Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10: Life on other planets - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10: Life on other planets - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A/ Aims: Reading a text about UFOs for details to complete the notes.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to talk about UFOs with basic information received through discussion and the reading.
C/ Teaching aids: Text book, picture and posters about UFOs and cassette
* Getting started - Question and answer
- Explicit the meaning of UFOs = Unidentified Flying Object.
- Ask Students to work in pairs and discuss the following questions
1. Have you ever heard of UFOs?
2. Do you think they really exist?
3. Have you ever seen any films on UFOs?
4. What are they about?
5. What do you want to know about UFOs?
6. If you saw a UFOs, what would you do?
=> Gather their ideas and provide some facts about UFOs - Lead in the new lesson.
1. Vocabulary pre- teach:
Introduce the aims of the lesson and some new words to Students:
- Meteor (n): small mass of matter from outer space entering atmosphere: sao băng
- sighting ( n): act of seeing: sự trông thấy
- alien (n) person from another world: người ngoài trái đất
- sample (n): example, demonstration:mẫu
- spacecraft (n): craft for traveling in outer space;đĩa bay
- egg-shaped (a): being looked like and egg:hình quả trứng
- plate – like (a): having features and physical appearance like a plate: hình đĩa
- Treetop (n): the uppermost part of a tree.
* Checking technique: What and where
- Remark and set the scene of the text: “ UFOs are strange flying objects that some people report that have seen in the sky and believed to be spacecraft from another planet. Mane scientists do not believe, so they say that if people see a UFO, it might be an aircraft, a weather balloon,a meteor. However, there is still evidence for people to believe in the existence of UFOs.
2. Finding contextual meanings of the words:
- Ask Students to work individually and find the words in the text having meanings as in the book instructed.
- Call on some Students to read their answers in front of class loudly.
- Feedback and give correct answers:
1. Evidence (roof, support)
2. Meteor (falling star or shooting star)
3. Aliens (unknown / strange people or things.)
4. Collecting (bringing together or gathering)
5. Captured (caught as prisoner)
6. Disappeared (became impossible to see)
* Ask Ss to read the text aloud
- Listen and correct pronunciation.
3. Completing the notes:
- Ask Students to practice reading the text and doing the exercise.
- Call on some Students to report in the front.
- Give correct answers:
a. An aircraft, a weather balloon or a meteor …..
b. …..nine large round objects traveling at about 2,800 meters an hour.
c. 1,500 sightings ….d. …..a UFO above their …..
e. an egg-shaped object in one of his fields and also aliens collecting soil samples ….
f. ….. Claimed they were captured by aliens and taken aboard a spacecraft.
g, and his plane disappeared after sighting a UFO.
h, …. that he saw a plate –like device at a treetop 30 meters away…
- Give feedback: 1.c,2.e, 3.a, 4.b 5.f 6. d
1. Summarize main points
2. Rewrite the exercises in their notebooks.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
- Listen and copy.
- Work in pairs to answer the questions
- Demonstrate in the front.
- Listen carefully.
- Listen and repeat in chorus individually.
- Guess its meanings and give examples.
- Copy down.
- Play games.
- Listen carefully
-Work individually and compare their answers with their friends.
(Guess the meaning of the words in the context of the passage)
- Report their answers and explain their answers.
- Read it aloud
- Work in pairs and read the passage again to complete the notes.
- report in front of class.
- Copy down
Work in group to do the matching
- Report their answers in front of class.
- Write down