Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 3: A trip to the countryside - Lesson 1
Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9
Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 9 Unit 3: A trip to the countryside - Lesson 1 được VnDoc sưu tầm và giới thiệu để có thể chuẩn bị giáo án và bài giảng hiệu quả, giúp quý thầy cô tiết kiệm thời gian và công sức làm việc. Giáo án môn Tiếng Anh 9 này được soạn phù hợp quy định Bộ Giáo dục và nội dung súc tích giúp học sinh dễ dàng hiểu bài học hơn.
A. The aims: Introduce life, and activities in the countryside.
B/ Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to talk about life and activities in the countryside.
C/ Language content:
- Vocabulary: home village, Paddy field = rice paddy, Bamboo forest, Banyan tree, Entrance to the village (n), Shrine.
- Skills: Listening and reading
D/ Teaching aids: Textbook, cassette, chalk, boards
I / Warm up:
Chatting about the city or countryside
1. Do you usually to the countryside?
2. Are you familiar with the countryside life?
3. Do you like the countryside life?
4. What activities do you see in the countryside?
- Call on some Students to answers in front of the class.
- Ask Students to look at the pictures in the book and introduce: In today’s lesson, We will study about countryside. Now you work with a partner and take turn to talk about activities in the countryside.
1. What do you see in the picture 1, 2, 3?
2. What is he/she doing?
3. Where are they ?
- Call on Ss to answers and correct if necessary.
- Give the correct answers:
1. Watering the vegetables.
2. Swimming in the river.
3. Feeding the chickens
4. Harvesting the crops.
5. Feeding the pigs.
6. Plowing in the field.
7. A buffalo boy is flying his kite.
8. Some children are playing football.
Ask Students to repeat and copy.
II / Pre - reading
Introduce the aims and contents of the lesson to Ss. Then present some new words:
- home village: explanation
- Paddy field = rice paddy
- Bamboo forest (n): picture: rừng tre
- Banyan tree (n): picture: cây đa
- Entrance to the village (n): translation: lối vào làng
- Shrine (n): picture ;đền, nơi thờ cúng
* Checking technique: Rub out ad remember
- Ask Ss some questions about the countryside:
1. Do you like the countryside? Why?
2. Where do you like to live in the future?
- Call on some s to demonstrate in the front.
* Introduce “Today we will listen and read about Liz’ strip to the countryside with Ba’s family”
- Ask Ss to listen and read then decide the statements are true or false.
- Write their predictions on the board
III / While - reading:
- Turn on the tape (2 or 3 times)
- Call on Ss to read their answers aloud.
- Remark and correct mistakes if any.
- Give correct answers:
1.F (Ban ad his family had a day trip to their home village.)
3. F (There is a big old banyan tree at the entrance to the village)
4. F (people had snack under the banyan tree)
6. F. (People had a picnic on the river bank)
8. F (Liz took a lot of photos to show the trip to her parents)
- Ask Ss to read the text again and answer the questions:
- Ask Ss to exchange their roles to practice:
- Call on some pairs to practice in front of the class.
- Remark and give correct answers:
1. It is 60 kilometers to the north of Ha Noi
2. Ba and his family got to the village by bus.
3. The banyan tree is at the entrance to the village.
4. They saw the shrine of Vietnamese hero on the mountain.
5. They had a picnic on the river bank.
6. Liz took a lot of photo to show the trip to her parents.
- Ask Ss to read all the answers again and copy.
- Call on some Ss to read the text aloud.
- Correct mistakes, especially pronunciation
IV / Post - reading:
* Exercise: Fill in the gap with most suitable word.
1. Mai often comes back to her ……... village in summer
2. …….. Forests have been the symbol of Vietnamese countryside for ages.
3. When we have time, I usually have a picnic with my friends on the river
4. Many people like the countryside because they can enjoy the …….. air.
-Ask Ss to do the exercise independently. Call on some Students to read their answers aloud.
- Correct mistakes if any and give correct answers:
1. home 2. bamboo 3. bank 4. fresh
V / Home work:
1. Copy the exercise and learn by heart new words.
2. Translate the text into Vietnamese.
3. Prepare the next lesson.
- Practice asking and answering the questions
- Listen carefully.
- Work in pairs to practice
- Demonstrate in the front.
- Repeat and copy
- Listen carefully.
- Repeat in chorus and individually.
- Guess its meanings
- Write down
- Play game
- Work in pairs
- Practice in front of class.
- Listen carefully and guess which sentences are true or false.
- Report in the front
- Listen and check their predictions.
- Read their answers aloud
- Read the correct answers and copy down.
- Read the text again and answer the questions
- Practice in pairs
- Repeat all the correct answers aloud.
- Read the text aloud
- Work individually
- Read the complete sentences aloud
- Copy down.