Bộ đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021
Bài kiểm tra giữa kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 8
Bộ đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 do VnDoc.com tự biên soạn và đăng tải dưới đây tổng hợp các dạng bài tập bám sát đề thi, là tài liệu luyện tập hữu ích giúp học sinh lớp 8 học tập Tiếng Anh 8 hơn. Mời các em tham khảo bài sau đây.
- Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 1
- Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 2
- Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 3
- Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 4
Mời các bạn tham gia nhóm Tài liệu học tập lớp 8 để nhận thêm những tài liệu hay: Tài liệu học tập lớp 8
Bài tập tự luận và trắc nghiệm môn Anh lớp 8 Unit 7, 8, 9 tổng hợp các dạng bài tập phổ biến giúp học sinh lớp 8 củng cố kiến thức và chuẩn bị cho kì thi cuối kỳ sắp tới. Bên cạnh đó các em có thể tham khảo tài liệu môn Toán 8 và môn Ngữ văn 8.
A. Nội dung đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 8 môn Tiếng Anh - Đề 1
Circle the word marked A, B, C or D with a different stress pattern from the others
1. A. emergency
2. A. erupt
3. A. scatter
Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others
4. A. laughed
5. A. follow
6. A. wood
Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verbs in brackets
7. We (email)______________ her if we had her address.
8. Would you go to his party if he (invite)__________ you?
9. For over 130 years, Akubra hats (make)_____________ its legendary stories in Australia.
Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D
10. ___________ more help, I would call my neighbor.
B. Should I need
C. I have needed
D. I should need
11. Passengers______________to smoke in the train.
A. are not allowed
B. had not allowed
C. has not allowed
D. will not allow
12. The roof may have been leaking for the past few weeks but you do not have to worry about it any longer. It ___________now.
A. was repaired
B. is repairing repaired
C. has repaired
D. is being repaired
13. Air pollution is severe in ________________.
B. densely populated areas
C. industrialised areas
D. all of these
14. A forest fir e_________ quickly and __________ many trees.
A. raged/ killed
B. burst/ harmed
C. spread/ destroyed
D. occurred/ cooked
15. After the earthquake struck the city, rescuers searched for_____________.
Circle the best answer A, B, C or D
Consequences of water pollution
Water pollution is a matter of concern nowadays because of its negative effects on the environment and human. The first problem is that water pollution kills (16) ________ organism. Dead fish, crabs, birds and sea gulls, dolphins, and many other animals have been killed by (17) ____________ in their habitat. Moreover, pollution (18) _______ the natural food chain as well. Pollutants such as lead and cadmium are eaten by tiny animals. Later, these animals are consumed by fish and shellfish, and the food chain continues to be disrupted at all high levels. Eventually, humans are (19) ___________ by this process as well. People can get (20) ______ such as hepatitis by eating seafood that has been (21) ______________. In many poor nations, there is always outbreak of cholera and diseases as a (22) ______ of poor drinking water treatment from contaminated water. (23) ________ people don’t prevent pollution, not only the environment but also their health will be put at risk.
16. A. aquatic
17. A. pollutes
18. A. changes
19. A. affect
20. A. illness
21. A. cleaned
22. A. outcome
23. A. If
D. In case
Read the following passage and answer the question
Flood stands amongest the most devastating natural catastrophes. Almost everyone is well aware of its negative impacts on human such as loss of human life, damage to property, destruction of crops, loss of live stocks, and deterioration of health conditions owing to waterborne diseases.
However, flood can also have some positive impacts on the environment. In many natural systems, floods play the key role in maintaining the ecosystem functions and biodiversity. They link the river with the land surrounding it, recharge ground water systems and fill wetlands. Moreover, floodwater often carries both sediment and nutrients, so it helps enrich the land. For many species, flood trigger breeding events, migration, and dispesal. The environmental benefits of flooding can also help the economy through things such as increased fish production, recharge of groundwater resources, and maintenance of recreational environments.
While cycling of sediments and nutrients is essential to a healthy ecosystem, too much sediment and nutrient in a waterway lowers the downstream water quality. Other negative effects include loss of habitat, dispersal of weed species and the release of pollutants such as chemicals, heavy metals and debris. These can degrade aquatic habitats, lower water quality, reduce coastal production, and contaminate coastal food resources.
