Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh chuyên trường THPT Hà Nội - Amsterdam
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 Tiếng Anh chuyên trường Hà Nội - Amsterdam
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh chuyên trường Hà Nội - Amsterdam có đáp án là đề thi thử vừa được tổ chức tại trường Hà Nội - Amsterdam. Đề thi có cấu trúc và độ khó tương đương đề thi thật của trường. Sau khi các bạn học sinh làm thử đề thi có thể kiểm tra đáp án, từ đó có hướng ôn tập tốt nhất.
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others in each group. (5 pts.)
1. A. Cave B. Have C. Behave D. Pave ___
2. A. Receipt B. Recall C. Recollect D. Recover ___
3. A. Card B. Heard C. Hearth D. Heart ___
4. A. Abuse B. Refuse C. Fuss D. Future ___
5. A. Adventure B. Future C. Mature D. Figure ___
II. Choose the word whose main stressed syllable is placed differently from that of the others in the list. (5 pts.)
1. A. Admirable B. Accessible C. Compatible D. respiratory ____
2. A. Humane B. Unite C. Colleague D. canteen ____
3. A. Descent B. Dissent C. Discontent D. content ____
4. A. Eradicate B. Kilometer C. Characterize D. communism ____
5. A. Technical B. Origin C. Agriculture D. cathedral ____
PART B: LEXICO AND GRAMMAR
I. Choose the best answer to complete each of the following sentences. Write your answer (A, B, C or D) in the box provided. (15 pts.)
1. A number of oil tankers have been laid ……………. recently.
A. on B. down C. up D. in
2. The inscription on the tombstone had been worn ………by the weather and could scarcely be read.
A. away B. off C. out D. on
3. ………………second thoughts, I’d rather not go out tonight.
A. With B. In C. On D. Under
4. The new hairdryer does not comply ………………British safety standard.
A. to B. with C. against D. on
5. Many books were not available to the public because of government ……………….. .
A. omission B. inhibition C. compensation D. censorship
6. The woman accused of shoplifting was found not guilty and was …………………. .
A. excused B. liberated C. acquitted D. interned
7. He is a(n) …………….authority on the subject.
A. prominent B. expert C. eminent D. quality
8. My car was so old that I could only sell it for ……………… .
A. rubbish B. scrap C. debris D. waste
9. Not only ………………in the project, but he also wanted to become the leader.
A. did Jack involve B. had Jack been involved
C. was Jack involved D. Jack was involved
10. I felt a bit ……………..and seemed to have more aches and pains than usual.
A. out of sorts B. on the mend
C. over the worst D. under the fevers
11. The school was closed for a month because of a serious ……………of fever.
A. outcome B. outburst C. outset D. outbreak
12. I don’t think he’s ever been there, ……………….. ?
A. do I B. has he C. have I D. hasn’t he
13. They had a four-day holiday, then began work ……………….
A. on end B. out of bounds C. in proportions D. in earnest
14. He is a tough politician – he knows how to ……………..the storm.
A. run down B. keep up C. ride out D. push back
15. On entering the nursery I stumbled on the wooden blocks ………………..all over the carpet.
A. plunged B. scattered C. settled D. tossed
II. Fill in the blank with a suitable noun to form the idiomatic expression. Write your answer in the box provided. (5 pts.)
1. I’d like to take ______________ of this opportunity to explain the difficulty I’ve met.
2. She decided to set _____________ to these letters because they weren’t necessary.
3. Don’t have ____________ in what he says. He is a liar.
4. For generations our people got ___________ over many enemies and drove them away.
5. He left home without taking ______________ of anybody.
III. Give the correct form of the word given in parentheses. Write your answer in the box provided. (10 pts.)
1. The attack in the city center last night (example) the kind of behavior amongst young people that many object to.
2. This matter is very (confidence). Don’t discuss it outside the office.
3. You shouldn’t interrupt someone in (sentence).
4. I want to make sure all my (depend) will be financially secure if I’m incapacitated in any way.
5. There was a heavy (pour) yesterday afternoon which completely ruined the church Garden Party.
6. There is a risk factor with all medication, but honestly the risk with this particular drug is (neglect).
7. A (dominate) friend is one who likes power.
8. Suddenly without (provoke), the dog sank its teeth into my leg.
9. Street-fights are an everyday (occur) in this area of the city.
10. I really believe that it would be a major mistake to (crime) any drugs that are currently illegal.
IV. Match the verb in box A with the word(s) in box B to form a phrasal verb, and then fill it in each blank to complete the sentence. Be sure to use the correct verb tense and form. Write your answer in the box provided. (5 pts.)
