Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10: Life on other planets - Lesson 5
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 10: Life on other planets - Lesson 5 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
Writing an exposition about the existence of UFOs.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to know how to write an argumentative exposition, using the right format and language structures.
C/ Teaching aids: Text book, chalk, board
III.While - writing
IV.Post - writing
Instruct the game:
- Call on some Ss to report.
- Remark and give possible answers:
+ Father Christmas
+ Bill Clinton
+ Michael Jackson
+ Renaldo ………….
- Explain the definition of an argumentative writing and ask Ss to repeat the form of An argumentative writing.
+ An argumentative writing should basically consist of three parts: Introduction, Body, and conclusion.
* Implicit the outline and the function of three main part through Matching exercise.
- Call on some Ss to repeat the results and explain their functions.
- Give correct answers:
+ Introduction –ii
+ Body – iii
+ Conclusion – i
- Tell Ss to practice reading the dialogue.
Call on some pairs to practice in front of class.
- Remark and ask them to use Ba,s opinions in the dialogue to write an exposition.
(Go around the class and pick up some typical writings to read aloud and have some necessary corrections.)
1. Give suggested answers
(Using subordinate board)
- Call on some Ss to read the suggested loudly.
Ask Ss to practice in pairs and introduce Cross Check (students correct for each other)
- Note: Comment and point out the most common mistakes that Ss make in their writing. Suggest the ways that Ss can avoid those mistakes in their later writing practices.
- Call on some Ss to read their writings aloud.
- Correct mistakes if necessary.
1. Summarize main points.
2. Do the exercises in workbook.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
- Work in groups to demonstrate in the front.
- Listen and repeat the definition of an argumentative writing.
- Copy down.
- Do the matching exercise
- Report their results.
- Write in their notebooks.
- Practice in pairs.
- Read the dialogue aloud.
- Work individually
Read their writings aloud
- Compare their writings with the suggested answers
- Read them aloud.
- Work in pairs.
- Read their writings aloud
- Listen and copy down.