24. What does the passage mainly discuss?
A. Negative impacts of flood on human.
B. Negative impacts of flood on the ecosystem.
C. Effects of flood on the environment.
25. What does the word “catastrophes” mean?
26. In which way does flood affect human health as mentioned in the first paragraph?
A. waterborne diseases
B. loss of property
C. loss of liver stock
27. Which is not mentioned as a way flood helps maintain the ecosystem functions and biodiversity?
A. It recharges ground water systems.
B. It carries both sediment and nutrients.
C. It maintains recreational environments.
28. What happens if there is too much sediment and nutrient in a waterway?
A. Breeding events are triggered.
B. The quality of downstream water is lowered.
C. It maintains a healthy ecosystem.
Reorder the words to make meaningful sentence
29. What/ you/ do/ about/ like/ Scotland?
30. English/ an/ in/ official/ is/ language/ Singapore/.
31. Aquatic/ may/ also/ plants/ die/ of/ the/ polluted/ because/ water/.
Make questions for the underlined parts
32. The airplane takes off at 6pm tomorrow.
33. The children visit their grandparents every two months.
Rewrite the sentences using the word given in brackets
34. We don't trust Lan because she behaves badly. (because of)
35. I can't understand him because he speaks so quickly. (if)
B. Nội dung đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 8 môn Tiếng Anh - Đề 2
I/ Circle the word with a different stress pattern from the others
1. A. degree
2. A. legend
3. A. definition
II/ Choose the words that have the different stress from the others
1. A. around
2. A. buffalo
III/ Choose the correct answer A, B, C or D
1. A _____________ is sudden flooding that occurs when water rises quickly within several hours of a heavy rain.
A. quick flood
B. rapid flood
C. flash flood
D. hot flood
2. ____________ then what I know yesterday, I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble over the years.
A. Had I known
B. Did I know
C. If I know
D. If I would know
3. Jane: “John went to the hospital alone”,
Katy: “If __________, I would have gone with him”.
A. had he told me
B. he had told me
C. he has told me
D. he would tell me
4. Where is the fridge? - It’s ____________ the corner of the kitchen.
5. I never go to Australia. I _________ to Australia yet.
B. have been
C. will go
D. haven’t been
IV/ Fill in the correct verb form
1. Mai (live) ____________ in Hai Phong for five years before she (move) ____________ to Ha Noi three years ago.
2. Last night, Peter (go) ____________ to the supermarket before he (go) ____________ home.
3. If I (not buy) ____________ this dress, I (have) ____________ money.
V/ Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage
Contamination of water from any external source that makes it (1)______ to life is known as water pollution. (2)________the fast industrial development and modern civilization, the problem of water pollution is (3)_______day by day. The (4)_______ sources of water pollution are domestic wastes, agricultural wastes, sewage disposal, industrial wastes, radioactive wastes and oil leakages.
All the Indian rivers, including the holy river Ganga, have become highly polluted today. However, the Ganga Action Plan to control its water from pollution has not been proved (5)_______ .The (6)________ of water pollution is widespread. It causes many severe water-borne diseases.
According to WHO, 21 per cent of all (7)________ diseases in India are water-borne diseases. Oil is the main pollutant of the sea water. Huge tankers often dump oil into the sea. This act of dumping (8)________kills sea plants and animals.
1. A. harm
2. A. At
3. A. increase
D. to increase
4. A. most
5. A. success
6. A. effect
7. A. communicate
8. A. poisons
VI/ Read the text and answer the questions
Earthquakes are among the deadliest natural disasters, causing the largest numbers of casualties, the highest death tolls, and the greatest destruction. In 1556 in China, the deadliest earthquake in history killed 830,000 people. But many other earthquakes have caused the deaths of more than 100,000 people, and it is not unusual, even in modern times, for an earthquake death toll to reach 20,000 to 30,000 people with hundreds of thousands left homeless and with countless injured. The floodwaters of the 2004 tsunami in Sumatra, which killed over 200,000 people, were caused by a catastrophic earthquake.
