Bài tập nâng cao tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 Urbanisation
Nối tiếp chuyên đề ôn tập nâng cao tiếng Anh lớp 12 theo từng Unit, bài tập tiếng Anh Unit 2 Urbanisation - Đô Thị Hóa có đáp án dưới đây tổng hợp nhiều dạng bài tập tiếng Anh khác nhau giúp các em học sinh lớp 12 nhắc lại lý thuyết Từ vựng - Ngữ pháp tiếng Anh trọng tâm có trong Unit 2 Urbanisation hiệu quả.
Bài tập Unit 2 lớp 12 Urbanisation nâng cao có đáp án
Đề luyện tập nâng cao tiếng Anh 12 Unit 2 Urbanisation có đáp án dưới đây nằm trong bộ đề ôn tập tiếng Anh 12 sách mới do VnDoc.com sưu tầm và đăng tải. Đề thi tiếng Anh 12 nâng cao được biên tập bám sát nội dung bài học giúp các em học sinh củng cố kiến thức trọng tâm hiệu quả.
Part I. PHONETICS
Exercise 1. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word whose underlined part differs from the other three in pronunciation in each of the following questions.
|1. A. none||B. phone||C. stone||D. zone|
|2. A. life||B. like||C. live||D. lively|
|3. A. beard||B. hear||C. rear||D. swear|
|4. A. ancient||B. educate||C. stranger||D. transfer|
|5. A. account||B. astound||C. country||D. mounting|
Exercise 2. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word that differs from the other three in the position of the primary stress in each of the following questions.
|6. A. emigrate||B. immigrate||C. advocate||D. inhabit|
|7. A. confide||B. comfort||C. inflate||D. severe|
|8. A. biology||B. environment||C. geography||D. scientific|
|9. A. estimate||B. prestigious||C. proportion||D. urbanity|
|10. A. drawback||B. greenhouse||C. mindset||D. overload|
Part II. VOCABULARY
Exercise 3. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) CLOSEST in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
11. She's a down-to-earth woman with no pretensions.
12. It is crucial that urban people not look down on rural areas.
13. Polish artist Pawel Kuzinsky creates satirical paintings filled with thought-provoking messages about the world.
C . stimulating
14. She was brought up in the slums of Leeds.
A. downtown area
B. industrial area
C. poor area
D. rural area
15. The Freephone 24 Hour National Domestic Violence Helpline is a national service forwomen experiencing domestic violence, their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf.
A. in the same country
B. in the same family
C. in the same office
D. in the same school
16. The promise of jobs and prosperity pulls people to cities.
17. With so many daily design resources, how do you stay up-to-date with technologywithout spending too much time on it?
A. connect to Internet all day
B. update new status
C. get latest information
D. use social network daily
18. Online Business School also offers interest free student loans to UK students.
A. no extra fee
B. no limited time
C. no repayment
D. no interest payments
19. Many illnesses in refugee camps are the result of inadequate sanitation.
20. There has been a hot debate among the scientists relating to the pros and cons of using robotic probes to study distant objects in space.
A. problems and solutions
B. advantages and disadvantages
C. solutions and limitations
D. causes and effects
21. Her style of dress was conservative. She never wears items that are too tight, short orlow-cut.
D. up to date
22. Many of the immigrants have intermarried with the island's original inhabitants.
Exercise 4. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the word(s) OPPOSITE in meaning to the underlined word(s) in each of the following questions.
23. This restaurant was highly recommended for good service, delicious food and kind-hearted boss.
A. ambitious and greedy
B. attentive and helpful
C. generous and gracious
D. polite and friendly
24. Since 1979, ULI has honored outstanding development projects in the private, public, and nonprofit sectors with the ULI Global Awards for Excellence program, which today is widely recognized as the development community's most prestigious awards program.
25. Many people move to urban areas seeking for job opportunity as well as stable employment.
26. In cities, two of the most pressing problems facing the world today also come together: poverty and environmental degradation.
27. Unemployment is a massive problem for the government at the moment.
28. A cost-effective way to fight crime is that instead of making punishments more severe, the authorities should increase the odds that lawbreakers will be apprehended and punished quickly.
29. I propose that we wait until the budget has been announced before committing ourselves to any expenditure.
30. Until 1986 most companies would not even allow women to take the exams, but such gender discrimination is now disappearing.
31. The best hope of' avoiding downmarket tabloid TV future lies in the pressure currently being put on the networks to clean up their act.
C. poor quality
32. Without economic security and amid poor living conditions, crime is inevitable.
33. Increases in motor vehicle usage have resulted in congestion on the roads.
34. Urbanization is the shift of people from rural to urban areas, and the result is the growth of cities.
Exercise 5. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the underlined part that needs
correction in each of the following questions.
35. Urban development earn magnify the risk of environmental hazards for example flash flooding.
36. Even if rural areas are winning or losing from increased trade, however, remains
37. Strong city planning will be essential in managing those and others difficulties as the world's urban areas well.
38. Because of urbanization continues, not only the infrastructure for health but also other social services in cities need improving,
39. Government should be used national resources in a more efficient way in order to meet the needs of growing populations.
