Đề thi giáo viên giỏi môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Lý Thái Tổ, Bắc Ninh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án
Đề thi giáo viên giỏi cấp trường môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Đề thi giáo viên giỏi môn Tiếng Anh trường THPT Lý Thái Tổ, Bắc Ninh năm học 2016 - 2017 có đáp án là tài liệu tham khảo hữu ích dành cho quý thầy cô giáo, giúp quý thầy cô giáo chuẩn bị trước kì thi một cách chủ động và hiệu quả.
SỞ GIÁO DỤC & ĐÀO TẠO
TRƯỜNG THPT LÝ THÁI TỔ
ĐỀ THI GIÁO VIÊN DẠY GIỎI CẤP TRƯỜNG
Năm học 2016 - 2017
Môn thi: Tiếng Anh
Ngày thi: 21/ 10/ 2016
Thời gian làm bài: 90 phút (không kể thời gian giao đề)
FULL NAME: ........................................................................
SECTION I. PHONETICS
Part 1. Find the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently. Circle the letter preceding the correct answer (A, B, C or D).
1. A. solar B. polar C. scholar D. molar
2. A. tsunami B. listen C. wrestling D. Christmas
3. A. champage B. chamber C. champers D. chanteuse
5. A. passage B. massage C. damage D. hostage
5. A. naked B. coughed C. hatred D. sacred
Part 2. Identify the word whose stress pattern is different from that of the other words in the same group. Circle the letter preceding the correct answer (A, B, C or D).
6. A. compensate
7. A. repudiate
8. A. discipline
9. A. Bulgaria
10. A. strategies
SECTION II: LEXICO – GRAMMAR.
Part 1. Choose the word or phrase that best completes each sentence. Circle the letter preceding the correct answer (A, B, C or D).
11. You will have to comply .............these rules or you'll lose your job.
A. to B. about C. for D. with
12. I am afraid a rise in salary is ................just now.
A. out of sight B. out of control C. out of date D. out of question
13. Nothing can grow in this poor .......................
A. surface B. grass C. ground D. soil
14. "How was your teaching job last winter?" "I regret ................ harder to help my students."
A. not tried B. not having tried
C. not to try D. not have tried
15. Not until ..................himself seriously ill
A. he had completed the task did he find B. had he completed the task did he find
C. he completed the task did he find D. did he completed the task he had found
16. I was just .....................to go out when you telephoned.
A. around B. about C. thinking D. planned
17. It is difficult to pay one's bill when prices keep ......................
A. rising B. growing C. gaining D. raising
18. ................drivers usually drive very slowly.
A. Practice B. Student C. Learning D. Learner
19. You ...................all those provisions. We're going for a weekend, not a month!
A. mustn't buy B. needn't buy
C. needn't have bought D. mustn't have bought
20. All things................., he is the best president we are likely to get.
A. thought B. taken C. added D. considered
21. Linda is married .................three children.
A. to B. at C. with D. of
22. Wasn't it you ................the door open?
A. to leave B. to have left C. who left D. that should leave
23. ....................with the size of the whole earth, the highest mountain do not seem high at all.
A. When compared B. Compare them
C. If you compare D. A comparison
24. On the table.......................
A. the disks lay B. lay the disks
C. did the disks lie D. lied the disks
25. As it was raining, Paul didn't....................like walking home.
A. fancy B. wish C. want D. feel
26. It's only a small lamp, so it doesn't ...................off much light.
A. cast B. spend C. give D. shed
27. The letter _________ me of the theft hadn't been signed.
A. to accuse B. accusing C. accused D. that accuse
28. I am not able to go anywhere this weekend because I am up to my __________ in work.
A. neck B. nose C. head D. eyes
29. Many lists of "Wonders of the World" ___________ during the Middle Ages.
A. said to be existed B. are said to exist
C. said to exist D. are said to have existed
30. "I feel really thirsty. Have you got anything to drink?"
A. Do you prefer some lemonade?
B. Do you take some lemonade?
C. Would you like some lemonade?
D. Could you have some lemonade?
31. "Who do you play tennis with?" ".........................."
A. My sister does B. My sister C. I do D. Every weekend
32. The police .................a good deal of criticism over their handling of the demonstration.
A. came in for B. brought about C. opened up D. went down with
33. Workers who do not obey the safety regulations will be _______ immediately.
A. refused B. rejected C. disapproved D. dismissed
34. Stars shine because of _______ produced by the nuclear reactions taking place within them.
A. the amount of light and heat is B. which the amount of light and heat
C. the amount of light and heat that it is D. the amount of light and heat
35. It is necessary that one ________ a lawyer before signing an important contract.
A. consulted B. consult C. consults D. has consulted
36. Can you see to these letters first, please? The others ________ answered immediately.
A. must be B. don't have to be C. mustn't be D. have to be
37. The train was ________ by a heavy snowfall.
A. held off B. held out C. held back D. held up
Part 3. Mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following sentences.
43. Oil exports account for nearly 80% of the country's foreign earnings.
A. money B. expenditure C. savings D. income
44. In the first two decades of its existence, the cinema developed rapidly.
A. shortly B. sluggishly C. leisurely D. weakly
Part 4. Mark the letter A,B,C or D on your answer sheet to indicate the word or phrase that is CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined part in each of the following sentences.
45. Since 1886, the Statue of Liberty has been one off the most famous monuments in America.
A. memorials B. places C. houses D. destinations
46. Without realizing it, John drove backwards into a lamp post.
A. reversed B. went ahead C. proceeded D. looked forward
SECTION III. READING.
Part 1. Read the following passage and circle the letter preceding the correct answer (A, B, C, or D) which best fits each gap.
Voluntary work is work that you do not get paid for and usually involves in doing things to help other people, especially the elderly or the sick. or working on (47)__________of a charity or similar organization. Most charitable organizations rely on unpaid volunteers, and thousands of Americans and British people give many hours of their time to doing some form of social work or organizing - fund raising events to support the work. Volunteering is especially popular in the US and the reasons this may be found in (48)__________American values such as the Protestant work ethic, the idea that work improves the person who does it, and the belief that people can change their (49)__________if they try hard enough.
In the US young people over 18 can take part in AmeriCorps, a government programme that (50)__________them to work as volunteers for a period of time, with the (51)__________of help in paying for their education later. Older Americans who do not work may spend much of their free time volunteering.
In Britain a lot of voluntary work is directed towards supporting the country's social services. The WRVS and other organizations run a meals- on- wheels service in many parts of Britain, (52)__________hot food for old people who are (53)__________to cook for themselves. The nationwide Citizens Advice Bureau, which offers free advice to the public (54)__________a wide range of issues, is run (55)__________by volunteers, and the Blood Transfusion Service relies on voluntary blood donors to give blood for use in hospitals. Political parties use volunteers at election time, and Churches depend on volunteers to (56) ___________ buildings clean.
47. A. behalf B. basic C. account D. ground
48. A. basic B. primary C. top D. essential
49. A. standard B. nature C. condition D. appearance
50. A. commissions B. guides C. encourages D. engages
51. A. function B. reply C. favour D. promise
52. A. serving B. providing C. selling D. offering
53. A. incapable B. unable C. enabled D. offering
54. A. on B. with C. for D. through
55. A. equally B. mainly C. substantially D. frequently
56. A. stay B. get C. help D. keep