So sánh Since và For
Chúng ta dùng cả since và for để diễn tả một sự việc nào đó đã xảy ra trong bao lâu.
Since + mốc thời gian
(8 o’clock, Monday, 1997 etc.)
– I’ve been waiting since 8 o’clock.
8 o’clock now
For + khoảng thời gian
(two hours, eight weeks etc.)
– I’ve been waiting for two hours.
Now that is time for excercise!
1. It's been raining ............ lunchtime.
2. Sarah has lived in Paris ... 1995.
3. Paul has lived in London ... ten years.
4. I'm tired of waiting. We've been sitting here ... an hour.
5. Kevin has been looking for a job ... he left school.
6. I haven't been to a party ... ages
7. I wonder where Joe is. I haven't seen him ... last week.
8. Jane is away. She's been away ... Friday.
9. The weather is dry. It hasn't rained ... a few weeks.
10. He's worked there ____ he left college.
11. I lived there ____ several years.
12. She's studied here ____ two years.
13. I haven't seen them ____ July.
14. ____ when have you been allowed to do that?
15. I have been waiting ____ midday.