40. What problems could it cause and how citizens should prevent these challenges will
be covered in my essay.
41. Overpopulation is an undesirable condition where the number of existing human population exceeding the carrying capacity of Earth.
42. The loan is interest-free, which means that you will only pay the fee listing on our
website, with no extra payment in the form of interest.
43. Food prices have raised so rapidly in the past few months that some families have been forced to alter their eating habits.
44. Because of severe asthma attacks, the doctor suggested his patient to stop smoking.
45. Improving the status of women through increasing access to reproductive healthcare affecting migration and urbanization trends.
46. Poor air and water quality, insufficient water available, and high energy consumption are exacerbated by demands of urban environments.
47. Starting with, the foremost problem engendered by overpopulation is traffic congestion.
48. Between the time of the plague and the 21st century, there were hundreds and thousands of wars, natural calamities and hazards man-made.
49. It is argued that high costs of living and rising transport difficulties being two of the most serious problems brought about by overpopulation in cities.
50. Overpopulation and negative effect of it has been major concerns in cities all around the globe.
Part III. GRAMMAR
Exercise 6. Mark the letter A, B, C or D to indicate the correct answer to each of the following questions.
51. It is necessary that you ____ able to come with us.
A. are B. be C. being D. to be
52. I suggest that Peter ____ the directions carefully before assembling the bicycle.
A. read B. reading C. reads D. to read
53. We request that she ____ the window.
A. not open B. not to open C. not opening D. to not open
54. The UK is considering the proposal that it ____ compensations for damages of the Indian embassy.
A. been paying B. is paying C. paid D. pay
55. Howard prefers that I ____ to his party.
A. am going B. go C. going D. will go
56. Mary demanded that the heater____ immediately. Her apartment was freezing.
A. repaired B. be repaired C. being repaired D. beenrepaired
57. The monk insisted that the tourists ____ the temple until they had removed their shoes.
A. not enter B. not entering C. not to enter D. to not enter
58. The recommendation that she ____ a holiday was carried out.
A. has taken B. take C. taken D. taking
59. Was it really necessary that I ____ there watching you the entire time you were rehearsing for the play? It was really boring watching you repeat the scenes over and over again.
A. am sitting B. be sitting C. being sitting D. sitting
60. I propose that we all ____ together so that nobody gets lost along the way.
A. be driving B. drive C. driven D. driving
61. It is impolite that you ____ there when he gets off the plane.
A. be not standing B. been not standing C. not be standing D. not been standing
62. It is recommended that the vehicle owner ____ present at the court.
A. be B. be not С . not being D. not to be
63. Congress has decreed that the gasoline tax ____.
A. abolish B. abolished C. be abolished D. beenabolished
64. The doctor recommended that she ____ a specialist about the problem.
A. be seen B. seeing C. should be seen D. shouldsee
65. It is essential that she ____ the truth.
A. told B. should be tell C. should be told D. should been told
66. It has been proposed that we ____ the topic.
A. not change B. not to change C. to change D. to not change
67. They hope to ____ a cure for the disease.
A. catch up on B. come up with C. fill up with D. go out with
68. Don't worry, we'll try to ____ the problems and find a solution for everyone.
A. carry on B. make up C. sort out D. switch off
69. Tony was totally opposed but if you give him some time to think about what you said. I'm sure he will ____ to your point of view.
A. come round B. deal with C. fit out D. keep down
70. The rapid rise in the global population is not expected to start ____ until past the middle of this century, by which time it will have reached 9 billion.
A. falling off B. knocking down C. looking over D. passing out
71. In order to apply for a credit card, Tom first has to ____ a four-page format the bank.
A. catch on B. come up with C. fill in D. hand out
72. The teacher explained so much stuff in just one lesson that most of the students could____ only half of it.
A. break up B. get through C. let out D. take in
73. The map of top ten most densely ____ countries in the world includes Monaco, Singapore, Bahrain, Malta and Bangladesh.
A. populated B. populating C. population D. popular
74. Interactive games could be used in order to keep students ____.
A. engage B. engaged C. engagement D. engaging
75. We could mention some solution and government ____ in the conclusion.
A. initiates B. initiatives C. initiations D. initiators
76. Women who ____ due to marriage are not considered to be ____.
A. migrate – migrants B. migrate – migrators
C. migrant – migrators D. migrant - migrations
77. Each child had to ____ a short speech to the rest of the class.
A. do B. carry out C . make D. take
Xem thêm: Bài tập Tiếng Anh 12 Unit 2 nâng cao: Urbanization MỚI
Download trọn bộ bài tập và đáp án tại: Đề ôn tập tiếng Anh lớp 12 Unit 2 Urbanisation có đáp án. Mời bạn đọc tham khảo thêm nhiều tài liệu ôn tập Tiếng Anh 12 khác nhau được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.