Choose the word in each group that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest.
Read each of the following lists of four words and choose one word that dot belong in each list.
Choose the correct answer to complete each of the following sentences.
11.My mother is________ in her use of gas when cooking.
12. It is not very easy to study a foreign language by___________ .
13.- “Shall I put the books on the floor?”
“No, I want to keep the_______
14. Our form teacher couldn’t come to the party, ___ was a pity.
15. There’s somebody behind us. I think we______________ .
16. Their washing machine was out of________, so they couldn’t wash any clothes.
17. Could you____ me how to use this new telephone?
18. His wife’s death was a terrible shock and it took him a long time to__________it.
19. They’d like to move to London, but their children will never agree__________ .
20. When she looked in her purse she found she had been _________.
21. I have told him never______ here again.
22. A good friend will____ you when you’re having problems.
23. The fruit tasted sweet, rather_______ a peach.
24. Her car’s outside so I suppose she________ have arrived.
25. My sister is an expert on wildlife and its______________ .
26. A lot needs______ to the house before anyone can move in.
27. We had so many problems with the car that____________ we sold it and bought a
28. I’ve never been______ insulted in my life.
29. She had changed so much that______ anyone recognized her.
30. As well as__________in an office he used to have a part-time job as a waiter.