/ we/ find/ suitable house/ very soon.
2. She/ not/ play/ piano/ well/ as/ her sister.
3. I wish/ could/ give you/ all the expensive things/ life.
4. You/ hear/ Maria/ since/ you/ leave school?
5. The people/ live/ next door to us/ keep/ have/ all night parties.
VIII/ (1,5p) Finish each of the following sentences in such a way that it means exactly the same as the sentence printed before it.
1. People are going to build a new library in the area.
A new library _______________________________________________.
2. "Why don't you take a day off tomorrow?" she said to me.
She suggested that ____________________________________________.
3. The weather is bad so we can't go camping.
If the weather ________________________________________________.
4. He was punished because he behaved badly.
Because of __________________________________________________.
5. The keeper had no sooner opened the case door than the lion attacked him.