Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh năm 2012 trường THPT Gia Lộc, Hải Dương (Lần 3)
Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh có đáp án
Trong bài viết này, VnDoc xin giới thiệu Đề thi thử Đại học môn Tiếng Anh năm 2012 trường THPT Gia Lộc, Hải Dương (Lần 3) có kèm đáp án chi tiết cùng với nhiều dạng bài tập hay giúp các em học sinh ôn thi hiệu quả. Sau đây mời các em cùng thử sức nhé!
SỞ GD&ĐT HẢI DƯƠNG
TRƯỜNG THPT GIA LỘC
ĐỀ THI THỬ ĐẠI HỌC LẦN 3 NĂM 2011-2012
Môn: TIẾNG ANH
Thời gian làm bài: 90 phút (không tính thời gian giao đề)
Đề gồm có 06 trang - Số câu trắc nghiệm: 80
I. Read the text below and decide which answer (A, B, C, or D) best fits each place.
The Prime Minister's comments yesterday on education spending miss the point, as the secondary education system also needs a major overhaul. Firstly, the system only views the weakest learners as having special _____ (1). The highest and most _____ (2) students are not encouraged to develop to their full potential. Secondly, there's too much testing and not enough learning. My fifteen- year-old daughter, for example, has just spent the last month or so _____ (3) for exams. These aren't real, important exams, as her GCSEs will be next year. They're just _____ (4) exams. Is the work she's been doing really going to make her more _____ (5) about her subjects, or will she forget it all tomorrow? I expect the latter. Thirdly, the standard _____ (6) doesn't give students any _____ (7) in developing practical work-related, living and social skills, or in skills necessary for higher education. How many students entering university have the first idea what the difference is between _____ (8) someone else's work and making good use of someone else's ideas? Should they have been taught this at school? How many of them are really able to go about ___ (9)-a skill that is essential at university because there are no teachers to tell you what to do-in an
efficient way? In deed how many students _____ (10) from university totally unable to spell even simple English words correctly? The system is letting our children down.
1. A. requests B. desires C. needs D. wants
2. A. inattentive B. ignorant C. intensive D. conscientious
3. A. cramming B. lecturing C. reading D. practising
4. A. false B. mock C. fake D. artificial
5. A. knowledgeable B. intellectual C. academic D. intelligent
6. A. timetable B. lecture C. seminar D. curriculum
7. A. lesson B. subject C. tuition D. turorial
8. A. writing B. going over C. plagiarising D. repeating
9. A. reviewing B. revision C. distance learning D. self-study
10. A. quality B. graduate C. depart D. exist
II.Choose the most appropriate way to make a meaningful sentence from the words given.
11.One thing/ I/ know/ would not like/ have / occupy/ anyhting/ do/ physics/ chemistry/ maths.
A. One thing I know is that I would not like to have occupied anything to do with physics, chemistry or maths.
B. One thing I know is that I would not like to have occupied anything to do with physics, chemistry and maths.
C. One thing I know is that I would not like to have an occupation that has anything to do with physics, chemistry or maths.
