Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh điều kiện THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ năm 2015 - 2016 (lần 3)
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ
Đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh điều kiện THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ năm 2015 - 2016 (lần 3) được VnDoc sưu tầm có đáp án đi kèm, giúp các bạn học sinh muốn thi vào THPT Chuyên chủ động ôn tập và đạt hiệu quả cao. Mời các bạn cùng tham khảo và tải về.
TRƯỜNG THPT CHUYÊN
KỲ THI TUYỂN SINH VÀO LỚP 10 THPT CHUYÊN
NĂM HỌC 2015 – 2016
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH (ĐIỀU KIỆN)
Ngày thi: 19 tháng 4 năm 2015
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút
PART ONE: PHONETICS – GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY
I. Questions 1 - 5: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others by circling A, B, C or D and write your answers into the box below. (5 pts)
1. A. Kicked B. Fixed C. Pleased D. Missed
2. A. Ring B. Benefit C. Wander D. Wonderful
3. A. Amount B. Count C. Mountain D. Course
4. A. Reasonable B. Threaten C. Release D. Keenness
5. A. Cities B. Workers C. Series D. Satellites
1. _______ 2. ________ 3. ________ 4. _________ 5. ____________
II. Questions 6 - 20: Circle the best option A, B, C or D to complete each of the following sentences and write your answers into the box below. (15 pts)
6. That famous book _______ of five chapters.
A. comprises B. makes C. has D. consists
7. Composing more than 40 per cent of the diet, fats are _______ by the body for energy.
A. using specifically B. used specifically C. the specific use D. specific use
8. _______ along the street, he met a pretty girl.
A. To walk B. Walking C. Walked D. Walk
9. I _______ a brief moment of panic.
A. received B. felt C. experienced D. took
10. We’ll play tennis and _______ we’ll have lunch.
A. so B. so that C. then D. after
11. Many of the students like to take _______ in the games, not only to watch them.
A. practice B. place C. exercice D. part
12. I wouldn’t like to have _______ a snake or a spider as a pet.
A. neither B. both C. nor D. either
13. I didn’t _______ her as she was wearing a blond wig.
A. perceive B. know C. realize D. recognize
14. Women's Aid is a UK charity _______ aim is to end domestic violence against women and children.
A. who B. whose C. which D. whom
15. Do you _______ my turning the television on now?
A. want B. object C. mind D. disapprove
16. Nothing is wrong, _______?
A. is it B. are they C. isn’t it D. aren’t they
17. A newborn baby can neither walk nor crawl. A newborn antelope, _______, can run within minutes of birth.
A. however B. nevertheless C. otherwise D. even though
18. Passover is also an _______ spring festival.
A. ancient B. anxious C. annual D. official
19. Unfortunately, they _______ having stolen my car.
A. promised B. refused C. denied D. decided
20. Lola is marrying a man _______.
A. that she hardly knows him B. whom she hardly knows him
C. she hardly knows D. she hardly knows him
III. Questions 21 - 30: Use the correct form of the words in brackets to complete sentences and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
21. Sorry about the mistakes, I _______ the instruction you gave me. (UNDERSTAND)
22. It is very hard for us to understand his explanation. It is _______. (LOGIC)
23. The whole country is trying to get rid of _______. (POOR)
24. English is a _______ easy language for Swedes to learn. (COMPARE)
25. One of the _______ of the Internet is personal information leaking. (LIMIT)
26. My teacher _______ me to take this exam. (COURAGE)
27. It was very _______ of you to break that coffee cup. (CARE)
28. _______, the Ao dai was frequently worn by both men and women. (TRADITION)
29. The Internet has _______ developed and become part of our everyday life. (INCREASE)
30. Easter is a _______ festival which is celebrated in many countries. (JOY)
IV. Questions 31 - 40: Put the verbs in brackets into the correct form or tense and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
- Mary (31. not wear) _______ her glasses at that time, so she (32. not notice) _______ what kind of car the man (33. drive) _______.
- He said that he (34. not allow) _______ (35. enter) _______the examination room because he was late.
- We will be away for 2 weeks on vacation. I will ask the postman (36. stop) _______ (37. deliver) _______ our mail until the 20th.
- This is the first time I (38. read) _______ a novel (39. write) _______ by an American novelist.
- _______ (40. write) the letter, she put it carefully in an envelope.
V. Questions 41 - 50: Fill the gap in each sentence with a suitable phrasal verb from the box. Write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
look back take off bring along put off call on
look after suck up cheer up clear up go on
41. My little son is learning how to _______ his shoes.
42. Please fasten your seat - belt. The plane is going to _______.
43. Why are you so miserable? _______! It's not the end of the world.
44. John, would you _______ my handbag while I go to the ticket - box?
45. When I'm eighty, I'll _______ my life and realize what a mess I have made of it.
46. I would suggest that we should ______ all the trash on the ground before leaving the camp site.
47. If we _______ wasting water, there will be a shortage of fresh water in a few decades.
48. "Don't forget to _______ a rain coat, it is going to rain." My mother said.
