Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN - Số 6
Tài liệu ôn thi THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh
Bộ đề thi thử THPT Quốc gia năm 2017 môn Tiếng Anh CÓ ĐÁP ÁN - Số 6 sẽ giúp các bạn trong quá trình học tập, củng cố, nâng cao kiến thức của mình trước khi bước vào kì thi THPT sắp tới. Để nắm vững nội dung chi tiết mời các bạn cùng tham khảo tài liệu.
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently.
1. A. danger B. habitat C. campus D. cactus
2. A. breath B. threaten C. healthy D. great
3. A. windsurfing B. wilderness C. rhino D. philosopher
Choose the word whose stress is different.
4. A. possible B. important C. together D. familiar
5. A. supportive B. responsibility C. responsive D. repairable
Choose the right word or phrase to complete the sentences.
6. It's rude to point ______someone!
A. on B. out C. at D. up
7. Martin tried on three jackets, __________fitted him.
A. none B. none of which C. none of them D. all of them.
8. I _________ to the author if I thought he would publish the article.
A. write B. am writing C. would write D. had written
9. After Mary ___________ her degree, she intends to work in her father's company.
A. will finish B. is finishing C. finishes D. will have finished
10. The water will be further polluted unless some measures ___________.
A. will be taken B. are taken C. were taken D. had been taken
11. A: Could you pick me up at 6 o'clock? ~ B: __________ I'm still at the meeting then.
A. I think I couldn't B. Yes, of course I could C. No problem D. I'm afraid not
12. A: I'm terribly sorry I behaved in such a childish way. ~ B: ___________.
A. Don't say that B. That's all right C. You're welcome D. Never mind
13. A football fan is ____________ has a strong interest in football.
A. a thing that B. something that C. a person that D. what
14. He thought of his childhood ____________ he worked in the country.
A. when B. where C. why D. which
15. The children are all _________ beautiful clothes on New Year's Day.
A. in B. on C. of D. at
16. Nowadays elephants are one of the __________ species in the world. They need protecting.
A. enlightened B. expensive C. endangered D. enlarged
17. What are the __________between women's in old times and women in modern times?
A. differs B. different C. difference D. differences
18. In the past people believed that women's _________ roles were as mothers and wives.
A. nature B. natural C. naturism D. naturalist
19. A skilled _____________ will help candidates feel relaxed.
A. interview B. interviewing C. interviewee D. interviewer
20. He has just arrived, but he talks as if he __________ all about that
A. know B. knows C. known. D. knew
21. Many of the __________ not expect to win.
A. participants in the race do B. participants in the races does
C. participants in the race does D. participant in the race does
22. He came home late, so I asked him where _____________ been.
A. he had B. has he C. he has D. had he
23. If you take a good book on your hand, you will find it hard _______________.
A. to pick it up B. to put it down C. to read it D. to enjoy it
24. An endangered species is a species ___________ population is so small that is in danger of becoming extinct.
A. whose B. which C. what D. who
25. Emily is motivated to study _________ she knows that a good education can improve her life.
A. therefore B. because of C. because D. so
26. She didn't get ___________ well with her boss, so the left the company.
A. up B. at C. through D. on
27. If I _________ cross a desert, I'd probably find a camel and a guide.
A. am to B. have to C. would D. had to
28. ______number of boys were swimming in the lake, but I didn't know______exact number of them.
A. A/ the B. The/ an C. The/ the D. A/ an
29. The master _________ satisfied with his students' progress that he praised them in class.
A. was so B. was so that C. was such D. is such a
30. Come and sit down. Have a cup of tea, _______________?
A. wouldn't you B. will you C. haven't you D. do you
31. Warm your _______up before you jump into a swimming pool so that you won't be cold.
A. head B. arms C. feet D. body
32. She has made an ___________ for the job as a nursery teacher because she likes children.
A. apply B. applicant C. application D. applicated
Choose the sentence that is similar in meaning to the one given
36. "Do you believe in what the boy says, Mary?" said Tom.
