1. Experiments in the sonic imaging of moving objects … in both the United States and Europe well before the Second World War.
2. … billions and billions of stars exist in the vast space beyond our Milky Way galaxy.
3. … gene-bearing bodies within the nuclei of living organisms.
4. Abner Doubleday, ….., was credited with the invention of baseball in 1839.
5. …. Photosynthesis were to stop, life would disappear from the planet Earth relatively quickly.
6. Each fiber in the bundle … only a tiny fraction of the total image.
7. Antonio Gaudi, architect of Barcelona’s Holy Family Church, died before seeing … the structure.
8. This is the factory … at work.
9. America’s first globe maker was James Wilson, who ….. and blacksmith in his earlier life.
10. Napoleon …. The West Indian island of Santo Domingo in 1801.
11. Modern industrial methods have supplanted individual crafts, …. stone carvers, coopers, and cobblers virtually extinct.
12. Not only knowledge and skills, but also attitudes .…. in school for student’s future adjustment to society.
13. On Mercator’s maps, the far northern and southern polar regions are ……
14. On the slope of Long’s Peak in Colorado …. the ruin of a gigantic tree.
15. …. in Shanghai than in any other city in China.
16. The earth spins on its axis and …... 23 hours, 56 minutes and 4.09 seconds for one complete rotation.
17. ….. on the environment for the gratification of its needs.
18. Of Charles Dickens’ many novels, expectations perhaps .… to many readers.
19. …, the nation’s capital remained in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
20. Children learn primarily by … the world around them.