49. Tornadoes can _______ anything that is in their path.
50. We all need friends whom we can _______ when we are in trouble.
PART TWO: READING
I. Questions 51 - 60: Read the passage carefully, then fill in each blank with ONE suitable word and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
It's a marvelous idea for children to (51) _______ some cooking at an early age. General speaking, most children can't wait to help the kitchen and love getting involved in the (52) _______ for their meals. They should be encouraged to do so, and care should be (53) _______ to ensure they enjoy the experience. It is important to show them how to do things correctly but they shouldn't be criticized (54) _______ much. Although the finished result may not be quite perfect to your liking, the young cook will undoubtedly find (55) _______ the tastiest food he or she has (56) _______ eaten.
Kitchens can, of course, be (57) _______ places and so the absolute importance of (58) _______ an eye on children at all times cannot be emphasized too heavily. Sharp knives, for (59) _______, should be avoided until children are old (60) _______ to handle them safely.
II. Questions 61 - 70: Read the text below and decide which answer A, B, C or D best fits each space and write your answers into the box below. (10 pts)
Water is one of our most precious resources; put it simply, without water there would be no life. Unfortunately, many of us seem to have (61) _______ this fact, and as a result the world is (62) _______ the danger of running (63) _______ water. The actual (64) _______ of water on earth has changed little since the time of dinosaurs. The problem has been (65) _______ by people's misuse of our water supply. This not only means that we have polluted our rivers and seas, but also that we are (66) _______ a great deal of this precious resource. Unfortunately the destruction of the rain forests has (67) _______ this problem worse since much of the rain that falls is lost because it runs off into the sea. The population of the earth is increasing daily, so it is vital that we (68) _______ a solution to this problem before it is too late. The first step is to educate people, especially by reminding them of the (69) _______ of water. For most of us it is available whenever we require it, whether to bathe in or to drink, so we seldom bother to think about it. People then need to be thought how to reuse bath or shower for household cleaning. Whatever methods we decide to use, we must comprehend the worth of water and (70) _______ we can conserve it.
61. A. looked over B. omitted C. forgotten D. missed
62. A. facing B. witnessing C. viewing D. noticing
63. A. out of B. into C. off D. away with
64. A. sum B. total C. number D. amount
65. A. brought out B. caused C. done D. happened
66. A. exploiting B. wasting C. spending D. throwing
67. A. caused B. done C. created D. made
68. A. recover B. work C. find D. come up
69. A. value B. cost C. price D. wealth
70. A. what B. how C. where D. when
Đáp án đề thi thử vào lớp 10 môn Tiếng Anh THPT Chuyên Nguyễn Huệ
Tổng điểm toàn bài: 100 (Thang điểm cuối cùng = 10)
- Từ câu 1 - 80 = 1 điểm/câu
- Từ câu 81 - 100 = 2 điểm/câu
PART ONE: PHONETICS – GRAMMAR & VOCABULARY
I. Questions 1 - 5:
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. D
II. Questions 6 - 20:
6. D 7. B 8. B 9. C 10. C
11. D 12. D 13. D 14. B 15. C
16. A 17. A 18. A 19. C 20. C
III. Questions 21 - 30:
21. misunderstood 22. illogical 23. poverty 24. comparatively 25. limitations
26. encouraged 27. careless 28. Traditionally 29. increasingly 30. joyful
IV. Questions 31 - 40:
31. wasn’t wearing 32. didn’t notice 33. was driving 34. wasn’t allowed 35. to enter
36. to stop 37. delivering 38. have read 39. written 40. Having written
V. Questions 41 - 50:
41. put off 42. take off 43. Cheer up 44. look after 45. look back
46. clear up 47. go on 48. bring along 49. suck up 50. call on
PART TWO: READING
I. Questions 51 - 60:
51. do 52. preparation 53. taken 54. too 55. it
56. ever 57. dangerous 58. keeping 59. example/ instance 60. enough
II. Questions 61 - 70
61. C 62. A 63. A 64. D 65. B
66. B 67. D 68. C 69. A 70. B
III. Questions 71 - 75:
71. B 72. B 73. A 74. D 75. C
PART THREE: WRITING
I. Questions 76 - 80:
76. B 77. D 78. A 79. C 80. C
II. Questions 81 - 90:
81 - 82. After three hours traveling by boat, we got to the main island. / We got to the main island after three hours traveling by boat.
83 - 84. I am interested in learning English and I would like some information about your language centre.
85 - 86. We wanted to see the President clearly so we stood in the front line.
87 - 88. Many people go to mountain resorts to have some rest after a hard - working week.
89 - 90. Solar panels are installed on the roof of a house to receive the energy from the sun.
III. Questions 91 - 100:
91 - 92. His illness made it impossible for him to work effectively. / His illness made him impossible to work effectively.
93 - 94. Are you interested in joining our local drama group?
95 - 96. I was on the point of going out for dinner when he phoned.
97 - 98. Would you prefer me to stay with you during the holidays?
99 - 100. We all enjoyed the trip in spite of the continuous rain. / In spite of the continuous rain we all enjoyed the trip.