A. Tom asked Mary to believe in what the boy said.
B. Tom asked Mary if she believed in what the boy said.
C. Tom said that Mary believed in what the boy said.
D. Tom asked Mary whether she believes in what the boy says.
37. John is fat because he eats so many chips.
A. If John doesn't eat so many chips, he will not be fat.
B. If John didn't eat so many chips, he would not be fat.
C. John is fat though he eats so many chips.
D. being fat, John eats so many chips.
38. People say he won a lot of money on the lottery.
A. He is said that he won a lot of money on the lottery.
B. He won a lot of money on the lottery, it is said.
C. He is said to have won a lot of money on the lottery.
D. He was said to win a lot of money on the lottery.
39. He was very tired but he kept on working.
A. Despite he was very tired, he kept on working.
B. In spite of he was very tired, he kept on working.
C. Though his tiredness, he kept on working.
D. Although he was very tired, he kept on working.
40. He asked me where I had bought those English books.
A. He asked me, "Where had I bought those English books?"
B. He said to me, "Where did you buy these English books?"
C. He said to me, "Where I bought these English books?"
D. He asked me, "Where did I buy those English books?"
Fill each of the numbered blanks in the following passage with suitable words
TEENAGERS AND SPORT
It's quite rare to meet teenagers who don't like sports. When you are young, you know how important (41)______ to do physical exercise if you want to be healthy and strong, and for that reason you often concentrate on just one sport with so (42)______ enthusiasm that in the end you can't live without it. The problem is, though, that as you grow up you have less and less spare time. At your age you have to study harder if you want to get good marks to go to university, with perhaps only one afternoon a week to do any sport. This happens just when you are at the best (43)______ for many sports, such as gymnastics and swimming. By the time you finish all your studies you will probably be too old to be really good at sports like those, but if you spend enough time on (44)______ while you are young, then one day you will find that you are very good at your sport but too old to study, and you will find it (45)______ to get a good job. Somehow, it doesn't seem fair.
41. A. this is B. you are C. it is D. things are
42. A. keen B. many C. great D. much
43. A. stage B. age C. period D. time
44. A. training B. practice C. exercise D. sporting
45. A. impractical B. unlikely C. improbable D. impossible
Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions below
THE WILD LIFE
Wild animals (and wild plants) and the wild places where they live are seriously threatened almost everywhere. One species has become extinct in each year of this century. But many hundreds are now in danger. Lack of attention would lead to the rapid advance of the process of extinction.
Already many kinds of wild animals has been so reduced in number that their role in the ecosystem is forgotten. Animals like the great apes, the whales, seals etc. thought to be in danger of extinction.
But even more important, perhaps than individual kinds of animals and plants, whole habitats are in danger of vanishing: marshes are being drained, and the world forests, especially tropical forests are being cut down to satisfy man's needs of timber and paper.
What would our world be like if all the wild animals and wild plants vanished? - Would our life still exist then?
46. What would happen to the human beings if the wild life vanished?
A. Many species would quickly become extinct.
B. The human life would be seriously threatened.
C. Species would go on dying out.
D. Tropical forests would be cut down.
47. What is more important than individual kinds of animals and plants?
A. the vanishing of whole habitats.
B. the extinction of many species.
C. the rapid advance of the process of extinction.
D. man's need of timber and paper.
48. What does the writer caution us against?
A. cutting down the tropical forests. B. hunting wild animals.
C. draining marshes. D. destroying our environment.
49. What would happen if we cut down forests? ~ Cutting down forests would cause _________.
A. the changes of temperature. B. the flood
C. both A and B are correct. D. none are correct.
50. The verb "threatened" in the passage means _________.
A. polluted B. given fear to C. vanished D. poisoned
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. future B. resume C. pressure D. enthusiasm
2. A. honest B. humour C. honour D. hour
3. A. whether B. though C. clothes D. enthusiast
Choose the word whose main stress is put differently from that of the others in the group.
4. A. reduce B. retail C. repair D. relate
5. A. advertise B. qualify C. recommend D. interview
II. GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY
6. Since he went to university, Mike has become very interested _____ environment issues.
A. in B. on C. at D. for
7. How much you earn depends _____ how fast you can work.
A. in B. on C. of D. to
8. The job offer was too good for Jennifer to turn _____.
A. off B. away C. out D. down
9. A skilled _____ will help candidates feel relaxed.
A. interview B. interviewing C. interviewee D. interviewer
10. The company employs a _____ of nearly 5000.
A. workload B. workman C. workforce D. workout
11. She applied _____ the new post of training officer.
A. to B. for C. with D. by
12. People_____ can speak English can be understood in many countries.
A. whose B. who C. whom D. which
13. Do you remember Mr. Darnell, _____ taught us English Literature?
A. who B. whom C. that D. which
14. Violent tropical storms _____ occur in western Asia are called typhoons.
A. that B. it C. which it D. when it
15. Martin tried on three jackets, _____ fitted him.
A. none B. none of which C. none of them D. all of those
16. Yesterday we visited the City Museum, _____ I'd never been before.
A. which B. that C. to that D. to which
17. Bogota, _____ is the capital of Colombia, is a cosmopolitan city.
A. who B. which C. that D. where
18. Neil Armstrong was the first person _____ foot on the moon.
A. set B. setting C. to set D. who was set
19. Many of the pictures _____ from outer space are presently on display in the public library.
A. sent B. sending C. having sent D. that sent
20. Is that the man _____ was broken into two days ago?
A. whose house B. the house of whom C. who D. of whom the house
21. The reason _____ he was absent from school is that he had an accident.
A. why B. in which C. for D. which
22. She is not very keen ______ going to Spain again so soon for holidays.
A. for B. on C. of D. to
23. _____ accepting your offer, I'd like to know a bit more about the company.
