Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 (3)
Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh năm 2019 (3) được sưu tầm và đăng tải dưới đây sẽ giúp bạn luyện tập hiệu quả trước khi bước vào kì thi quan trọng.
I. Complete the text with the correct form of going to.
How are you? (you/ come) 1___________ to my brother Brad's party on Sunday? (We/ have) 2__________ a great time! (Brad/ play) 3_______________ the guitar, so we can sing as well. (There/ be) 4__________ a competition for the best costume, so use your imagination! The only problem is that (we/ not stay) 5__________ very late, because Brad has an exam in the morning. Anyway, I hope you can come. (Mum and I/ send) 6__________ the invitations now!
II. Complete the dialogue with the correct form of will.
A. So what (you/do) 1__________________ when you finish school?
B. I'm not sure. First of all, (I/have) 2______________ a good holiday after all those exams! (It/ not be) 3__________ a very long holiday, because I don't have much money, but I need a rest. After that, (I/ start) 4___________ looking for a job.
A. (you/stay) 5_________________ here or go to another town?
B. (I/not stay) 6________________ here! There's no work in this town!
III. Put the words in the correct order to make questions.
1. do/ are/ to/ going/ you/ what _______________________________?
2. she/ time/ will/ what/ arrive _______________________________?
3. where/ live to/ going/ he/ is _______________________________?
4. will/ train/ you/ by/ travel _______________________________?
5. they/ anything/ to/ are/ buy/ going _______________________________?
6. will/ year/ do/ you/ what/ next _______________________________?
7. are/ with/ work/ to/ you/ who/ going _______________________________?
8. your/ think/ parents/ will/ what _______________________________?
IV. Complete the sentences with the correct job.
1. A m__________ works in a garage.
2. A s__________ works in the army.
3. An a__________ draws plans for buildings.
4. A w__________ works in a restaurant.
5. A j__________ works in a newspaper office.
6. A m__________ works in a concert hall.
7. A b__________ usually works outside and makes new buildings.
V. Complete sentences with the words below.
earn experience gap lessons team training voluntary
1. I'm planning to do ___________ work for old people at Christmas.
2. Andrea wants to do a/an ___________ course in nursing after she leaves school.
3. They need to get some work ___________, so they are helping at their father's garage.
4. I'll learn lots of useful skills in this job, but I won't ___________ much money.
5. Helen is taking computer programming ___________ at the local college.
6. Molly's going to lead a/an ___________ of volunteers in the city!
7. Is Mike going to take a/an ___________ year after school?
VI. Complete the dialogue.
A: Hello. Hotel Sweden. How can I help you?
B: I'd like to 1________ to Mrs Jones, please.
A: I'm 2__________ Mrs Jones isn't here at the 3_________. Can I 4_________ a message?
B: Yes, please. Could you ask her to call me 5_________?
A: And your 6__________ is?
B: Brendan Nunan.
USE OF ENGLISH
VII. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words in brackets.
1. ‘The lights aren’t working on the first floor.’ ‘OK, I _________ (CALL) an _________ (ELECTRIC) and ask them to fix the problem.
2. I want to be a human rights _________ (LAW), so I _________ (STUDY) for a law degree at university.
3. I want to be an _________ (ACT) after I leave school, because I’d love to work in the theatre and be in films, but my parents say that I _________ (FIND) a job very easily.
4. If you want to be an _________ (ART) you don’t need any special _________ (QUALIFY), but you usually need a lot of skill and talent.
5. I come from a farming family, but I don’t want to be a _________ (FARM). However, I’m very interested in the environment, so I’d like to do a job related to _________ (CONSERVE). Mark: ___/10
VIII. Listen to three telephone conversations. Choose the correct answer.
1. The caller's name is ___________.
A. T. J. Marshall
B. Nigel Bryson
C. Mrs Lincoln
2. Mrs Lincoln ___________ Nigel's phone number.
B. can't remember
C. asks for
3. Amanda Slade's phone number is___________.
A. 04662 857 631
B. 04462 871 316
C. 04662 875 361
4. Ben Hathaway ___________.
A. will be in a meeting all day
B. will not be back today
C. will be back before 1.30
5. Joe Harper wants _____________.
A. Hathaway's mobile phone number
B. Hathaway to call him back
C. to call Hathaway at 1.30
IX. Read the texts. A. PART-TIME HOTEL RECEPTIONIST
We are a large four-star hotel in the city centre. We are looking for a young person (age 16–20) to work part-time in reception, eight hours a day from Friday until Monday. Experience is not necessary because you will work with professional receptionists. Some computer skills are necessary for emails and Internet searches, but you will also learn how to use the hotel's own software. The most important thing is foreign languages. You should speak two European languages, and another language (e.g. Chinese, Russian or Arabic) will be an advantage. Hotel workers have special prices for the use of the gymnasium and swimming pool. Please apply in writing before 5th April.
B. WATER SPORTS INSTRUCTOR
We are looking for an instructor for all activities in our new swimming pools. This is a full-time job, five days a week (Monday to Friday), plus two weekends per month. You should have a sports-related degree, preferably including first aid, and at least one year's experience. If your ambition is a career in this kind of work, this is a good place to start, with the chance to work at one of 30 clubs in cities across Europe! If you work with us, you also get free use of the swimming pools on weekends when you are not working. You can work with experienced people, so you can learn a lot of useful new skills. Closing date for applications is 15th April.
X. Match the sentences 1–5 with the correct text (A or B).
1. You sometimes have to work on Saturday and Sunday. ___
2. You don't need to have any work experience before you start. ___
3. You must have the right training before you can apply. ___
4. You can travel to different countries with this job ___
5. You have to pay to use the swimming pool. ___
XI. Write an application letter (90–120 words) applying for a part-time job in a department store. Include the following paragraphs:
The name of the job and where you saw the advertisement.
Any work experience you already have.
Why you want the job and how you could help the company.
When you are available and what documents you are sending with the letter.
Trên đây, VnDoc.com đã gửi đến các bạn Đề ôn thi vào môn tiếng Anh lớp 10 cho các bạn luyện tập. Các bạn hãy tải về và thử sức để có kì thi đạt kết quả tốt nhất nhé. Ngoài ra, chúng tôi cũng xin gửi đến các bạn ôn tập từng mảng kiến thức cụ thể như chuyên đề Các thì, word form...rất hữu ích cho các bạn ôn tập. Chúc các bạn có kì thi hiệu quả!