Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 Unit 2: Making Arrangements Số 1
UNIT 2: MAKING ARRANGEMENTS
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Bài tập tiếng Anh nâng cao lớp 8 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ cung cấp cho các xem các dạng bài tập hay và hữu ích giúp các bạn đạt kết quả tốt trong học tập trên lớp mà còn chuẩn bị tốt cho các bạn có kì thi học sinh giỏi. Sau đây mời các bạn vào tham khảo.
I. Choose the word that has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
1. a. patient b. address c. assistant d. distance
2. a. fishing b. cousin c. invent d. furniture
3. a. conduct b. customer c. upstairs d. introduce
4. a. upstairs b. fair c. straight d. downstairs
5. a. face b.city c. center d. commercial
II. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each unfinished sentence below or substitutes for the underlined word or phrase.
6. I have to leave to pick up the kids at school.
a. must b. should c. ought to d. need to
7. Come _____ and see the garden!
a. inside b. outside c. insides d. outsides
8. They buy a new car next month.
a. are going to b. will c. Ø d. a & b
9 . He fell ______ and broke his leg.
a. upstair b. upstairs c. downstair d. downstairs
10. I ________ with some friends until I find a flat.
a. live b. am living c. lives d. lived
11. I said it was a good film, but Jason ______ with me.
a. agrees b. disagrees c. agreed d. disagreed
12. Are you going to visit anybody_________ ?
a. last night b. tomorrow c. yesterday d. yesterday morning
13. _________ is a building in which movies are shown.
a. Movie theater b. University c. Aquarium d. Restaurant
14. There was a(n) _______ about the meeting.
a. message b. news c. advice d. information
15. I _____ town next Saturday.
a. am going to b. am going c. go to d. am going to go
III. Choose the words or phrases that are not correct in Standard English.
IV. Choose the word (a, b, c, or d) that best fits each of the blank spaces.
Dear Jan and Robin,
How are you (21)_____ ? Well, I hope. We're OK, working (22) _____, as usual. Can I ask you a favor? I'm (23)_______London for two (24) _____ next week, Thursday and Friday. Can you (25) ______ me a bed? I would be really grateful. Give me a ring (26)_______ there's a problem. Book that Greek restaurant again! It's my turn to pay!
Love to the kids. See you soon.
book (v): đặt chỗ
21. a. all b. both c. each d. every
22. a. hard b. hardly c. careful d. lately
23. a. in b.at c. on d. when
24. a. hours b. nights c. weeks d. months
25. a. give b. to give c. giving d. to giving
26. a. when b. if c. so d. although
V. Read the following passage and choose the item (a, b, c, or d) that best answers each of the questions about it.
Meg Shaw called. She and her family want to go to Bar Harbor, Maine, from July 19 to 26. Their two children are three and five, so they need baby-sitting. They want a hotel with a restaurant, but they'd also really like a refrigerator in the room.
The Shaws are very interested in exercise. They like to play tennis and swim, and they really want a health club. They'd like to spend under $1,000 for the week. Please call Meg with some recommendations. Her number is 721-8297. Nellie
baby-sitting (n): việc giữ trẻ hộ refrigerator (n): tủ lạnh
recommendation (n): lời khuyên; lời gợi ý
27. This is a/ an _____ .
a. letter b. paragraph c. dialogues d. telephone message
28. How many people are there in Meg Shaw's family?
a. two b. three c. four d. five
29. What do the Shaws want?
a. They want to go to Bar Harbor, Maine, from July 19 to 26.
b. They want a hotel with a restaurant.
c. They want a health club.
d. all are correct.
30. Which sport do the Shaws like?
a. tennis b. soccer c. swimming d. a & c are correct
31. What do you think Jim does?
a. He's a tennis player. b. He's a hotel clerk.
c. He's a travel agent. d. He's a swimmer.
ĐÁP ÁN UNIT 2 TEST 1
I. 1a 2b 3d 4c 5d
II. 6a 7b 8d 9d 10b 11d 12b 13a 14a 15a
III. 16a 17b 18d 19d 20c
IV. 21b 22a 23a 24b 25a 26b
V. 27d 28c 29d 30d 31c