Đề kiểm tra 1 tiết lần 3 tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2019 - 2020
Đề kiểm tra 45 phút môn tiếng Anh lớp 8 lần 3 có đáp án
Đề kiểm tra định kỳ lần 3 lớp 8 môn tiếng Anh có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề kiểm tra 1 tiết tiếng Anh lớp 8 năm 2019 - 2020 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề kiểm tra tiếng Anh lớp 8 có đáp án với nội dung bám sát chương trình học tiếng Anh Unit 7 - 8 lớp 8 chương trình mới giúp các em nhắc lại kiến thức trọng tâm hiệu quả.
I. Find the word which has a different stress pattern from the others.
|1. A. scientific||B. dramatic||C. athletic||D. domestic|
|2. A. national||B. chemical||C. medical||D. informal|
|3. A. prehistoric||B. economic||C. linguistic||D. optimistic|
|4. A. medical||B. hospital||C. politic||D. electric|
|5. A. physical||B. horrific||C. beautiful||D. different|
II. Choose the correct answer to complete each following sentence by circling A, B, C or D.
6. _______ loss can be caused by noise pollution.
7. Ships spill oil on oceans and rivers. This leads to the _______ of many aquatic animals and
8. Households pollute water sources by ______ waste into ponds, lakes and rivers.
9. This month’s electricity bill is too high _____ the air conditioner is turned on all the time.
B. due to
D. because of
10. The government has come _______ a solution to the water problems of the city.
A. up to
B. up with
C. to with
D. on to
11. All the aquatic plants and animals will die if the factory _____ dumping poison into the lake.
A. will keep
B. to keep
12. A lot of fish has died recently because of the ________ water in this lake.
13. If the air were clean, we ______ have to wear masks when going out.
14. If I ______ you, I ______ water from that dirty tap.
A. am – will drink
B. am – won’t dink
C. were – would drink
D. were – wouldn’t drink
15. If he ________ trash around his garden, the garden would look very nice now.
A. will throw
B. would throw
C. didn’t throw
D. doesn’t throw
III. Give the correct form of the words given to complete the sentences.
16. Dumping ________ waste into the lakes and rivers has caused serious water pollution.
17. Many people in this area have cholera because they drink ________ water. TREAT
18. Examples of primary ________ are exhaust fumes from cars, soot from smoke and ash from volcanic eruption. POLLUTE
19. If we use water ________ , more people will have fresh water. CARE
20. The polluted water results in the ________ of many aquatic animals and plants. DIE
IV. Find a mistake in each sentence below and write the mistake in the space next to each
21. He worked in a noisy environment for a long time, because his hearing became worse. ____
22. We've decided to cancel our picnic because of it's forecasted to rain tomorrow. ____
23. Researchers haven't found out what has led in the pollution of the river. ____
24. Radiation may result to childhood cancer. ____
25. Water from power stations may cause water in rivers and lakes hotter. ____
V. Read the passage and fill in each blank with an appropriate word below.
There are many causes that lead (26) ______ water pollution. One main cause of this issue is waste water coming from many factories and then being directly pulled out into water bodies, especially into rivers or seas without any treatment (27) _______ this is the most convenient way of disposing waste water. Industrial waste consists of some kind of chemical (28) _______ such as sulphur, which is harmful for marine life. Lead is known as the main reason for cancer disease. Cancer (29) ______ a popular disease in several communes which is called “cancer villages”. Another cause is the awareness of citizens, people always use water for many purposes and then they dump waste water or garbage directly into rivers, canal, and ponds and so on. In 2004, because of bird flu outbreak in Vietnam, people threw poultry to water body that made water highly polluted. If people continue throwing rubbish into the river, our water environment (30)______ be so polluted that we don’t have any clean water to use.
|26. A. to||B. from||C. at||D. with|
|27. A. so||B. because||C. and||D. due to|
|28. A. pollution||B. substance||C. damage||D. death|
|29. A. become||B. became||C. has become||D. becoming|
|30. A. will||B. would||C. had||D. were|
VI. Read the passage and answer the questions.
The launch of Sputnik I and Yuri Gagarin, the first human being in space, marked the beginning of space exploration and the beginning of a new and unfamiliar type of pollution.
Satellites, solar panels, rocket bodies and fragments from space shuttles that are floating in space and are no longer functional are considered space debris. This pollution of man-made objects in space affects us here on Earth as well and will continue to affect us in future travel. In 1978, the Soviet Union Kosmos 954, which contained a nuclear power source, reentered over Canada and left debris over an area the size of Austria. In 1969, five Japanese sailors were injured by pieces of space debris that hit their ship. The largest piece, weighing one thousand pounds, landed in Australia in 1979.
Many solutions are being considered by scientists and engineers. However, the challenge to finding a solution lies within all of the nations which take part in space exploration.
31. What are some examples of space pollution?
32. What are the effects of space pollution?
33. What did Kosmos 954 cause to Canada?
34. Why were Japanese sailors injured in 1969?
35. Is it easy for all of the nations taking part in the space exploration to find solutions?
VII. Rewrite these sentences using the given word in order not to change the meaning.
36. All sounds are not noise. Noise is any sound that is unwanted and goes beyond its certain limit, for example, above 80 decibels. (because)
37. More and more noise is created by modern civilization. It has now become a major
environmental pollutant, especially in urban areas. (so)
38. Contamination in the air happens. There is acid rain which damages soil, vegetation and aquatic life of the region. (causes)
39. Water pollution gets more serious in the future. It affects the development of economy and
=> If __________________________________________________
40. The soil is poisoned because farmers use too many pesticides and herbicides. (If)
=> If __________________________________________________
|1 - A||2 - D||3 - C||4 - D||5 - B|
|6 - B||7 - D||8 - B||9 - A||10 - B|
|11 - D||12 - B||13 - A||14 - D||15 - C|
|16 - industrial||17 - untreated||18 - pollutants||19 - carefully||20 - death|
|21 - because||22 - because of||23 - in||24 - to||25 - cause|
|26 - A||27 - B||28 - B||29 - C||30 - A|
31. They are satellites, solar panels, rocket bodies and fragments from space shuttles that are
floating in space and are no longer functional.
32. This pollution of man-made objects in space affects us here on Earth as well and will continue to affect us in future travel.
33. It reentered over Canada and left debris over an area the size of Austria.
34. Because pieces of space debris hit their ship.
35. No, it isn’t.
36. All sounds are not noise because noise is any sound that is unwanted and goes beyond its certain limit, for example, above 80 decibels.
37. More and more noise is created by modern civilization so it has now become a major environmental pollutant, especially in urban areas.
38. Contamination in the air causes acid rain which damages soil, vegetation and aquatic life of the region.
39. water pollution gets more serious in the future, it will affect the development of economy and society.
40. farmers didn’t use too many pesticides and herbicides.
Or: farmers used fewer pesticides and herbicides, the soil wouldn’t be poisoned.
Trên đây là Đề thi tiếng Anh lần 1 học kì 2 lớp 8 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập tiếng Anh 8 cả năm khác như: Để học tốt Tiếng Anh lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 1 lớp 8, Đề thi học kì 2 lớp 8, Bài tập Tiếng Anh lớp 8 theo từng Unit trực tuyến, ... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.