D. One thing I know I would not like is to have an occupation that has anything to do with physics, chemistry or maths.
12. I/ not particular/ concern/ become/ rich
A. I am not a particular in concern about becoming rich.
B. I am not particularly concerned about becoming rich.
C. I am not particularly concerned with becoming rich.
D. I am not particularly concerning of becoming rich.
13. Alice/move/ new house/ have/ house-warming party/ next Sunday.
A. Alice has moved to her new house and is going to have a house-warming party next Sunday.
B. Alice has moved to new house and is going to have a house-warming party next Sunday.
C. Alice moved to her new house and will have a house-warming party next Sunday.
D. Alice will move to her new house and will have a house-warming party next Sunday.
III. Choose the sentence that is closest in meaning with the origional one.
14. Sarah did so well in the dance-sports contest that she couldhave won the first prize.
A. Sarah performed very well in the dance-sports contest and she won the first prize.
B. If Sarah performed well in the dance-sports contest, she could have won the first prize.
C. Sarah didn't win the first prize although sheperformed very well in the dance-sports contest.
D. Sarah didn't perform very well in the dance-sports contest , so she didn't win the first prize.
15. The children are looking forward to getting new clothes for New Year.
A. The children are ex pecting to get new clothes as New Year gifts.
B. The children want to wear new clothes as New Year gifts.
C. The children are lookng for new clothes as New Year gifts.
D. The children are getting dressed in new clothes for New Year.
IV. Choose one word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
16. A. discussion B. television C. revision D. decision
17. A. rhinoceros B. livelihood C. dishonest D. heiress
V. Choose one word whose stresspattern is different from the others.
18. A. confidential B. communicate C. residential D. malnutrition
19. A. understand B. magazine C. volunteer D. comfortable
20. A. exploitation B. commercial C. diversity D. additional
VI. Choose the most appropriate answer to complete the sentences.
21. Vegetables that are eaten raw, such as lettuce, may be ______ by bacteria in soil, water, and dust during washing and packing.
A. purified B. flourished C. hygienic D. contaminated
22. Many rare animals, such as tigers, elephants and pandas, are ______ becoming extinct.
A. in terms of B. with respect to C. on the verge of D. in relation to
23. No-one can decline the ______ of the Alaskan wilderness.
A. breath-taken view B. breath-taking view
C. breath-to-take view D. breath-taking scene
24. -"Have you ever thought of putting an advertisement in the local paper?" -" ______ "
A. No, never. B. Yes, I have. C. Sounds good to me. D. Yes, I think so.
25. -"If I were in your shoes, I would consider taking an undergraduate course abroad." _-" ________ "
A. Thanks, anyway. B. Yes, I would. C. I don't think so. D. Yes, you are all right.
26. In economics, "diminishing returns" describes ______ resource inputs and production.
A. among B. when it is C. among them D. the relationship between
27. Rarely _____ remove the entire root of a dandelion because of its length and sturdiness.
A. can the casual gardener B. the casual gardener
C. the casual gardener will D. does the casual gardener's
28. The flight instructor, _____ at the air base, said that orders not to fight had been given.
A. when interviewed B. when his interview C. when interviewing D. when he interviewed
29. Nowhere _____ more skewed than in the auto-industry.
A. that retail trade figures B. retail trade figures
C. are retail trade figures D. do retail trade figures
30."Would you like me to carry that heavy box for you?" -" _____ "
A. Don't look at me B. No, let's not. C. I'd love to , but ... D. That won't be necessary.
31.The old castle has been _____ and it is now a luxury hotel in the centre of the city that attracts tourists from all over the world.
A. transformed B. rebuilt C. remade D. recontructed
32. It's only the beginning of summer, but the weather is _____ that a large number of people got sick.
A. such disagreeable B. so disagreeable C. so agreeable D. too disagreeable
33.______ you send in your tax forms, ______ you will receive your refund.
A. The earliest/ the soonest B. The soonest/ the earliest
C. The sooner/ the earlier D. The earlier/ the sooner
34.The man said that if he ______ the Prime Minister now, he ______ something about the economy.
A. had been/ would have done B. were/ would do
C. is/ will do D. had been/ woulddo
35. I'm happy to have a friend like Mary. She used to ______ when I was in New York.
A. put me up B. put up me C. put me down D. put down me
36."Would you be able to join our expedition next Sunday?" -"_____ "
A. All right, I'd like to. B. Yes, please. C. No, I wouldn't. D. That's worth a try.
37.Drivers must drive carefully on a road that is full of _____ .
A. angles B. bends C. corners D. winding
38. The Dewey decimal system, currently used in libraries throughout the world, _____ all written works into ten classes according to subject.
A. deviding B. it would divide C. divides D. was divided
39.We ______ our laptop when we went on hliday. The hotel had free internet access.
A. shouldn't have taken B. must have taken
C. can't have taken D. needn't have taken
40.I had my wallet stolen. I _____ it on the desk in the classroom.
A. ought have left B. was left C. had better leave D. shouldn't have left