A put, apprise, go, crease, stem, fall, pull, center, brood, carry
B from, over, away, off, on, of, up, back on, through, in for
1. The problem ____________________________ the government’s lack of action.
2. The argument is_____________________________ whether or not to lower the age limit.
3. Don’t waste time _____________________________ your past failures.
4. I’m afraid there is no milk left; we have to ______________________ dried milk for our tea.
5. Tom got ___________________________ by the music and wouldn’t stop singing.
6. I’m going to stay at university and try to ____________________ getting a job for a few years.
7. Her husband has been ____________________________ the good news about their son.
8. She swims so well that she really should ___________________________ the competition.
9. I almost _____________ when I heard Tim was going to be playing Romeo in the school play.
10. He is in a critical condition in hospital, so we’re all praying he’ll ______________________.
V. Underline ten mistakes in the following sentences and correct them. Write the correction in the box provided. (5 pts.)
1. Neither of the scout leaders know how to trap wild animals or how to prepare them for mounting.
2. At the start of the seminar, they gave us a number of handouts and a little nice folder to keep them all in.
3. Stephen Crane’s story is a clinical portrayal of a man as an animal trapped by the fear and hunger.
4. Time is precious. Let us do the most of it to enrich our knowledge.
5. Nora hardly never misses an opportunity to play in the tennis tournaments.
6. Because of the snow storm and the road blocks, the air force dropped food close the city.
7. They asked me what did happen last night, but I was unable to tell them.
8. Our new neighbors had been living in Arizona for ten years before moved to their present house.
9. Air pollution, together with littering, are causing many problems in our large, industrial cities today.
10. When I entered the room, I found my younger brother stand on the kitchen table.
I. (5 pts.) 1. B 2. A 3. B 4. C 5. C
II. (5 pts.) 1. A 2. C 3. C 4. A 5. D
I. (15 pts.)
1. C 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. D 6. C 7. C 8. B
9. C 10. A 11. D 12. B 13. D 14.C 15.B XXX
II. (5 pts.)
1. advantage 2. fire 3. faith 4. victory 5. leave
III. (10 pts.)
1. exemplified/exemplifies 2. confidential 3. mid-sentence
4. dependants 5. down-pour 6. negligible
7. domineering 8. provocation 9. occurrence
IV. (5 pts.)
1. Stems/ Stemmed from 2. centered on
3. brooding over 4. fall back on
5. carried away 6. put off
7. apprising/ apprised of 8. go in for
9. creased up 10. pull through
V. (5 pts.)
1. know => knows 2. little nice => nice little
3. the fear => fear 4. do => make
5. never => ever 6. close => close to
7. what did happen => what happened 8. moved => they moved ormoving
9. are => is 10. stand => standing
I. (14 pts.)
1. D 2. B 3. A 4. B 5. B 6. C 7. A
8. B 9. D 10. C 11. A 12. C 13. B 14. A
II. (8 pts.)
1 - D 2 – K 3 - L 4 - A 5 - B 6 - I 7 - E 8 - G
I. (8 pts.)
1. I can’t make head or tail of this document.
2. Erika made no reference to her illness.
3. Did anything about his behavior strike you as (being) unusual?
4. Being caught in the act of driving a stolen car, he was arrested.
5. She definitely came up to their expectations.
6. Tony wasn’t in the mood/ was in no mood to dance/ for dancing that night.
7. You’re in for a treat tonight!
8. What do you think gives you the right to criticize me like that?
1. Content: 10 pts - a provision of all main idea sand details as appropriate.
2. Language: 5pts – a variety of vocabulary and structures
3. Presentation: 5pts – coherence, cohesion, and style…
Trên đây là Đề tiếng Anh thi vào 10 trường THPT Chuyên Hà Nội Amsterdam năm 2021 có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn thi vào lớp 10 năm 2021 các môn học khác như: ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Toán, ôn thi vào lớp 10 môn Văn, ... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.