Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018
Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh lớp 9
VnDoc.com xin giới thiệu đến các bạn Đề thi chọn học sinh giỏi lớp 9 cấp huyện môn tiếng Anh năm học 2017-2018 do VnDoc.com sưu tầm cà đăng tải dưới đây sẽ là nguồn tài liệu hữu ích giúp các bạn thử sức, kiểm tra trình độ bản thân, đồng thời cũng là nguồn tham khảo dành cho các bạn tham gia kì thi chọn học sinh giỏi. Chúc các bạn học tập tốt!
PART 1: LISTENING (5 POINTS)
I. PART 2: You will hear an interview with a woman called Rachel who is talking about the shows she puts on for children. For questions 1-4, choose the best answer. Listen to the recording TWICE. (0 points)
1. Before her children were born, Rachel worked as
A. an art teacher.
B. a painter.
C. an actor.
2. Who first thought of doing a show at a party?
A. Rachel’s husband.
B. Rachel’s children.
C. Rachel’s parents.
3. Rachel’s neighbor, Lena, helps by
A. making some dolls for the shows.
B. performing in the shows.
C. writing the music for the shows.
4. When Rachel did a play about a lion
A. the children laughed too much.
B. the children were frightened.
C. the children’s parents complained.
II. PART 3:You will hear a woman talking on the radio about an exhibition of food and cooking. For each question, fill in the missing information in the numbered space. (0 points)
The Good Food Show
At the Capital Exhibition Centre
At the show, you can
- buy Jane Adams’ new book about making (5) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- get advice about buying (6) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- watch how to cook a lunch just with (7) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- learn how to make a dessert in less than (8) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
- taste food from many different countries – the food from (9) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . is specially recommended.
The show finishes on (10) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
PART 2: GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY (5 POINTS)
I. Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tenses. (2 points)
I (11) (write) ……………. to you three weeks ago, asking about conditions of entry into your college. You replied, (12) (enclose) ……………. an enrolment form, which I (13) (fill up)……………. and returned without delay. Since then, however, I (14) (hear) ……………. nothing and I begin to wonder if my application (15) (go) ……………. astray. You please (16) (check) ……………. that you have received it and if you haven’t, please send me another enrolment form. If, on the other hands, you have received my application but (17) (not decide) ……………. whether to accept me as a student or not, I (18) (be) ……………. very grateful if you would tell me when I may expect to hear your decision. Finally, if my application (19) (already/ be)……………. refused, I would like to be informed as soon as possible because if I do not get into your college I (20) (have) ……………. to apply to another and the sooner I do this, the better chance I have of being accepted.
II. Fill in each blank with an appropriate preposition. (2 points)
21. Paul was ashamed ……………. himself after his unfair attack on his friend.
22. Let’s agree ……………. the best way to solve this problem.
23. John was angry ……………. Ann’s attitude towards the children.
24. Sheila was anxious ……………. her impending French test.
25. You must take all the tablets if you are to benefit ……………. them.
26. My teeth are very sensitive ……………. cold things such as ice-cream.
27. Carrots are rich ……………. vitamin A.
28. Sally was able to sympathise ……………. my situation as she’d been through something similar before.
29. I had to lean ……………. the wall as I felt as if I was going to faint.
30. The relationship ……………. a mother and her baby is a very special one.
III. Fill in the correct word derived from the words in bold. (1 point)
31. Trains run …………. throughout the day. FREQUENT
32. We picked a ……………. spot to sit and have our picnic. SCENE
33. They use very ……………. machinery in this factory. SOPHISTICATE
34. The company’s ……………. of shoes has doubled in the past year. PRODUCE
35. The new equipment they have ordered is ……………. advanced. TECHNOLOGY
PART 3: READING COMPREHENSION (5 POINTS)
I. Read the following passage and choose the best answer to each question. (2.5 points)
Two years ago, our 14-year-old son, Ben, asked us for a set of drums for his birthday. At first, we were very much against the idea because of the noise. “It’s better than watching television or playing computer games in my free time,” Ben argued, “and it’ll keep me out of trouble.” In the end we gave in. “All right.” we said, “but you must consider the rest of the family and the neighbours when you play.”
That was just the beginning. Because drums are not the easiest instruments to transport, the other members of Ben’s band started appearing at our home with their guitars and other electrical equipment. And so, for several hours a week, the house shakes to the noise of their instruments and their teenage singing.
At least Ben’s hobby has been good for our health: whenever the band start practicing, my husband and I go out for a long walk. And I must admit that, although their music may sound a little strange, they are a friendly and polite group of young men. I cannot judge their musical skill – after all I didn’t expect my parents’ generation to like the same music as I did when I was a teenager – but they do play regularly in local clubs for young people.
Our main worry is that they won’t spend enough time on their school work because of their musical activities, though this hasn’t happened yet. I am always stressing to Ben how important his studies are. But one thing is certain – Ben was right: it has kept him out of trouble and he is never bored.
36. What is the writer trying to do in this text?
A. complain about her son’s friends.
B. give advice to teenagers.
C. describe her son’s hobby.
D. compare herself with her parents .
37. Why did the writer give Ben the present he wanted?
A. She wanted to reward him for working hard.
B. He already had too many computer games.
C. She knew he would use it sensibly.
D. He persuaded her it would be a good idea.
38. Why do the band always practice at Ben’s house?
A. It is difficult for Ben to move his drums.
B. The neighbours don’t mind the noise.
C. Ben’s parents enjoy listening to them.
D. They can leave their equipment there.
39. What does the writer say about the band members?
A. Their influence on her son worries her.
B. Their taste in music is different from hers.
C. They play their instruments well.
D. They avoid any contact with her.
40. What might the writer say to her son?
A. Your teacher has just phoned. He wants to know why you weren’t at school today.
B. When are you playing at the club next? Dad and I would love to come along again.
C. If you don’t know what to do with yourself, there’s a good programme on the television in a few minutes .
D. Are you sure you’ve finished your homework? It’s more important than band practice.
Mời các bạn tiếp tục vào luyện tập một số đề sau đây để có sự chuẩn bị tốt nhất cho những kì thi quan trọng: