Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Clothing - Lesson 4
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 2: Clothing - Lesson 4 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A. The aims: To read the text for details
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, students will be able to know about basic knowledge and information about history of Jeans through words or phrasal words: made from, named after, embroidered jeans and painted jeans
C/ Language content:
- Vocab: made from, named after, embroidered jeans and painted jeans, Style Label, Out of fashion, Generation
- Grammar: The passive voice.
D/ Teaching aids: Textbook, chalk, cassette and some pictures of jeans.
I / Warm up: Shark’s attack
- Cut out a shark and a school boy/ girl from card.
- Draw some steps, then stick the cut out boy/ girl on the top of the steps, the shark is in the sea.
- Draw 5 gaps for the word JEANS.
- Ask students as a whole class for a letter in the alphabet. They have to try to guess is right, they will get one mark. The game continues until Ss finds out the word JEANS and the shark can’t eat the boy/ girl.
- Call on some students to demonstrate.
- Remark and lead in the new lesson
II / Pre reading:
- Introduce: We have discussed about jeans. In today, reading, we will learn more about brief history of jeans and its convenience.
- Present some new words by doing the exercise: Matching
- Call on some students to read the results aloud. Correct the mistakes and give the correct answers:
Answer key: 1.d 2.a 3.e 4.f 5.b 6.c
- Ask them to read them aloud and copy down.
III / While - reading
- Now you read the text and fill the missing dates and words.
- Have Ss exchange their answers and compare with a friend.
- Call on some Ss to read the answers loudly.
- Correct and give the right answer:
1. 18th century ……. Jeans cloth
2. 1960s ………..students
3. 1970s ……….. cheaper
4. 1980s …….. fashion
5. 1990s …….... sale
- Tell students to read the text again and answer the questions
- Call on some pairs to practice in front of class.
- Remark and correct. Then give the right answers:
1. The word “jeans” comes from a kind of material that was made in Europe.
2. The 1990s, fashions were embroidered jeans, painted jeans and so on.
3. Because jeans became cheaper.
4. Jeans at last became high fashion clothing in the 1980s
5. The sale of jeans stopped growing because worldwide economic situation got worse in the 1990s.
- Ask some Ss to read the text aloud. Correct mistakes and pronunciation.
IV / Post - reading:
· Exercise: True / False Repetition Drill
- Guide Ss to play game and give examples:
1. The word “jeans” come from a kind of material that was made in Africa.
2. Many students wore jeans in the 1990.
3. Jeans became cheaper so many, many people began wearing jeans in 1970s
- Correct mistakes and give correct answers (part a)
V / Home work
1. Learn by heart all new words and translate the text into Vietnamese.
2. Do the exercise in workbook.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
- Play games in groups.
from each group to demonstrate in the front.
- Listen carefully.
- Match the new words with its meanings.
- Read them aloud
- Copy in their notebooks.
- Read the text and do the exercise
- Compare with a friend.
- Read the answers loudly.
- Copy down
- Work in pairs
- Practice in front of class.
- Repeat the answers aloud and copy.
- Read the text aloud (3 Ss)
- Play game
- Listen and copy down.