Choose the word that has the different underlined part from the others.
Choose the word whose main stress is placed differently from the others in each group.
5. When I was a child, I _____ fishing with my grandfather regularly.
6. Suddenly our car broke down, so we had to stop _____ out what happened with it.
7. That man admits _____ the jewels.
8. You should let her _____ your motorbike.
9. It’s time you _____ off the television.
10. I _____ my exercises by the time Alan _____.
11. I don’t think that’s a good decision. It’s necessary for you _____ to your parents.
12. ____ allows students to acquire knowledge about living things.
13. Marie Cuire was _____ a Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 1911.
14. _____ is the action of putting seedlings into the field.
15. Are you married or single?’ is used to ask for person’s _____.
16. What is Mr. Vy’s …….……? - He is a peasant.
17. We study past and present events in Viet Nam and around the world in .......…….. classes.
18. Which of these expressions is commonly used when people start a conservation?
19. Helen: “Congratulations!” - Jane: “___________”
20. I was born in Thanh Hoa. Thanh Hoa is my ....................... .
She earned a degree in Physics with flying colours. (closest)
The contented smile on her face shows that she’s passed the exam. (closest)
She was a brilliant student. (opposite)
She harboured the dream of a scientific career which was not possible for women at that time. (opposite)
Choose the word or phrase that needs correcting.
We haven’t seen Jim since he has returned the countryside.
I decided to quit my job because my boss makes me to work overtime.
I’m not in a hurry, I don’t mind to wait.
Rewrite the following sentences as directed.
28. My sister goes to school by bike every day.
→ How _________________________________________________________
Make questions for the underlined part.
Choose the word that has the closest or opposite meaning with the underlined word or phrase.
29. Will you lend me your car?
→ Would you mind _____________________
30. You had better not smoke here.
→ I want you _____________________