A. In advance B. In order to C. Until D. Before
24. Fred's yearly income _____ since he _____ professions.
A. nearly tripled - changed B. nearly tripled - has changed
C. has nearly tripled - changed D. was tripled - changed
25. He was offered the job _____ his poor qualifications.
A. due to B. thanks to C. despite D. instead of
26. Jan appears _______ some weight. Has she been ill?
A. having lost B. having been lost C. to have lost D. to have been lost
27. ________ received law degrees as today.
A. Never so many women have B. Never have so many women
C. the women have never D. Women who have ever
28. We were made _______ hard when we were at school.
A. to study B. study C. studying D. studied
29. _________ a painter, but he also took an interest in the flight of birds.
A. Not only Rembrandt was B. Although Rembrandt was
C. Despite Rembrandt being D. Not only was Rembrandt
30. ______ In 1636, Harvard is one of the most famous universities in the Red States.
A. Founding B. Founded C. To found D. It was founded
31. Ricky Martin, ______ member of the band "Menu Do", attained great popularity in the late 1990s.
A. who a former B. a former C. was a former D. being former
32. Picasso,______, lived until he was a ripe old age.
A. which inspired many other artists B. whose works inspired many other artists
C. inspired many other artists D. who was inspired many other artists
33. When did you last ride a bike?
A. How often did you ride a bike? B. How long is it since you rode a bike?
C. What time is it since you ride a bike? D. How much time did you ride a bike?
34. I didn't use to like football.
A. I don't like football.
B. When I was young I liked football, but now I don't.
C. Once I didn't like football, but now I do.
D. I wasn't accustomed to football.
35. 'Would you like some coffee?' Peter asked me.
A. Peter asked me if I liked coffee.
B. Peter offered to give me some coffee.
C. Peter asked me to make him a cup of coffee.
D. Peter wanted to know if I would like to make coffee.
Choose the item (A, B, C or D) that best completes the unfinished statement.
I wish to apply for the post of clerk in the World Tours Travel Company. I am 18 years old and attended Greenhill College from 1984 to 1988. I passed my School Certificate in History, Geography, Science, Maths and Arabic. Then I got a job as a junior typist in the New Asia Export Company.
I can speak a little English but I am much better at reading books and letters in English. I know how to use a calculator and I am good at maths.
I am able to get on well with different kinds of people and I like hard work. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Nicolas Tolias (Ms)
41. What would Tolias like to do?
A. work for the World Tour Travel Company B. work at the post office
C. teach at Greenhill College D. apply for Greenhill College
42. She used to work _____.
A. for the World Tour Travel Company B. as a clerk at the post office
C. as a typist in The New Asia Export Company D. as a teacher at Greenhill College
43. She can do the following things except_____.
A. read English books and letters B. use a calculator
C. do calculations D. teach English
44. Which of the following is NOT TRUE about her?
A. She is at the age of eighteen B. She is bored with hard work
C. she is friendly with people D. She speaks English worse than she reads it
45. The phrase ' look forward to' is closest in meaning to ______.
A. expect B. dislike C. spend D. enjoy
Choose the word or phrase (A, B, C, or D) that best fits each space in the following passage.
What sort of job should you look for? Much depends on your long-term aim. You need to ask (46)______ whether you want to specialize in a particular field, work your way up to higher levels of responsibility or (47)______ of your current employment into a broader field.
This job will be studied very carefully when you send your letter of (48)______ for your next job. It should show evidence of serious career planning. Most important, it should extend you, develop you and give you increasing responsibility. Incidentally, if the travel bug is biting, now is the time to pack up and go. You can do temporary work for a (49)______ ; when you return, pick up where you (50)______ left off and get the second job.
Incidentally: unexpectedly; pack up: stop
46. A. you B. if C. oneself D. yourself
47. A. out B. off C. into D. over
48. A. applicants B. application C. form D. employment
49. A. day B. time C. while D. ages
50. A. are B. have C. should D. may