1. Earthquakes are one of the deadliest natural disasters.
2. In modern times, the number of deaths caused by an earthquake is limited.
3. China is the country with the deadliest earthquake in history.
4. Earthquakes cause lots of death toll, homelessness and injuries.
5. Earthquakes do not cause tsunamis at all.
VII/ Write the second sentence so that it has the same meaning to the first one.
1. Since the invention of special computers, the paths of hurricanes have been predicted.
Since special computers__________________________________________________
2. The weather is bad, so we can’t go hiking in the mountains.
If the weather__________________________________________________________
3. Pollution affects the environment in many ways.
C. Nội dung đề thi giữa kì 2 lớp 8 môn Tiếng Anh - Đề 3
I/ Choose the word which has a different stress pattern from the others
1. A. survivor
2. A. official
3. A. poisonous
II/ Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the others
4. A. laughed
5. A. cover
III/ Choose the correct answer
6. A table with four chairs is ________ of the dining room.
B. the middle
C. in the middle
7. I’m .................. Let‟s do something. How about going to a movie?
D. being bored
8. A number of other provinces will declare drought _____________ in the coming weeks.
9. In some areas, human ____________ can be a contributing factor in causing landslides.
10. A _____________ is sudden flooding that occurs when water rises quickly within several hours of a heavy rain.
A. quick flood
B. rapid flood
C. flash flood
D. hot flood
IV/ Complete the sentences, using the correct form of the words in brackets
11. The Sydney Opera House is an___________monument of Australia. (icon)
12. In Canada, there are a lot of___________from various countries. (refuge)
13. English is an___________language of France. (official)
V/ Read the passage and then decide whether the statements are true (T) or false (F).
he Maori arrived in New Zealand from other Polynesian islands over a thousand years ago. They were the first people to live there. They made beautiful wooden buildings with pictures cut into the wood. There are about 280,000 Maori today. Maori have brown skin, dark brown eyes, and wavy black hair.
In 1840, they agreed to become a British colony, and they learned European ways quickly. Today there are Maori in all kinds of jobs. They attend schools and universities and become lawyers and scientists. There are Maori in the government. Most of them live like the white New Zealanders.
However, the Maori do not forget their traditions. Children learn the language, music, and old stories. They have yearly competitions in speaking, dancing, and singing. The Maori live a comfortable, modern life, but they keep their traditions by passing them to their children.
14. The Maori are Polynesians.
15. New Zealand is an island country.
16. The Maori look like the Chinese.
17. The Maori live only by hunting and fishing.
18. The Maori like music.
VI/ Choose the word or phrase among A, B, C or D that best fits the blank space in the following passage
London’s Tower Bridge is one of the most famous (19)_________ in the world. The bridge, designed by the architect Horace Jones together with John Wolfe Barry, was finally completed in 1894. It (20)__________ 11,000 tons of steel to build the framework of the 265-meter-long bridge. Over time, the bridge has become one of London’s most famous (21)___________.
(22)_________ photographs of the Tower Bridge is a favourite London tourist activity, but you can also go inside the bridge, where you’ll have a magnificent view over London from the walkway (23)__________ the two bridge towers.
In 2014, glass floors were installed in the walkways, giving visitors another, unusual view from the bridge. The long glass floors, more than 40 meters above the river, allow you to (24)___________ the traffic over the Tower Bridge from above. It is particularly (25)___________ to see the bridge (26)__________ and close below your feet.
19. A. bridge
20. A. brought
21. A. symbols
22. A. To take
D. To taking
23. A. at
24. A. watch
25. A. fascinate
26. A. open
B. to open
D. be opened
VII/ Rewrite the sentences
27. David had gone home before we arrived.
28. We had lunch then we took a look around the shops.
29. The light had gone out before we got out of the office.
*Tải file để xem đáp án chi tiết*
Trên đây VnDoc.com đã giới thiệu Bộ đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021. Mời các bạn tham khảo tham khảo thêm các tài liệu học tập lớp 8 hay như Bài tập từ vựng Unit 8 lớp 8: English speaking countries, Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 3, Đề thi Tiếng Anh lớp 8 giữa kì 2 năm 2021 - Đề 4.... được cập nhật liên tục trên VnDoc.com.